Author Topic: Called Police 2nd time in a week  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Called Police 2nd time in a week
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2009, 12:39:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure Police Dept.'s all over your area were breaking your door down to join. :rofl

Your a funny little guy Culero. To bad your going to be turned into soylent green the minute Skuzzy comes back from lunch.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure Police Dept.'s all over your area were breaking your door down to join. :rofl
snip

Not at all. But friends who are officers have more than once told me they'd like to see me working with them. Its a good career but not one I'm suited to by temperament and I know that. Besides, I already have a good job :)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »
:aok  You got that right. Shades of grey is just anouther way of saying you are unwilling to take a stance on right and wrong but are willing to put your and your families life on the line for a "what if" situation. I consider anyone in my home uninvited a direct personal threat against me no matter what their intentions are and I will deal with that threat in the most expediant manner available to me. Steel on target, center mass, till the target is on the ground. The way I was raised and my personal beliefs will let me sleep at night afterwards.

No shades of gray here. My wife was taught how to shoot her pistol at close range and she was also told to drop the intruder. She will squeeze the trigger on target till the weapon stops making noise. Home invasions have gone up around here. We just had an innocent young man break into a house that was not his. He was so drunk he did not realize he was wrong and paid the ultimate price for it. Will be interesting to see how this investigation turns out.
Law here is like the one in Texas. No warning,NO duty to retreat,and if you believe they are breaking in to steal or harm you can use deadly force.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2009, 01:53:03 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that as well.  I guess it's just easier to say that I agree with you than it ever is to say I agree with Moray because his posts are so pompous and holier than thou.

:rock
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »
No shades of gray here. My wife was taught how to shoot her pistol at close range and she was also told to drop the intruder. She will squeeze the trigger on target till the weapon stops making noise. Home invasions have gone up around here. We just had an innocent young man break into a house that was not his. He was so drunk he did not realize he was wrong and paid the ultimate price for it. Will be interesting to see how this investigation turns out.
Law here is like the one in Texas. No warning,NO duty to retreat,and if you believe they are breaking in to steal or harm you can use deadly force.

While that is tragic, that young man is the one that started the chain of events that lead up to his own life ending. The choices were his, not the shooters. He chose to drink, he chose to drink to a point where he didn't know he was going into the wrong home. Those were his mistakes, not the homeowners, and they led up to his life ending.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
Ever notice how many cops seem to think you have to be a cop before you know how to read and understand the law? Ever notice how many cops seem to think you have to be a cop to be a disciplined shooter? That's more akin to obsession, or rather delusion, if you ask me. Practice makes perfect, buddy, and the law is a public document

So true.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that as well.  I guess it's just easier to say that I agree with you than it ever is to say I agree with Moray because his posts are so pompous and holier than thou.

If by "holier than thou" you mean correct and astute, thank you.

I'm sorry if you think this way about me.  You don't know me, and I don't know you.  But at no point have I made it a point to insult you, we've even joked about things "in-game".   Your opinion here is clearly based by posts you have seen dealing with others (such as Lazs when he was here), with whom I have gotten into things at length.  Texas, I've never had any issues with you and would appreciate the same respect I give you.  Unless, that is, respect isn't all that big in Texas.

Thank you.

Just as background on this matter, My grandfather was police chief just outside of St. Louis, MO for many years. He was a lifer on the force.  He pulled his weapon many times, but used it only once. He aimed at a fleeing suspect who he saw running from a robbery call one night.  He ordered him to stop, he kept running.   My grandfather aimed for his legs, at the same time the guy tripped. He was hit in the lower abdomen and died on the way to the hospital.  I only ever heard him talk about it once, just prior to his own death.  He was still trying to come to grips with it. The guy did do the robbery, there was no denying it...there was property (jewelry) on him.   Nor was there denying the fact of his "other" life factors.  He really was what rich46 calls that "mystical" criminal.  Just a guy, down on his luck, with a family in a house that was being taken away from them.  A guy that had run out of options and did what he thought he had to for his family.  I'm not saying this particular criminal was correct in his judgment. He was not.  He payed for his bad judgment with his life.  My grandfather was cleared on the incident, (he was just a beat cop at the time) and went on to become detective and then chief.  He said that incident, by itself, taught him the value of clear judgment and mitigated response.  

There is no possession on this planet worth a human life.  You"good christian" folk should go back to reading those bibles, instead of thumping your hands about your chests like the monkeys you are.  Justifying murdering someone over a TV.... simply mind blowing.  There is only one thing that is worth killing another human being for..... defensively.  When your life (or your family/friends or innocent stranger's life) or his, is in the balance.  Shame on anyone who feels otherwise.  I'm incredibly relieved I don't know any of you personally.  Your lack of grounded, rational thought is disgusting.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
There is no possession on this planet worth a human life.  You"good christian" folk should go back to reading those bibles, instead of thumping your hands about your chests like the monkeys you are.  Justifying murdering someone over a TV.... simply mind blowing.  

Sweet. I need a new one. What's your address? I'll come take it peacefully.

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »
It doesn't matter if they want a freakin Q-Tip, if someone BREAKS INTO MY HOME, they will pay for it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:34:02 PM by DJ111 »
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2009, 02:40:05 PM »
If by "holier than thou" you mean correct and astute, thank you.

I'm sorry if you think this way about me.  You don't know me, and I don't know you.  But at no point have I made it a point to insult you, we've even joked about things "in-game".   Your opinion here is clearly based by posts you have seen dealing with others (such as Lazs when he was here), with whom I have gotten into things at length.  Texas, I've never had any issues with you and would appreciate the same respect I give you.  Unless, that is, respect isn't all that big in Texas.

You're right Moray, you've never spoken disrespectfully to me at all ~ and that opinion was formed entirely off of posts to other people.  I'm sorry.  Having a smart mouth is one of my big faults, and I always regret being rude afterward.

<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Skyeho

• Copper Member
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »
Get you some white chaulk and draw a outline of a body on the ground in front of the garage :aok

:rofl :rofl :rofl  Best idea yet!!!!!
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
If you don't want bad things to happen to you,don't break into other peoples homes.

It really is that simple.

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »
If you don't want bad things to happen to you,don't break into other peoples homes.

It really is that simple.

QFT
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »
Thought I heard someone around my car few nights ago. You boys are making me paranoid. :uhoh
   Watch out! I have a flash light. :rofl
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins