Author Topic: poor ava  (Read 3498 times)

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Re: poor ava
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »
I used to hate Spitfires in every setup until I learned how to fight them.  It's definitely a challenge to coerce a 109 into beating a Spitfire, but not impossible.  The problem with any Pacific setup is the Zeke.  I loathe it, and most everyone does at some point.  So what you have is everyone wanting to be allied.  When there's a setup with the Ki's it's more popular but...only just.  There just aren't enough airframes or variations when you compare it to the European theater.

As far as Oldman and fanboys...

I hate to remind you all that Oldman is the ONLY staff member who actually flies in the AvA.  (At least the only one I've seen in my entire time playing the game...other than the few months of the war.)  Unless/until the powers that be decide to add a new staff member who actually plays, Oldman is, quite literally, our best and only ally.

Who sets up the boards?  Oldman.  Who fixes it when it's porked?  Oldman.  Who adjusts it when we ask for changes? (such as the tank change this week) Oldman.  At least, in my understanding it's been Oldman who puts in the most time and effort.  So maybe he deserves a fanboy or two.

IMO, Oldman is our best friend when it comes to the AvA, lets not kick him in the nuts ok?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:39:21 PM by republic »
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »
Oldman is, quite literally, our best and only ally.

I agree he is your best Allie

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
John, that is way beneath your dignity level, sir.  :o

Best to the family and especially Tommy

I used to hate Spitfires in every setup until I learned how to fight them.  It's definitely a challenge to coerce a 109 into beating a Spitfire, but not impossible.

As far as Oldman and fanboys...

I hate to remind you all that Oldman is the ONLY staff member who actually flies in the AvA.  (At least the only one I've seen in my entire time playing the game...other than the few months of the war.)  Unless/until the powers that be decide to add a new staff member who actually plays, Oldman is, quite literally, our best and only ally.
Yupster to Oldman flying...

Another good fight against the 109 is the P40-E  The P40 is really a surprise package when handled right.  Unfortunately I get so excited that I forget what it was I did right in the fights... this mind wipe is usually preceded by a warm wet feeling in the thigh region.

In the current Tunisia set up, I have been favoring the 40 over the 38 when dog piles are on, and the C202 when numbers call for a side swap.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 06:40:27 PM by Odee »
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2008, 06:40:56 PM »

Not sure what that means...I've flown more Allied since I've returned than Axis...  So by that logic if he's my ally he should be everyone's ally.
P-47 pilot

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »
he should be everyone's ally.

Again I couldn't agree more.

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »
The P40 is really a surprise package when handled right.

It sure is, it's a surprising little plane.  We had P-40's vs 202's last setup, now that was a workout!  I went round and round for probably 10 minutes with Bubi.
P-47 pilot

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
It's OK, Shifty.  The big bad bird is gone for good.  It is safe for you to come back.  Since you haven't had a single sortie in the arena since September, perhaps that little factoid has eluded you.

Or you can sit and continue to spew hate for hate's sake, if that makes you feel better.  But it sure does make you look quite silly and out of touch. 

The amount of control many of you people allowed one person to have over you still amazes me.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2008, 08:23:53 PM »
It's OK, Shifty.  The big bad bird is gone for good.  It is safe for you to come back.  Since you haven't had a single sortie in the arena since September, perhaps that little factoid has eluded you.

Or you can sit and continue to spew hate for hate's sake, if that makes you feel better.  But it sure does make you look quite silly and out of touch. 

The amount of control many of you people allowed one person to have over you still amazes me.

The fact I haven't flown AVA since September should show you Storch wasn't the reason I left.
In fact Storch and I rarely spoke in the arena. It had everything to do with setups and a disagreement with Oldman.

If I wanted to dodge Storch I would have stayed out of the Midwar arena as well which is where I went. You're the one giving Storch all the power right now.
Because some people got fed up with it doesn't make them any less or you any better.

Your post is as hate filled as any of the others and filled with assumptions.
You having nothing better to do than go look at my score and assume I hadn't been back since September because of Storch amazes me.

