Author Topic: Time for a new Furball Arena  (Read 4973 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Time for a new Furball Arena
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2008, 08:45:04 PM »
   U bet lookin u up right now a few hundred lol..

I'm in the MW right now (have been there for last 3 hours) and you've yet to contact me.  I guess you're not so willing after all...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
  U are full of crap :noid Were u flying a zeke also? Not saying he is good but what did u easily out turn him in? and what is ur in game handle?

P-38 and in game handle is AKAK. 

ack-ack

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
Ok the simple point is that folks in the MA think that they are more skilled :rofl Most people in the MA can not even tie there own shoes in a 1 on 1 :rofl   There are the vets that can but most have no clue what to do when they have someone on there 6...I bet in the whole MA that there are only 15 sticks that can beat me 1 on 1.... If that!! ///// chest thump!! :rock!! Start the list boys I am an old MA stick of only 3 years, but I will tell u pound for pound DA has better sticks 1 on 1  :O Most u MA clowns do not no nothing but a high alt pick..Like I said I am a MA clown myself but most you chumps in there are high alt picking dweebs..No skill punks with the attitude ur better because u play in the ultimate furball :rofl Start the list lets do it ready for all challengers :rock SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!  I am taking orders :devil   PUNKS  :furious

Ok...i took up for you in the other thread....But I'm not here.  I've fought you...and defeated you, and i KNOW I'm not in the top 100 pilots in this game....something doesn't add up here.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2008, 11:42:10 PM »
thanks I thought people were just kidding about a DA score.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2008, 02:49:50 AM »
Well.  I have to say, the environment there has improved a bit since I last spent much time there.  The text buffer was not in the gutter as much as it was prevoiusly.  The attitude was a little better as I actually heard vox comms asking if you want help with your fight, or suggestions to not all horde in and steal the kill from the guy that had been working a fight off to the side for several minutes.

The fight comms I mentioned are not just common courtesy, or artifical rules.  It's tactical.  The last thing I want to see in the MA is all 6 of my idiot friendlies crawling around on the deck after 1 bogie, when the next wave of enemies are coming in at 12K.  If you're part of a section, or flight (teamwork), threat assesment is part of sucess.  If your wingman is under immediate threat, the obvious thing to do is attack the bogie that is occupied with him (cherry pick).  If that's not the case, clearing your buddies 12 might not be a smart priority if there is another threat inbound (attacking the unoccupied bogie | novel idea!).

So no, it's not what it used to be where you could stop in, take off, and casually find a fight with little concern of interference.  But I'll grant that it is much improved from the slum I saw months ago.  Which was a bad introduction to the community, and a school of total dweevery.  So I'll dial back my vehement opinion for the time being.

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2008, 06:46:37 AM »
Really?  If those guys make up some of the best fights you've ever had, then you need to get out more often.  Neither of the two you've named are any good, if I can easily out turn Spacy while he's in a Zeke with all the advantages, he's not very good.  YMMV.

ack-ac

Ak...you know you out turned me in the vertical with an e advantage and generally with a buddy in tow to tag team me.  You are technically correct but misleading in the simplicity of your response here.  Of course, you didn't mention that I did shoot you down on occasion or that I never whined about it.  You used good tactics and flew well and I salute you...all of which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
"A man's got to know his limitations." - Harry Callahan

Offline 20mmrain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2008, 09:13:05 AM »
       I am not a big point chaser at all, but I do feel compelled to reply to this again! I do see spacy's point and others that it would be nice to get a rank in the DA. If for nothing else but to check how you are improving. As well as I believe that the people who spend allot of time in the DA are generally better pilots! (this is not always the case I know plenty of good pilots in the MA) So getting a great score in the DA would be a wonderful sense of self accomplishment! Also a little side note ,I know I will get allot of flak from MA guys for saying what I just said. But think about even the good pilots who are flying MA now, usually spent a great deal of time in the DA at one time training to get that way!
      Also as far as squads go allowing scoring would give a way for Co's and XO's to measure there squaddies progress in training. Giving the training new squaddies goals to shoot for. It will also give DA squads a chance to feel recognized as reel squads and just a sub squad! ( however I think the DA squads and MA squads should still stay separate so people can still belong to both!)
     Also last for the people who don't care about scoring well then what will change for you..... Nothing? If you jump out for no reason or have a bad day it still really doesn't matter. Because if you really are one of those people who truly don't care about the scoring in this game. Wether the DA is scored or not wont change your flying habits!
      Now there are also a bunch of cons too. One I'd hate to see the DA be turned into A PICK and HO Frenzy place as well, were people do make shift cheating to get a good score! So for this reason I think the scoring for each of the different areas should be kept separate! IE....  Furball, Dueling, Tanking, and SO on. To avoid this situation! If this change is made I would hope that score cheaters would be dealt with harshly! Because they have no talent and just make the game not fun for people who are trying to get better.

