Author Topic: The Training Arena URGENT  (Read 2513 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: The Training Arena URGENT
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
Wow...
I hope you've forwarded his GameID to the trainers so they can ban him from the TA.

What a shame, but I doubt Imadot's suggestion will stop this from happening in there.

Hard to believe a long time AH'er would be doing this. Sounds more like a noob himself but as stated , it isn't.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 01:37:51 PM »
way ahead of ya...Snailman has his name  :)

I SERIOUSLY doubt it was Lusche aka Snailman. He is a very good guy and pilot. Are you sure he didnt take your bate when you told him you were a newb and just flipped the coin on you?

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 02:51:48 PM »
Pass the Eggnog  :noid
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »
I SERIOUSLY doubt it was Lusche aka Snailman. He is a very good guy and pilot. Are you sure he didnt take your bate when you told him you were a newb and just flipped the coin on you?

It Wasn't Snailman guys...read and comprehend the post correctly.  Snailman HAS the name of the guy who did this; meaning I told Snailman about the guy
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
I've seen the pseudo trainer type in the TA many times myself.  I'm in the TA a lot as many know.  Never once have I tried to pose as an actual trainer, some trainers have asked for my help in training someone and refeered to me for specific aircraft help with a client, and I gladly help as I can.  It takes a lot of patience and knowledge to be a good trainer.  As far as I'm concerned we don't have any bad trainers, they all seem excellent and my hats off to them :aok.  I've also seen this go the other way where a fairly experienced stick comes in to waste the trainers time.  I forgot the specifics of the event but I can recall warning the trainer in a PM of what he was getting into, and he replied back that he was getting the same impression I was. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 04:17:28 PM »
Intresting thread.
Laughed at first, then thought about it. It is sad, that people would advertise their help, without even knowing wtf their doing. Maybe the person really doesnt even understand what the hell their doing and thought they would give what ever information they seemed to have picked up on. Long live SEA and FSO. May squads enlight their own, and whoever jumps in Missions.
Ive been going to the TA during the day (EST), just to screw with Temps. I'll start asking for some training. See what bites, cheers.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2008, 04:19:31 PM »
I , personally, thank all individuals regardless if you are HTC Staff, HTC VOlunteer Staff, etc..or just a Aces High Member , who can see past needing any gratification, and sincerely and honestly help the other members with any type of contributions, all be it terrains, scenarios, guideince, Special Events, or teaching proper etiquette to new comers. TO help make this a better place for each of us

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Great Post, Ghosth, Sir! pardon me for adding to it...I am being lazy today  :D

er um.....edited for my poor intoxicated typing skills...who spiked the eggnog?   :huh

I would hope that folks would contribute to the AH community for the betterment of the community, not for an 'attaboy'.   If you are doing it for an 'attaboy', you are doing it for the wrong reason.

We all benefit from the efforts of folks trying to make the game better.  No one loses in that.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ex-jazz

• Nickel Member
My public apology
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »
Off-topic /0n
----------------

My public apology

After some days of personal 'OMG?!', it's time to step up to the soapbox of shame...

I went over The Lines in wrong time and in wrong place.

I should remember something after all these years. This is just a game and no one should lose the temper over it, as I did. At least not in public.

Have a nice New Year.
-------
off-topic/off

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My public apology
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2008, 06:17:19 PM »
Off-topic /0n
----------------

My public apology

After some days of personal 'OMG?!', it's time to step up to the soapbox of shame...

I went over The Lines in wrong time and in wrong place.

I should remember something after all these years. This is just a game and no one should lose the temper over it, as I did. At least not in public.

Have a nice New Year.
-------
off-topic/off

Takes a big man to do that.
<S>
See Rule #4

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2008, 08:33:54 PM »
I like to fly in the TA when I have nothing to do and have seen this stuff way to many times. Iv seen people that have been playing less then a week try to tell people that have been playing a few days how to "fite". Iv even seen people that said they have been playing for a month with a squad name saying that they were trainers. I asked to to dig fight me once and ran him into the ground while flying with full WEP the whole time.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2008, 11:02:22 PM »
Steven Waldren's back?  Or was it Sweetooth?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2008, 11:05:05 PM »
Wasn'y Sweet2th   TODD420...aka 1HungLo?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2008, 01:59:07 AM »
Wasn'y Sweet2th   TODD420...aka 1HungLo?

1HungLo???    Now thats one of the top ten gamey names in the game

BTW, how many players does AH Have?  heheh

Offline trigger2

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2008, 04:00:28 AM »

3. Again speaking as a noob, I just want to state that the training and advice offered in the TA as
    well as in the other arenas is GREATLY, HUGELY appreciated. Those that remember when they where new
    and offer thier time and assistance to help folks like me is a huge compliment to them and I look
    forward to be able to pass my knowledge down to others in the future as well. ( far future..lol.. )

Well, you don't have to be a noob to find yourself asking for help in the TA. ;)
I find I spent a good portion of my time in the TA asking for help with this or that, working out some kinks on my own, or trying to help some of the guys (or gals) out that ask for it when the trainers, if they're there, are too swamped. Hell, I'd been playing for about a year before I finally had the ego to go in the TA (yeah yeah...), guess I was afraid of the "eyes are all on you, noob" possibility, but I was shocked when I asked Ghosth for some help in the p40 and he upped right up and made a joke on the p-40, and how it seems to lead to punishment ;).
The trainers do what they're supposed to, and do a great job at it imo. Also imo, if you don't know what you're doing, don't try and teach it to someone else, the gameplays taken a nosedive as it is, no need to make it worse.
Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only
need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the
WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
*TAs Aerofighters Inc.*

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2008, 09:30:31 AM »

You might want to work on your reading comprehension skills.  The report was given to snailman .....geez

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009