Author Topic: Got new stick  (Read 933 times)

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
Got new stick
« on: December 27, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »
I got the Logitech Attack 3 and I had one before when i played last year and give me a guess to how long it'll last. Its replacing my malfunctioning Saitek X52. I'm guessing around 8 months it was $30.99 which is pretty cheap compared to the X52.

-Tmac
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
Re: Got new stick
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 11:00:04 PM »
what went wrong with the 52?
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
what went wrong with the 52?

he lost the password for it !   :D

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »
Quiet Fugitive lol and no it keeps getting Uncalibrated. I think its the USB cord that connects to the Throttle and Joystick.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 11:43:11 PM »
Quiet Fugitive lol and no it keeps getting Uncalibrated. I think its the USB cord that connects to the Throttle and Joystick.
if you haven't yet, turn the LED's off...mine was spiking and losing calibration, but after I turned off the lights it's been working great. I thought it was my stick that sucked, but now that it works fine(for the first time since I got it) I realize that I am the worst frikkin cartoon fighter pilot ever.
Lagger

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »
Get a powered USB hub, and tape in the wires to the joystick and throttle.

Then, on the occasions when it does uncalibrate, unplug the JOYSTICK segment ONLY, plug it back in, and let it sit for ~10 seconds to allow it to auto-calibrate.

I have found that using NONE of the Saitek software helps reduce the number of uncalibrations a lot.
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 02:15:01 AM »
Yup I too have an X52 collecting dust in my closet. It's for sale if anyone wants it the controls and spring action are way to loose for my liking. I wish I had knew that before I dropped $130.00 bucks on that P.O.S.  I will let it go for 60 bucks if anyone wants it. Funny , I find myself also playing with my $19.00 Logitech. It has a much tighter spring and tension response oddly enough.
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:27:07 AM »
Yup I too have an X52 collecting dust in my closet. It's for sale if anyone wants it the controls and spring action are way to loose for my liking. I wish I had knew that before I dropped $130.00 bucks on that P.O.S.  I will let it go for 60 bucks if anyone wants it. Funny , I find myself also playing with my $19.00 Logitech. It has a much tighter spring and tension response oddly enough.

I have one sitting in my closet too. Also have my old trusty Sidewinder FF.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 04:41:51 AM »
To tighten the X52 just put something between the plate and the spring to pre-load the spring.  Stiffens right up, I just got one myself, I like it a lot.  Lots of controls on the throttle makes it nice for trimming and stuff.

Powered Hub is a must for the X52's, they use lots of power for the MFD and lights.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 05:40:28 AM »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »
I know its was uncalibrated because when i was in a gv tried to AIM to the left it would swing to the right. Everytime i recalibrate my joystick it swings to a different direction.
 This could be rather hard GVing and flying bombers too. Fighter planes it gets aggrivating but i was dealing with it. I saw that joysticks were on sale at best buy and bought one. Now my X52 is my Back up. 

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »
Ok I plugged X52 back in turned LED lights off Recalibrated and didnt work. When i look in Map controls or what ever it is to list the buttons it shows y-axis and X-axis and the x-axis numbers are jumping from 2000-3000 within seconds constantly back and forth. :furious

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline GFShill

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Sell it and buy a CH stick instead.  :aok
==========

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 08:41:10 AM »
EDIT: I turned my lights off un plugged it restarted computer and wouldn't you know it back to normal flied with it for 10 minutes and GV'ed for 5 minutes. I think those Tips fixed it.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Online Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 08:44:25 AM »
I got the Logitech Attack 3 and I had one before when i played last year and give me a guess to how long it'll last.

-Tmac

If you get three months out of it, I'll be very surprised. CH is the only way to go for trouble free, long lasting gear.