Author Topic: Track IR  (Read 2277 times)

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
Track IR
« on: December 09, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »
I just got Track IR as a gift and ive been using it the past few days. i find it very hard to do all the regular thing such as watching your 6, shooting, SA in general etc. Anyone that has Track IR 4, could you give me some tips or PM me of a time when i could get some 1 on 1 help in the TA?  :salute

Twintail
d-40 and d-11 easily out turn a spixteen
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Track IR
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
Here is Mace's Track IR in Aces High write-up, which may help you out with some setup tips.

Offline Phil

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:02:51 AM »
Be patient !

Read input from all...
You will adjust and fine tune your TrackIR set up.
Then you won't be able to play without !

I still use my hat switches too !

Look me up in MIDWAR !
Will be glad to help you out best way I can !

Mace2004 also has lots of input on the TRACKIR !

Phil /OPP7755

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
Will do, there just 1 other major thing. When i look to the right the transition is smooth but when turning to the left it seems to lag into place or just not want to turn at all. do you know what could be causing this interference? another electronic device on the desk perhaps?

Thanks again Trainers

:salute
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
Will do, there just 1 other major thing. When i look to the right the transition is smooth but when turning to the left it seems to lag into place or just not want to turn at all. do you know what could be causing this interference? another electronic device on the desk perhaps?

Thanks again Trainers

:salute

Most probably your camera is just using track of the reflectors or LED. Watch your "Tracking" window to identify your problem.

If you are using that TrackClip device, it may just be that the LED is hidden by your face when turning head too much to the left.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 08:19:22 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:26:15 AM »
Going from what Lusche said, make sure you offset your TrackIR to the left of centre a bit. Assuming you mounted the LED head-clip on the left side of your headphones.

Setting up a hotkey in game to centre your view is a good idea (You can bind it in game). Anytime you find the view is not properly centred or that you're not getting your full range of motion for some reason, adjust your head so that you're looking dead centre of the screen and hit your centre view button and things should align properly once again.

Hope that helps,

Qrsu
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
i think lusche got it, im using a head set with big ear covers that are blocking the most inner led.

<S> lusche and qrsu
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline CJ nitro

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »
If you ever need help with it even while in game look me up. Ill be on this saturday and Sunday almost all hours. From noon til around midnight est. If you can't get things figured out by Saturday I'd be glad to help you out. Some people but it and don't really give it a chance. It ends up on eBay. I can't play with out it even in offline practice. nitro

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:58:09 PM »
Make sure you have 'trueview' off in whatever profile you're using.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:10:08 PM »
Also make sure you uncheck relative to plane as well.....that way, when you are looking behind you, you dont need to lean left to look right etc - makes a difference.

If I'm on, gimme a shout, and we'll do some ta time to help with your tracking etc

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
what exactly do you mean by uncheck plane gpwurzel, that sounds great to me if i new what it was  :aok
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 06:44:43 PM »
ah, yes, might have helped huh.....its in the game set up (at work, or would tell you exactly where). There is a check box for track ir that is automatically checked named relative to plane - if that is checked, when you look back, you have to lean right to look left round your tail plane, and lean left to look right etc. By unchecking that box, you look naturally (ie, lean left to look left round your tail etc).

I'll check where it is when I get home post shift,

Wurzel

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »
ah, yes, might have helped huh.....its in the game set up (at work, or would tell you exactly where). There is a check box for track ir that is automatically checked named relative to plane - if that is checked, when you look back, you have to lean right to look left round your tail plane, and lean left to look right etc. By unchecking that box, you look naturally (ie, lean left to look left round your tail etc).

I'll check where it is when I get home post shift,

Wurzel

Options->Preferences->View Options  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 06:54:58 PM »
Thanks Lusche, your a star mate...

<S.

Wurzel

Offline TwinTail

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:31:10 PM »
its not checked and i have to lean to look behind me. is that what you are saying i should do, or should i have it checked?

<slow  :huh
==*Top Gun*==
TwinTail