So if you want to talk about looking silly read your own post and stop making assumptions.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:26:54 PM by Shifty »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
Silent night.         Holy night   :angel:

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2008, 09:34:30 PM »
Here is a hint for you, Shifty:
It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena. So they throw turds until the squads get fed up and leave. It goes back to 5 or 10 players a night and the regulars swapping spit about how much fun their having and how great the fights are now that all the tards are gone. Then a couple of months later they start wondering why nobody flies in the AVA.  The AVA is in that cycle again now. Nothing's changed it's always been this way and it always will. I speak for nobody other than myself this is my opinion.
You are the one that came to this thread throwing turds around.  Therefore it is obviously you that has the problem, as demonstrated by the fact you haven't bothered to show your pretty head in the arena since September.

No I don't, those two squads were a breath of fresh air to this cess pool.
It's apparent you're either ignorant or trolling. Personally I don't think you're clever enough to troll.
Or maybe they just threaten your little kingdom that's why you feel the need to bash them constantly.

You're sure not clever  enough to change for the good of the arena.
You talk the talk with your little code of ethics post, but your post above is proof you don't mean any of it. Maybe you just do it for the attention.
Here you go with another turd hurled.  Funny, but in this thread you are the one who seems intent on bashing people constantly. 

I suppose you could be out of touch to the point you never observed the persitent griefing of several of the Avengers -- that might explain why you think they were a "breath of fresh air" -- or perhaps you are of the same mind -- guess I'll leave that one for interpretation.

But, ah! I see.  You are the only one who has the answers about how to make the arena a better place.  Jaeger, on the other had, should just keep his mouth shut since he obviously is not entitled to an opinion about how the place can be made better, and he sure as heck shouldn't make a post to share his views.

So, let us cut to the chase.  You don't fly in the AvA anymore, but you will come on the boards and bash people about perceived bad behavior.  Of course, since you don't fly in the AvA anymore, you could not have personally observed any of it.  Yet, you will make your uninformed and irrelevant observations anyway.  So, yes, that is what I would call hate for hate's sake.  What pleasure you could possibly derive from this is beyond me, but if that is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

You say I am wrong about your leaving because of storch's vociferous nature -- fine, I will take you at your word, and I willingly retract the statement and admit I was wrong.  I looked at your scores because you remind me a lot of Krusty and Kev, who used to come in here and itch and moan about "setups", but never bothered to show their head in the arena, even if they got their way.  I do think I was right on that count.

Perhaps OM will try your setup, and you can prove me wrong on that point, too.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »
It's also well known that everytime squads start showing interest in the AVA many of the self proclaimed regulars take offense to them flying in what they consider their arena. So they throw turds until the squads get fed up and leave. It goes back to 5 or 10 players a night and the regulars swapping spit about how much fun their having and how great the fights are now that all the tards are gone. Then a couple of months later they start wondering why nobody flies in the AVA.  The AVA is in that cycle again now. Nothing's changed it's always been this way and it always will. I speak for nobody other than myself this is my opinion.

Here is a hint for you, Shifty:You are the one that came to this thread throwing turds around.

You're right pointing out the annual squashing of new energy in the AVA is turd throwing at it's most intense. :huh

No I don't, those two squads were a breath of fresh air to this cess pool.
It's apparent you're either ignorant or trolling. Personally I don't think you're clever enough to troll.
Or maybe they just threaten your little kingdom that's why you feel the need to bash them constantly.

You're sure not clever  enough to change for the good of the arena.
You talk the talk with your little code of ethics post, but your post above is proof you don't mean any of it. Maybe you just do it for the attention.

Here you go with another turd hurled.  Funny, but in this thread you are the one who seems intent on bashing people constantly. 

I suppose you could be out of touch to the point you never observed the persitent griefing of several of the Avengers -- that might explain why you think they were a "breath of fresh air" -- or perhaps you are of the same mind -- guess I'll leave that one for interpretation.

