Author Topic: Troubles with a view setting  (Read 728 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Troubles with a view setting
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
I cannot use the left arrow key when trying to adjust views (I can use it just doesn't do anything) in the back right up view. I can page up and down arrow key up,down,and right just not to the left. all other view positions work as normal. Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: Troubles with a view setting
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:18:42 PM »
I cannot use the left arrow key when trying to adjust views (I can use it just doesn't do anything) in the back right up view. I can page up and down arrow key up,down,and right just not to the left. all other view positions work as normal. Any help would be much appreciated.

have you tried to re-set the key? for whatever reason it may have lost its program setting.

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »
No I haven't as yet. Will give that ago. Cheers..... although, surely if it works when adjusting all other views.....ah well I can only but try.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:58:46 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »
There's two more possibilities.

1. You have punched the left arrow button numerous times and now you really have to push on it before the keyboard sends the system a message saying, "Hey, this guy is pressing the left arrow button!"

2. Your keyboard is old and/or starting to malfunction.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:35:33 AM »
There's two more possibilities.

1. You have punched the left arrow button numerous times and now you really have to push on it before the keyboard sends the system a message saying, "Hey, this guy is pressing the left arrow button!"

2. Your keyboard is old and/or starting to malfunction.

Both of those are possibilities, however it is only in the back, right, up view that this is an issue.

Looked at my keyboard settings, all fine there. I'll just have to continue maneuvering so people aren't in that section of my view.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »
Yes, you already mentioned that. Which I too find to bee rather strange. It could always be an issue with the keyboard and it's drivers. However those drivers were installed along with the system, not much you can do about that.

EDIT: Have you tried checking if Left-back-up view will work with the left arrow button? If it doesn't, then it's just normal and there is probably not a work-around.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
I have experienced the same problem.  What I found is if I use only the key board to look up and right, for example, the ability to adjust the head position in certain planes is severly limited.  Same if I only use the joystick.  I have to use a combination of keyboard and joystick to set the views.  For example, I use the hat to look right and the keyboard to look up. 

It's a long reach from 5 on the numb pad to F10.

I noticed this the first time I flew the updated IL-2.  No matter how hard I tried I could not adjust the views so I could see out the sides.  When I looked left or right all I could see was the inside of the plane.  At the time I read all the posts complaining about the Hellcats view being FUBAR and figured it was a similar glitch.  A week later I figured out the workaround and went back and was able to adjust the views in the IL-2 so I could see out the sides.

Since then I've noticed this problem in a number of other planes.

For the record I use a Saitek X-52.  I don't not use thier software to set up the stick, all the buttons are programmed in the game.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 01:01:07 PM »

EDIT: Have you tried checking if Left-back-up view will work with the left arrow button? If it doesn't, then it's just normal and there is probably not a work-around.

yes, I am able to run through all the views using both the number pad and controller hat switch, and adjust all using the keys for adjustment. I have set the view in question back to default on many occasions, calibrated just as many times. This is only a recent problem, I believe it has only been since this last update. This really has got me stumped. By rights it should work. Thanks for all your help guys, it isn't a huge problem just an inconvenience more than anything. I am able to adapt and over come so sweet.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
I will try that edog thanks, Same stick and set up as yourself so I will try the combination of keyboard/stick you speak of.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 02:18:13 PM »
Exactly as you said Edog. Cheers

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 02:57:36 PM »
I think the game only accepts three key inputs at a time so if you're looking back right up you need to use the 5 and 3 keys, not the 5, 6 and 2 keys if you want to also use the arrow keys.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 10:06:14 AM »
BaldEagl, I have the problem when pushing 2 keys/buttons, the hat switch I use for my views and the button I have my up view mapped to.  Are you suggesting that when I map back/left to my hat switch, the game thinks I'm pushing the 4 and 2 keys? 

SPKems, gald I could help.  I know it drove me nuts untill I figured out the problem.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:11:33 AM by edog1977 »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 10:36:48 AM »
BaldEagl, I have the problem when pushing 2 keys/buttons, the hat switch I use for my views and the button I have my up view mapped to.  Are you suggesting that when I map back/left to my hat switch, the game thinks I'm pushing the 4 and 2 keys? 

SPKems, gald I could help.  I know it drove me nuts untill I figured out the problem.

Not sure how a hat interprets the key inputs.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bomber49

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
Very interesting. I experienced the same problem, none of the directional arrows would work on default view,started with an IL2 after the update. The fix for me was simple, and I have no idea how it worked or why..but all I did was redownload and install the hires texture pack. Still happens occasionally, so i keep a copy of hires pack on desktop and redeploy it when it happens,reboot and bingo it's good.   b49
You simply cannot win this war without heavy bombers, period. If all the hangers are down...how can they possibly defend it?

Offline edog1977

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 07:03:38 AM »
^ Last night I reinstalled the game and the high res pack and I still have the problem.  The first plane I set up the views in was the 109k-4.  I had to use a combination of the keyboard and joystick to set up one of the views.

FYI, I wasn't using the high res pack when I first noticed the problem.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 07:11:02 AM by edog1977 »