Rain <S> To TA and DA
Spitfire's Are only Called Noob Planes By the People Who Can't Beat Them!!!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »
Yeah, I wanted to say.. More like 150.  Mommy musta put a wee bit too much sugar in the chocolate milk.

Unfortunately, only had time for one fight against him but it's safe to say that there are at least 16 players that can beat him  :D

ack-ack

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2008, 09:40:53 PM »
       I am not a big point chaser at all, but I do feel compelled to reply to this again! I do see spacy's point and others that it would be nice to get a rank in the DA. If for nothing else but to check how you are improving. As well as I believe that the people who spend allot of time in the DA are generally better pilots! (this is not always the case I know plenty of good pilots in the MA) So getting a great score in the DA would be a wonderful sense of self accomplishment! Also a little side note ,I know I will get allot of flak from MA guys for saying what I just said. But think about even the good pilots who are flying MA now, usually spent a great deal of time in the DA at one time training to get that way!
      Also as far as squads go allowing scoring would give a way for Co's and XO's to measure there squaddies progress in training. Giving the training new squaddies goals to shoot for. It will also give DA squads a chance to feel recognized as reel squads and just a sub squad! ( however I think the DA squads and MA squads should still stay separate so people can still belong to both!)
     Also last for the people who don't care about scoring well then what will change for you..... Nothing? If you jump out for no reason or have a bad day it still really doesn't matter. Because if you really are one of those people who truly don't care about the scoring in this game. Wether the DA is scored or not wont change your flying habits!
      Now there are also a bunch of cons too. One I'd hate to see the DA be turned into A PICK and HO Frenzy place as well, were people do make shift cheating to get a good score! So for this reason I think the scoring for each of the different areas should be kept separate! IE....  Furball, Dueling, Tanking, and SO on. To avoid this situation! If this change is made I would hope that score cheaters would be dealt with harshly! Because they have no talent and just make the game not fun for people who are trying to get better.

Rain <S> To TA and DA

Thanks for your input Rain.  However, I do think you missed my point.  We are not really interested in scores as used in the MAs.  Underneath the scores (or rankings) are statistics for hits%, kills/sortie, etc.  We'd like to see those statistics reset monthly.  They get reset from time to time when there is a problem with the arena or when an update comes out.  We would just like them reset monthly without deleting squads.  We don't really care about rankings or what the MAers think of us.  The world we live in in the DA is different than the MA.

Offline Spacy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2008, 09:45:14 PM »
How about it Skuzzy?  Do we ever hear anything back from this input?  All we are trying to say is that the DAers are significant number of gamers (and a significant source of revenue) and we'd like our voices heard.  I've see where you have plans announced in October regarding 8 player arenas.  What is your expected timetable for implementation?  Are we talking to deaf ears here?

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2008, 11:27:02 PM »
Leave the dueling arena for people who want to duel... if you want to fly like people in the MA fly, then go to the MA. It sucks to leave the MA and go the the DA because you're sick of all the ganging, ho'ing, and general level of dweebery, only to find those same things in the arena that they aren't supposed to be in.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2008, 12:26:14 AM »
Leave the dueling arena for people who want to duel... if you want to fly like people in the MA fly, then go to the MA. It sucks to leave the MA and go the the DA because you're sick of all the ganging, ho'ing, and general level of dweebery, only to find those same things in the arena that they aren't supposed to be in.

uhh.. seriously... furblake is for furballing, which is a multi-type engagement.  for small action between friends or duels, they have other areas in the DA set aside for that.

what spacy is asking for, and i do see his point, is for "stats" not "rankings."  no harm in that. at all.  now, whether the stats and rankings/scores are inseparably tied together, i wouldn't know. i don't believe so.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Thias

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2008, 04:01:20 AM »
Shane, you and I have been winging in the DA for the last week. I know you know there is a huge difference between furballing and the ganging that these squads are doing. If it was in balance I'd be all for it, but it's not. And they make no effort or concession to balance anything out. So leave DA for dueling.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2008, 07:00:51 AM »
It would definitely be worth it to have a separate arena, and let the DA lake go back to what it was. It wouldnt be hard at all to tell those that persist to move over to the new 'furball' arena.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »
How about it Skuzzy?  Do we ever hear anything back from this input?  All we are trying to say is that the DAers are significant number of gamers (and a significant source of revenue) and we'd like our voices heard.  I've see where you have plans announced in October regarding 8 player arenas.  What is your expected timetable for implementation?  Are we talking to deaf ears here?

If you want a real answer email HTC/Skuzzy direct. The boards are more for sounding out ideas, or making general requests in the community. You will only get comments here on the boards, unless you step over the line in which case you WILL get the facts laid out for you. I know I've been answered any time I've writen to Skuzzy, give it a go.

As for asking about a time table.... LOL!!!!! FORGET IT ! They will announce it WHEN they announce it! period! They didn't say they were going to start 8 player again, they said they "would like to bring back H2H", much like they would like to have CT.