I'll admit you have a point here, but it was a turd returned for a turd fired. If the Avengers were griefing I for one couldn't blame them as much grief as they were taking.

But, ah! I see.  You are the only one who has the answers about how to make the arena a better place.  Jaeger, on the other had, should just keep his mouth shut since he obviously is not entitled to an opinion about how the place can be made better, and he sure as heck shouldn't make a post to share his views.

Again I gave an opinion to the question posed why more people don't fly in the AVA. I never said I had all the answers, YOU SAID I DID. I knew when I gave it I'd catch grief from people like you. I also said it was going to take cooperation and give and take by both sides. That was answered by Jaeger with his usual scoffing of JG-11 and The Avengers.

So, let us cut to the chase.  You don't fly in the AvA anymore, but you will come on the boards and bash people about perceived bad behavior.  Of course, since you don't fly in the AvA anymore, you could not have personally observed any of it.  Yet, you will make your uninformed and irrelevant observations anyway.  So, yes, that is what I would call hate for hate's sake.  What pleasure you could possibly derive from this is beyond me, but if that is how you get your jollies, more power to you.

Yes I haven't flown in the AVA since September. I've rarely posted since then either. However my money is as green as yours and I have the right to pursue a historical matchup arena the same as you and post my opinons on it the same as you. Although I don't see you post much about the arena your posts seems to be aimed at me or anybody else that had a complaint about the goings on in the AVA.

Like Republic the AVA was the only home I had from 2001 until late 2006 and yes I miss it. It could be a great place to fly, yet everybody allows it to become a ghetto and than they ask.. Why won't anybody fly in the AVA? Well we'll never get to the bottom of it unless we start talking about what's wrong and fixing the problems. I posted my opinion, I'm not saying it's right or the only answer I'm just saying it's my opinion. It may not be pretty but there it is. Everybody, including you has something to add, and all voices should be heard and all ideas given some consideration. You may think I derive pleasure from this but that's far from the truth. I don't enjoy this at all. I knew I'd get flamed but right now there's nothing but boot licking and looking right past some of the problems why nobody flies here. It's simple. It hasn't been an enjoyable place to fly for a lot of people. However that doesn't mean it couldn't be or shouldn't be. Somebody had to say something to get peoples attention to the white elephant in the corner of the room. If you find that a threat or hate I don't know what to tell you.

You say I am wrong about your leaving because of storch's vociferous nature -- fine, I will take you at your word, and I willingly retract the statement and admit I was wrong.  I looked at your scores because you remind me a lot of Krusty and Kev, who used to come in here and itch and moan about "setups", but never bothered to show their head in the arena, even if they got their way.  I do think I was right on that count.

I have to tell you, you are dead wrong about Storch being my reason for leaving. He could piss me off, but he could never scare me off. I'm one of those idiots he could shoot down all day. I'd just get mad and go right back up, but not out.
No offense but you were wrong about Krusty and Kev as well. I'm not like them at all. They can both outfly me.  ;)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »

If you weren't such a tempermental twit I'd agree with that  :aok
Haven't seen you in the arena in months, yet you come here starting stuff...Are you just bored?
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2008, 07:49:35 AM »

Make that Their best Allie. I agree with Republic on this one. No preferental treatment, OM just doing his job to make the community a better place, keep it running, and have a little fun doing it. Seems a pitty to even argue this point if youve flown in the arena in the last year.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »
If you weren't such a tempermental twit I'd agree with that  :aok
Haven't seen you in the arena in months, yet you come here starting stuff...Are you just bored?

You'd agree with my point if it wasn't for your opinion of me, and I'm the twit? :lol

You hadn't flown in here for years compared to the time I have logged in the AVA, but that doesn't make your opinion any less valid than mine.
You haven't given your idea of how to help bring numbers to the arena you have just taken swipes at me.
So who's really starting trouble? Again I gave my opinon of the Arena and things that I feel ought to be adressed if people want more numbers in the arena.
I didn't start on you, you started on me. Are you bored?

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
I think last night got as heated as Ive seen for a few weeks
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27