Author Topic: Losing more perks than you spent  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Losing more perks than you spent
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:01 AM »
Fly higher ENY planes and then you won't even have to look at your perks when you want to fly a Tempest.

If I recall, I flew the 190A-8 a lot when I wanted to build up perks.  It's not too hard to get 20-30 perks in a single sortie in that beast.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
I tried upping a 262 this morning for my second flight I think it was..still wasn't awake and crashed into the water before I saw any red guys. No more hair dryers for me
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »
I only use 262 when drunk, save my perks for F4U-1C and -4.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 11:25:26 AM »
While buzzing around in perk AC can be fun. I find it more enjoyable acquiring the perks....if you know what I mean. :devil
See Rule #4

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »
  Anyone use thier Bomber Perks? The AR 234 is a fun ride to go out and try to hit something with the Bombs and zoom away as fighters strain to get a passing shot. 262 is way too expensive and should be perked lower. Many have gone down with a few hits and ruined a pilots day. Get good in non-perked planes and use perks sparingly. :D
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:54 PM »
You are charged for the perks at the end of your sortie. If you roll a 262 and it costs 200 perks then die ten minutes later and it costs 300 you lose 300.

Anyone use thier Bomber Perks? The AR 234 is a fun ride to go out and try to hit something with the Bombs and zoom away as fighters strain to get a passing shot.

I don't get why people cry about not having anything to spend their bomber perks on. The 234 is a great plane to fly. If a CV needs killing then I roll a formation of them and take it out. If I feel like a laugh I roll a single and dive bomb GVs then take out their air cover with the 20mms.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »
If that's the case, Larry, then the perk system is porked.

You shouldn't lose more perks than you spend.

Imadot's explanation made alot of sense.  But, if in fact someone is buying their 262 at a bargain price and then ENY shoots up, if they get bonked for the new, higher perk price, then that's just not fair.

Glad to see that at least two folks decided to answer dirt's question instead of telling all of us how worthless perks are, and how cool it is to never fly perk planes.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 12:37:28 PM »
Yeah, I read that explaination in another thread quite a while ago.  I think that thread also suggested to add an update to the game to pop up a message box when you actually get around to upping that perk ride, to tell you exactly what the perk price is as you leave the hanger.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 12:37:36 PM »
I always find when i flew a Zeke / Temp id get these problems

Zeke : 1 bullet = Onfire  :noid

Tempest : 1 bullet = Radiator hit  :noid

And that is why I rarely fly either.

F4u1d: 20 cannon round hits = it limps back to base. Oil leak = you can go one sector, Fuel leak=it's over
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:39:18 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
Wow........

So many people trying to pad their post count on this one.....

What gives me the right to say that?

VERY FEW OF YOU are actually engaged in the discussion.  "I don't use them"  doesn't really give any sort of input on the topic, nor your opinion of it.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »
Wow........

So many people trying to pad their post count on this one.....

What gives me the right to say that?

VERY FEW OF YOU are actually engaged in the discussion.  "I don't use them"  doesn't really give any sort of input on the topic, nor your opinion of it.

Since you seem to need clarification.   If you need to spend your time worrying about perk points, your priorities are wrong in my opinion.  And a complaint about the perk system to me is nothing more then a whine to HTC wanting them to make it easier

To me, one of the dumbest phrases yet to come out of this game is 'perk farming'.  That anyone takes the time to think about earning perks, to me, says they are missing the point of the game.

When I see an ENY comment, all I see is someone wanting their uber bird to fly among the horde.  Throw that in with the ongoing wishlist stuff for more this and more that, and it speaks to folks who have no idea how much there is to do or to use in the game.

I was watching some of the kids I work with, play Halo the other day.  It's a game I;ve played with my own kids.  These kids I was watching, spent all their time looking for the shortest way around combat, talked about the cheats they'd learned to avoid combat or to make them more invincible.  They didn't want to actually just use what they had and fight the fight.

I see that more and more in AH and I just don't get it.  So you don't like the perk system?  Get over it.  No one dies, there are all kinds of free planes.  Get in there and mix it up.

That clear enough for ya?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 01:01:35 PM »
If that's the case, Larry, then the perk system is porked.

You shouldn't lose more perks than you spend.

Imadot's explanation made alot of sense.  But, if in fact someone is buying their 262 at a bargain price and then ENY shoots up, if they get bonked for the new, higher perk price, then that's just not fair.

Glad to see that at least two folks decided to answer dirt's question instead of telling all of us how worthless perks are, and how cool it is to never fly perk planes.

Well toonces he didn't take the time to search the boards... what makes you think he will read the posts to his....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »
Get rid of the "perks" and while at it get rid of the ""blah, blah, scored xxx victory's"...certainly might improve the game..imho  :furious
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline FlyinFin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 01:21:22 PM »
I burn my perks like a crack addict purchases product, that aside, I am awfully ticked off by eny balances changing through the course of a few flights and then when I eventually am vanquished (which always happens), losing tons more perks than what I blew on the plane in the first place.  This is by the way an official whine.  Bought a Tempy for 33, lost 41.  The other day bough one for 44, lost 69.95, how do you lose .05 perks.   :mad: <--- inserted crappy "emoticon"

You must of had  a few kills?

The way I had it explained to me... you lose your perks and the points you may have got....or something to do with your opponents plane cost/loss.

I could be wrong?

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
Ah but then we would also remove all the perked aircraft.  As HiTech says, perks are a function of side balancing, same as eny.  Wait..... Did he say that?

Get rid of the "perks"
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.