Author Topic: Don't Like Night  (Read 588 times)

Offline Tozza

• Zinc Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
I love the nighttime in AH as it affords me some quality time with "fluffy" the kinky little sheep in the field north if airbase A26 where we can often be found at the midnight hour making excellnt use of my velcro wellis  :D

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2001, 01:22:00 AM »
i log everytime the sun goes dwn it looks great but sux

like mindinao terrain

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
I don't mind the night, however make it no more than 30 mins...

I usually just up a buff when dark falls, i don't like chasin icons either

SKurj

Offline zapkin

• Copper Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
at night enemy icon range should drop to 3k!

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2001, 11:10:00 AM »
stealing my idea zap  :rolleyes:.

night time is too light,it needs to be darker
icons need to drop to 3k
fields need landing lights when u go near them if your a friendly
we need spot lights!!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
The reason the "night" periods in AH are innacurate and not realistic are:

Far too light. Its much too easy to see everything and orient yourself for even a clear cloudless moonlit night.

Its far too easy and common to have single engine fighter "dayfighter" dogfigts in the night.

The Icons give faaar too much long range info.

Night, if implemented in AH, should be night. It should be dark and impossib;le to dogfight to the same extent it is now.

This current implementation is clearly a gameplay compromise by HTC by giving "night" to the ppl who want it but trying not to neccesarily inconvenience those who wanna dogfight.  So now we have this rediculous "night" feature in AH that allows single engine dayfighters to dogfight largely uniterrupted.

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2001, 08:13:00 PM »
I don't like night _ but then again I can't fly.
I generally log when the sun goes down.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2001, 05:19:00 AM »
There is only one problem with nights, is the unrealistic daylight u get when u increase u monitor brighness and shut off the light in ur room. Than its as if u fly at daylight.

From the experiences i hae with darkness of the night in AH, i must say, i think every fighter jockey that gets kills against an evading tgt or is even able to follow its movemet when he is farther away than 400 yrds, must be using the monitor brighness to be capable of that. Since i dont like using such cheap tactics i usually log off or hop into a buff for a long range strike when night comes up.

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2001, 07:39:00 AM »
If people want to fly around and not be able to find anyone then you can fly in the CT. I think most people could live without it and a lot of people would enjoy themselves a whole lot more without the night.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2001, 09:05:00 AM »
i would like night in the MA but not really intl we get a night fighter ju88 and mossie.

then take away icons and dot dar for all fighter airplanes at night but leave icons to 1.0k and dot dar out to 5 miles within the front 180 degrees of the ju88 and mossie night fighters.

thatd be coooooooool.

Offline SC-Mutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://skeletoncrew.ww1sims.com/home
Don't Like Night
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2001, 02:44:00 AM »
Model it with moonglow on water, friendly ashcans on rwys, and most of all, A SWITCH for the interior lights! But as the 'proud' owner of a 17" PROVIEW [gag] monitor, I can't even takeoff and land! Crap, I got the gamma, brt, and contrast up so high the blank screen GLOWS, and It's still too dark to even see my wings! I like the night, But till I can afford a better monitor, A couple more touches of realism might help me survive it  :)

S!

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
Don't Like Night
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
I like the night.

My problem is that I am doing so much stargazing that I die too much.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2001, 07:32:00 AM »
I like night alot and HATE Wind layers.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline andrewegillott

• Zinc Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2001, 02:58:00 AM »
i personally like the night. i find it's excellent cover for anything. but one thing to add quickly. how about extra perk points for getting a kill at night in a fighter?   :cool:

Offline Spivey

• Zinc Member
Don't Like Night
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2001, 07:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ:
I hear the buff rutabagas love night because they can still see the ground perfectly from any alt and hit perfectly, plus they are an extra bit harder to kill at night.  Cetrainly the buff rutabagas need this crutch too for at least several hours a day, I mean its soooooooooo difficult to buff in AH.

Judging by your post, you don't have a prob with bombers at night. You have a problem with bombers PERIOD! Well here's a newsflash: It's the only way to counter the numbers advantage. Problem is now bombing is TOTALLY INNEFFECTIVE! Bases auto rebuild SOOOO quickly that bombing is completely useless. I hit fuel at a base then bombed depot right next to it. Fuel was 125% within 10 minutes of dropping it. REDICULOUS! Grun, you may get your wish by default bud. My 2 cents? If you want a shoot-em-up furball arcade game go to the parlor.
Spivey