Author Topic: I'd like to see screens of this...  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Re: I'd like to see screens of this...
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 09:24:30 PM »
Hehe wtg Stampf!  Nice run.  That first frame I had a low 234 cross my nose and I just had to chase it (never was going to catch).  He led me right over the big gv war and under a swarm of 190s!  Boy oh boy what a dummy I was!  I tried to fight my way out but ...... :)

Now there's a couple of griefers jumped into this thread.  I usually don't respond to them but I guess they haven't been around FSO long enough to learn simple etiquette.  They probably haven't yet figured out why all the "old" guys are such good friends, no matter which side we are on week to week?
Either way, they won't be getting many offers of help until their attitude changes, I'm certain.

For the record, here is a picture of the "pickin-ho" of the 262 kill I made.  I also hit 2 others of the 4 that attacked our 6 A20s.  They were similar shots.  Had I personally been given the opportunity to pick or ho any of the 262s attacking us I would have.  These particular 262s however managed to ho or ram 3 of my a20 squaddies.  Their CIC might judge if it was the best use of that resource, I shan't.

Thanks for the acknowledgements guys but I have a change of ride this week.  I'll do my best to make that bounty worth collecting :)

rgds

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »
 :lol

Ain't that the truth.

Salute Dantoo.  :aok
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 12:14:04 AM »
 :rofl

Still carrying eggs, too

:aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RMrider

• Silver Member
      • http://
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 08:29:35 AM »
Lazer guided .50's  :lol

:aok
MDStampf - JG11 'Sonderstaffel'
Sgt Stampfli, USMC

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
Dantoo, how in the world did you get high enough to see blue sky?  All I saw was gray goo for three frames, from the deck to 30K.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
One of the great features of this FSO was the way that cloud increased with time.  How did they do that?
It was very early on when the 262s hit us.  We were well on our side of the border.  At that point there were still a few patches of blue sky about.  He just happened to fly past one at that moment of intensity.

If you look at the instruments you can see that we were about 8k at the time.

rgds
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:51:16 PM by Dantoo »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
Hehe wtg Stampf!  Nice run.  That first frame I had a low 234 cross my nose and I just had to chase it (never was going to catch).  He led me right over the big gv war and under a swarm of 190s!  Boy oh boy what a dummy I was!  I tried to fight my way out but ...... :)

Now there's a couple of griefers jumped into this thread.  I usually don't respond to them but I guess they haven't been around FSO long enough to learn simple etiquette.  They probably haven't yet figured out why all the "old" guys are such good friends, no matter which side we are on week to week?
Either way, they won't be getting many offers of help until their attitude changes, I'm certain.

For the record, here is a picture of the "pickin-ho" of the 262 kill I made.  I also hit 2 others of the 4 that attacked our 6 A20s.  They were similar shots.  Had I personally been given the opportunity to pick or ho any of the 262s attacking us I would have.  These particular 262s however managed to ho or ram 3 of my a20 squaddies.  Their CIC might judge if it was the best use of that resource, I shan't.

Thanks for the acknowledgements guys but I have a change of ride this week.  I'll do my best to make that bounty worth collecting :)

rgds

(Image removed from quote.)

*sigh*...  "simple etiquette" requires you telling the truth as well.  I simply called out the luck you had in claiming those kills.   ;)   Oh, and there isnt a guy in my squad that hasnt been around long enough to be friendly and courteous to all and/or have deeply forged friendships with other "old timers". 

We made our intial approach from your A20's 8 O'clock.  You're A20's turned head first into us... we had the angle first and you didnt turn until we were well inside 4k (I remember seeing your 8 O'clock at 4.5k and we were 450mph+).  A few of us pulled up and went over and a few of us went head long into the massed A20 as they came into us guns blazing.  So call us the "HO'ers" all you want, it wasnt us who turned head first into the enemy, we sat up initally on your 8.  We extended after the first pass and came back around to your 3-4 O'clock rear... again you and your wingmates turned into us AFTER we were already on course.... the "ram or ho your buddies" you're speaking of was accomplished by you and your wingmates as more than one of us have it recorded that we fired and pulled up or rolled hard.  I should post my film audio of the reactions of my squad mates as your guys turned into us... lots of "what the Hell are they doing... oh s*** they're going to HO! Pull up, pull up!!!.

Two of our Me262's did infact crash after losing parts while turning too sharp, one even rolled under to do a split S (to avoid thee "ram/ho") and ripped off a wing.  I dont remember hearing anthing about compression... just " *cuss/swear*, I just lost a wing/rudder/engine, I'm going down.  See ya at the VH tower".

Ah well... not a big deal, really.  Lessons learned, I guess.  *shrugs* 

<S>
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
You haven't learnt anything then.  Nothing.

<S>

HiTech

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 10:52:19 PM »
You haven't learnt anything then.  Nothing.

<S>

Arrogance is the second sign of ignorance.   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 02:03:23 AM »
Who cares who Ho or ram.  It just a game and Dantoo just had a very luck night.  Just like filth had a lucky night vulching the b-26.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 06:28:54 AM »
I didn't have a lucky night.
I have told no lies.
This guy is a grub.
Out.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 10:09:23 AM »
Nice job Dantoo. :aok
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
*sigh*...  "simple etiquette" requires you telling the truth as well.  I simply called out the luck you had in claiming those kills.   ;)   Oh, and there isnt a guy in my squad that hasnt been around long enough to be friendly and courteous to all and/or have deeply forged friendships with other "old timers". 

We made our intial approach from your A20's 8 O'clock.  You're A20's turned head first into us... we had the angle first and you didnt turn until we were well inside 4k (I remember seeing your 8 O'clock at 4.5k and we were 450mph+).  A few of us pulled up and went over and a few of us went head long into the massed A20 as they came into us guns blazing.  So call us the "HO'ers" all you want, it wasnt us who turned head first into the enemy, we sat up initally on your 8.  We extended after the first pass and came back around to your 3-4 O'clock rear... again you and your wingmates turned into us AFTER we were already on course.... the "ram or ho your buddies" you're speaking of was accomplished by you and your wingmates as more than one of us have it recorded that we fired and pulled up or rolled hard.  I should post my film audio of the reactions of my squad mates as your guys turned into us... lots of "what the Hell are they doing... oh s*** they're going to HO! Pull up, pull up!!!.

Two of our Me262's did infact crash after losing parts while turning too sharp, one even rolled under to do a split S (to avoid thee "ram/ho") and ripped off a wing.  I dont remember hearing anthing about compression... just " *cuss/swear*, I just lost a wing/rudder/engine, I'm going down.  See ya at the VH tower".

Ah well... not a big deal, really.  Lessons learned, I guess.  *shrugs* 

<S>

Lol, U complaining that a bomber ho'ed u, Unreal.  U have the faster, more manuevable plane at alt.  U should be the 1 manuevering for a shot, not A20's/ b26's.  They obviously cannot gonna climb as well or fast as u.  As Dantoo said, U have alot to learn.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:54:25 PM by AKDogg »
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
262 pwned by an A20  :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 03:27:14 PM »
A few of us pulled up and went over and a few of us went head long into the massed A20 as they came into us guns blazing. 

Dantoo you loser, you were supposed to turn and give them your 6, not defend yourself!
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B