Author Topic: The Classless Sooners  (Read 1477 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
The Classless Sooners
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
I am a die hard Gator fan and can't wait for them to be national champs, and there is nothing more I'd like to see than them running up the score on OU.

That was the worst display of sportsmanship i have ever seen in my life. The Sooners deliberatly ran up the score so they could A. Hopefully get the #1 bcs standing and B. Score 60 points to get a record for most 60 point games or something like that.

In the 4th quarter with around 2 or 3 minutes to go they have their heisman candidate throwing bombs? I mean come on, that is just classess and I hope that not only as a gator fan, but as a fan of sports that florida juts runs the score up on them for such a tasteless showing against missouri.

I don't care if you're a sooner fan, you should be dissapointed too, that was just wrong, I was just foaming at the mouth watching that game.

GO GATORS
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The Classless Sooners
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 12:20:29 PM »
Don't worry there notorious for choking in Bowl Games... WVU Routed them in the last Fiesta Bowl 48-28.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »
OU is 2-4 in BCS bowl games...They are 4-5 under Bob Stoops in bowl game appearances. Given those odds and the BCS appearances they have had for the last two seasons I would bet on Florida winning...BUT I need some more time now to take a look at the game up close and personal.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
Well, let's not go too far here. I actually am a student at OU and even though I love the team I still think it is funny that we are the most hated sports program in America. Yeah, it has been that way for a long time now but I guess I have grown used to it. The current vibe around campus is that Texas probably did have a better claim to the title than us but it was the decision of the BCS that gave us the chance. As for Mizzou, I really hate Chase Daniels and love to see that fat headed ego maniac get destroyed every time he plays. As for the rest of OU fans, I would say about 25% actually went to the university or have sent kids there. The rest simply saw the t-shirt on sale at Wal-Mart and jumped on the band wagon. Trust me, we don't like them either.

So, please don't hate all Sooner fans, just most of them! :aok

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »
I can't stand this Bowl crap! Get a playoff and let the players settle it on the field, Not by votes!

Oh for those of you wondering what the University of Houston (My school  :rock ) has going for them, check out these stats from our SOPHMORE QB Case Keenum...

This kid is good

:salute

BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »
Well, let's not go too far here. I actually am a student at OU and even though I love the team I still think it is funny that we are the most hated sports program in America. Yeah, it has been that way for a long time now but I guess I have grown used to it. The current vibe around campus is that Texas probably did have a better claim to the title than us but it was the decision of the BCS that gave us the chance. As for Mizzou, I really hate Chase Daniels and love to see that fat headed ego maniac get destroyed every time he plays. As for the rest of OU fans, I would say about 25% actually went to the university or have sent kids there. The rest simply saw the t-shirt on sale at Wal-Mart and jumped on the band wagon. Trust me, we don't like them either.

don't hate the fans at all

stoops is a classless piece of garbage for what he did

you don't run up the score to jump to 1st when you're assured the national title game already by winning

and you don't run up the score to make records

that was just all in horrible taste what he did, as i said before, you don't have your heisman candidate in in the 4th quarter throwing long balls when the game is won, he shouldn't have even been playing the 4th quarter, heck they had the game won by the second quarter really.... just classless coaching
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 02:01:32 PM »
Yes, that was an odd choice considering Bradford was scheduled to have surgery on his throwing hand the very next morning.

Oh well, I just want to see an actual "fun-to-watch" National Championship this year.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »

Oh well, I just want to see an actual "fun-to-watch" National Championship this year.

Good luck with that.  Until they go to a playoff we're all stuck with this crap.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »
Yeah, because the Gators have NEVER run up the score on anyone... :rolleyes:
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »
Yeah, because the Gators have NEVER run up the score on anyone... :rolleyes:

yeah, but not in that manner, if they're winning big tebow comes out and all the 2nd stringers go in, and they just happen to score more, they aren't activly trying their absolute best to score, as oklahoma was the other night

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 03:39:16 PM »
LOL, ok, rationalise it anyway you want to. 
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »
Spurrier also became known for his gamesmanship while at UF, doing such things as giving much-derided Georgia coach Ray Goff the nickname of "Ray Goof" and intentionally running up the score against not only lesser teams, but also conference rivals such as UGA and Kentucky.

Yep, that's some real 'class' right there.  I don't care if it was 10 years ago or 10 months ago, Gators still ran up the score.  Can't have it both ways.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »

Ill take you over the dweebs (putting it lightly how much i hate them) from USC anyday.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Fugita

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 05:52:58 PM »
Yes, that was an odd choice considering Bradford was scheduled to have surgery on his throwing hand the very next morning.

Actually it's his left hand that got surgery. So we're still good. I am a diehard Sooners fan. I was raised that way. My Mom's an Okie from Okmulgee.

As far as any of these poophouse critics goes. Too bad. I think some of you need to go back and look at scores from the entire college season and see how many games were loopsided. I don't Stoops would have done that if the Mizzou players hadn't been running their mouths to the media. I would have done the same thing, but I would have been smiling at the little bastiges the entire time.

And to all you texas fans, you'll always have next year. Oh wait! you guys get a bowl game too. what's that one called? Oh yeah. the Fritos Siesta Bowl :lol

(note: can you believe spell check actually thought there should be a Capital T in texas?) :rofl

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
Yep, that's some real 'class' right there.  I don't care if it was 10 years ago or 10 months ago, Gators still ran up the score.  Can't have it both ways.

shhhh that never happened lol

i'll be the first to admit spurrier was a nut job and kind of a jerk, well, still is

But hey you're from texas, shouldn't you be a texas fan, and if so shouldn't you be agreeing with me lol