Author Topic: Went to the DA furball area for the first time  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Went to the DA furball area for the first time
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 03:27:24 PM »
What really funny to me is, that guys form squads in there and never leave. :rofl

Oh yes, and they are very serious about "ownership" of the arena.  By "ownership" I mean, whatever they say, goes.  Which is basicly no rules, pick, gang, horde, land kills, shout down complaints about their lame behavior, profanity, and rudness. 

I personally do not like 1-1 fights happening right in the middle or just off to the side of the "action" as I, personally, have flown into the fight, thinking I am helping out a fellow pilot from my "country" and ruin the 1-1. At no time did I mean to ruin their fun, but I happened into it inadvertently. Hence why those in the DA always hear me stating  "tell us or take it to the canyon", as a way to keep it separate.

Landing a kill proves that you can engage the enemy, score victories and return alive.  What's wrong with that? 
----
If you don't like life in the Furball area of the DA, please stay away.  No one will miss you.  If you want to blame anyone for the percieved problems of the Furball area of the DA, then take it up with HTC.  THEY are the ones who took away H2H where most of us would prefer to be.

Also then I could finally stop hearing the complaint from the MA people that, the DA isnt a real challenge or even an arena and all who play there arnt really playing the game!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:05 PM »
Ahhhh I see. Like your idea of the warm up thing. Not so sure why getting your name in lights in that arena is important though.

or in any arena for that matter
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 03:49:11 PM »
You can fight all the Spitfires you want in the TA without worry of getting sent to the tower for lack of SA.

Unless you smack into the ground of course. ;^)
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline 4XTCH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 04:13:15 PM »
Don't expect a 1v1 in dogfight lake.  Not going to happen.  Because, see, all those dudes have to kill you so they can get their name in lights and a bunch of WTGs when the land their kills in there!  Woot!   :rock

However, if you want to get warmed up and get your SA working...furball lake can be a good 5 minute tune-up before heading to the MAs.

There are alot of issues lately with the DA, and the mentality in there.
I do like the idea of getting warmed up inna furball though, but when you want to truely 1 V 1 someone, it's going to be difficult. The lake setup does not promote that type of fight IMHO.
As far as the name in lights thing, thats is a setting that we turn off in FSO..... You don't get to see right away who you killed or killed you till the logs are posted.
Maybe changing this would end the "I got my 2 kills W00T!!" mentality and turn it back into a fighting atmosphere. With VOX communications, it's easy to know if the guy your facing off is the one your there to duel.

my .02

4XTCH
~364TH C-HAWKS FG~

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »
I'm stupid, like I said before, when it comes to DA........ But as you said... The VOX in there should make it easy for people to setup a 1v1 and then just move to another area of the map.  Doesn't anybody do that?

I do like the idea of getting warmed up inna furball though, but when you want to truely 1 V 1 someone, it's going to be difficult. The lake setup does not promote that type of fight IMHO.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
The fight in the DA furball area is pretty much the same as the MA, the only difference is it is filled to the brim with people that have the 'big fish, small pond' attitude with nothing to back it up.

Well, that and they are also demanding H2H to return.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 05:19:21 PM »
There are alot of issues lately with the DA, and the mentality in there.
As far as the name in lights thing, thats is a setting that we turn off in FSO..... You don't get to see right away who you killed or killed you till the logs are posted.
Maybe changing this would end the "I got my 2 kills W00T!!" mentality and turn it back into a fighting atmosphere. With VOX communications, it's easy to know if the guy your facing off is the one your there to duel.

my .02

4XTCH
  If u are in furball lake ,and that is what it is called :aok Do not expect a 1 on 1 :aok
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
What's even more lame in furball lake is the 30k temp pickers that nail you while you are engaged and then pm you about how you just got owned. But i guess reupping in a temp and sending them back to the tower is enjoyable. :t
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
The problem is all the freebie players from h2h jumping into furball lake. They have their little dweebsquadrons and somehow manage to horde even in DA.  Basically, DA furball is like a miniature version of MA LW.

I wish it was like it used to be. A place where people have courtesy and wish to improve/have nice fights on a treadmill. Sure you can ask people for duels but it would be nice to just have a treadmill in the furball area.

Now it's just full of kids who come down from 15k in zeros and either auger or annoy you.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »
What really funny to me is, that guys form squads in there and never leave. :rofl

Ya its like getting ready for the ball, and stayin home eatin tv dinners and watchin M.A.S.H. reruns instead.

~AoM~

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »
I've never had a problem arranging a 1v1.  Just hollar out on 200, then move over to the appropriate field away from the masses.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 06:40:19 PM »
  If u are in furball lake ,and that is what it is called :aok Do not expect a 1 on 1 :aok

Then I guess I would expect a "furball", not a pickfest.

But it has deteriorated into "free for all lake"

Host: Player XYZ landed 8 victories in a P-51.

WOW--that guys gotta be one of the best punkstang drivers ever!!

How many guys you know that can enter a furball(and actually fight) with a p-51 and exit alive? Let alone land 8 kills in a furball?

My guess is that guy wasn't furballing and probably has one of the biggest mouths in the "furball lake".

Just a hunch.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 07:17:41 PM »
I play the DA a lot the past few months and kinda like it when its not too populated. At least you don't have to hunt for action. If anybody sees me in the DA please ask and I will be glad to do all the  1v1 you want at one of the side fields.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 07:21:51 PM »
 :noid What I do like about the cess pool, err DA arena, is that you can fight planes that are not the same as yours. Good place for ACM and SA practice. But I tire of it quickly when Tempests blow by at 500 knots, guns blazing head on from 1k out while you're trying to out fly the niki, spit, and hog on my close six. These jokers are not interested in improvement but only interested in landing some kills. They should just rename the place DA/XBOX arena and be done with it.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:34:58 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 07:32:13 PM »
I've never had any problems finding 1v1's in DA either, you just have to ask on 200 and move away from the lake.

I've also had some fun fights at furball lake, it is a great place to work on SA, and fighting multiple cons.

Admittedly there are some real lamers in the DA, but it's not a place to spend all your time, at least I don't think it is.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54