Author Topic: KI-61 film  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: KI-61 film
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »
Bosco is a good kid, but I think his ego holds him back from becoming a lot better.  :salute

Right, and I meant no disprespect toward the film itself - I mean, it was a lot better than what I can do. The problem lies within the "look at me" attitude. I just wish that some people would show more humility and allow their actions to speak louder than their words.  :salute
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »
well, I watched most of it, and I am very unimpressed, sorry Bosco, this film should be tittled "what not to do"  you where always in the "hourd"
and attacking planes that were already engaged.
 very lame flying IMHO, F3 view is a joke plain and simple, you will never learn anything by flying like this. BUT it is your $15 bucks,so enjoy it however you like.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 12:35:55 PM »
Bosco is a good kid, but I think his ego holds him back from becoming a lot better.  :salute

It's pretty common to see a distorted sense of what "good" is with newer players. A lot also has to do with in game affiliations. Different squads promote different flying styles and expectations of conduct.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »
I said it to Shane the other night, I know it was pretty stupid now. I felt pretty good about myself at the time, and thats why I posted it, I'm sure you would feel good about yourself too if you had 13, or should I say that? Probably never should have.

Sorry guys.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »
Bosco you've got a lot of ability and it will all come in due course. In the end its not what you think about your flying...its what others think that counts :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2008, 01:08:07 PM »
Bosco you've got a lot of ability and it will all come in due course. In the end its not what you think about your flying...its what others think that counts :salute

Exactly.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »
In the end its not what you think about your flying...its what others think that counts :salute

:rofl nop, it is what you know about your flying.  What the others think matters very little if any at all
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 02:00:54 AM »
12 kills inst that hard to come by in the DA these days if you know hat you are doing. Nice shooting Btw.
Strokes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 09:19:09 AM »
I didn't watch the film after reading the posts but had to give a shout out to Calan442 who I fought this weekend.  He was in a Ki-61 while I was in a Spit XVI.

We met at about 17K over a heavily contested Bish base.  He had a slight (maybe 1K) alt advantage on me to start and knowing that the Ki-61 can out-turn a XVI in the right hands (Karaya's for instance) I gave him my six to speed things up a bit before reversing to engage.  We went turn for turn for several minutes gradually dropping closer and closer to the deck.  While we both had opportunities neither of us took so much as a forward aspect shot much less a HO.

Finally as we hit the deck a friendly interloper arrived who I immediately called off (and he agreed) but it was too late as Calan had to adjust his angle and I hit him on a snapshot immediately after.

Anyway, I wish I filmed my sorties because he handled the Ki well.  The only fault I found was I thought he could have been a little more agressive given it's turning capabilities but it was one of those fun one on ones that keep you coming back for more.

:salute Calan442.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »
Its fun when you can take a KI-61, and out turn a Hurri2C with it. Just have to know what the plane can do V. what the other planes capabilities are.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
Its fun when you can take a KI-61, and out turn a Hurri2C with it. Just have to know what the plane can do V. what the other planes capabilities are.

look me up in LMAs lets put your theory, to the test.

not saying you have not out turned a hurri in one, but try to out turn MY hurri in one.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »
Its not how a Hurri can turn, but how it can climb, thats when the Hurri loses its adv. <S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 07:24:34 PM »
Turning and climbing are two different things.  And i doubt you outturned the hurri, but played an angles game with him
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »
Its not how a Hurri can turn, but how it can climb, thats when the Hurri loses its adv. <S>

I can pretty much guarantee you that I can handle the Ki-61 better than yourself.  But, I'm not one for "ego" and "pissing matches".   

You're getting over your head Bosco.   Please, let it go.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 10:48:38 AM »
The problem here is in a true understanding of ACM. The simple reality is that a ki-61 can not out turn a hurricane...period, end of story. Now that obviously comes with caveats...since nothing in ACM is ever absolute. When generic comments are made that are both incorrect and generic it creates confusion for people trying to learn the technical aspects of the game.

The bottom line is simple, the Ki-61 has the ability to control the fight vs a hurricane. Accordingly the Ki-61 pilot can use the energy advantage he has available in the vertical to defeat the hurricanes superior flat turning capability. Given equal pilots the Ki should prevail but the hurricanes exceptional stability at high AoA and the reach of its guns make it a threat.

In fact this fight is essentially a battle between the 2 circle fight the hurricane should favor vs the verticals of the Ki...