Author Topic: Gameplay.  (Read 588 times)

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Gameplay.
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
tac youre right if the option was there to up the realism and we had snapshots etc to use it in i think the complaints of the arcadey MA would cease or they would demand a seperate realism arena(historic?).

seems to me HTC have to cater for all types of flyers be they quake heads or sim anoraks to acheive the customer base they need.The only problem for them is trying to get it done fast enough.
i dont envy that task and i can certainly appreciate people like me, questioning certain aspects of the game, being quite annoying to them, but customers are who they are and however unfair it is its irrelevent.The customers will demand additions regardless of what that work entails and we are ignorent of how hard it is to acheive unless we are programmers and its up to HTC to do their best to give them what they want.Not necessarily because they want to but because thats the only way to keep the customers in AH.
they have to balance everything and have done superbly.Hell i may have quit for a while but i had NEVER played any other game for almost 2 years! to me that says it all.
A superb game! which is developing fast but unfortunatly not fast enough for my 5 year old type attention span   :p.
I still <S> them for their efforts though and i will return to AH undoubtedly.Just not sure when.But what you suggest sounds like what id like to see.keep plugging away  :)

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: hazed- ]

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Gameplay.
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
First, we have selected realism now.  What's wrong with suggesting additions to this selective realism that might enhance the enjoyment of the game?  Some ideas push the line between enjoyment and frustration.  Everyone against adding more realism into the sim always brings up the "well, let's just go full blown realism, 1 life, 6 hr missions, blah blah blah!"   Please, guys.  People are only suggesting some things that might make the game more enjoyable.  Then again, the suggestion might be too much.  However, to accuse them of "selective realism" is nothing short of hypocritical.  We ALL want selective realism in AH.  You do want gravity in the game don't you?  You do want the planes to not all have the exact same flight characteristics, right?  The difference between the so called "realism" and "game play" groups is the level of selective realism, in other words, what should be in the game, and what "concessions" should be in the game to deal with the shortcomings of simulation on a personal computer with a flat 2D monitor.  It's a personal preference as to where the level is, and no one is wrong.  I don't think ANYONE wants the level set to 6 hour CAP flights where you might not see an enemy.

Instead of attacking the person suggesting a change that'll move the bar towards the "realism" side of things, just state that you think it would be a detriment to the fun of the game.  I mean, that -is- what you're trying to say under all the "you must be born into a random country..." stuff, right?   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.