Author Topic: Losing more perks than you spent  (Read 1263 times)

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
Re: Losing more perks than you spent
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 01:46:35 PM »
Took my M4 out and it cost me 5 perks and killeed 2 tiger 3 panzies and 1 M4  then someone got a lucky shot on me and when i checked i had lost 6.93 perks sounds alittle lame to me. ive been killed after totalling as many as 12 kills and still lost perks this is just plain wrong. Even if ya land youre tank after 5 or 6 kills the perks recieved are laughable. anymore i just dont even look at perk totals its just not worth the aggrivation.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 02:34:31 PM »
I'm not really sure why its such a big deal for some players to want to fly perk planes or why this has even become a debate in this thread.  If you buy the plane to fly, the price shouldn't go up in flight or down for that matter, that's bogus.  It's not valid to justify this by saying you shouldn't be in the plane in the first place.  The OP asked a pretty reasonable question.  I remember when I first started flying Aces High years ago I couldn't wait to save up for the 262.  It was a side goal to be able to fly that bird, and when I'd die in it, I'd have to save up for it again.  It was quite fun, but of course, just a phase until I learned the greater aspects of the game.  So shouldn't it be fair for those pilots that can't rack up thousands of perks at will in high eny planes to be able to get the perk price agreed upon before take off?  I don't see what the big deal is.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
ImADot's explanation is correct ... Larry's is wrong.

Also ... anyone who takes out a "perk" ride, be it a plane or GV ... kills a few opponents ... and lands and is expecting gobs of perks ... forget about it ... it ain't gonna happen.

I take Tigers and FireFlys out of the hanger to put up a strong defense ... never expecting but doodily-squat for perks if I land.

So what if it cost you 5,10, even 20 more perks than what was displayed in the hangar ... peanuts in the larger scheme of things ... replacing those perks should be a piece of cake.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:02 PM »
Wow........

So many people trying to pad their post count on this one.....

What gives me the right to say that?

VERY FEW OF YOU are actually engaged in the discussion.  "I don't use them"  doesn't really give any sort of input on the topic, nor your opinion of it.

Ouch!  :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:37 PM »
I'm not really sure why its such a big deal for some players to want to fly perk planes or why this has even become a debate in this thread.  If you buy the plane to fly, the price shouldn't go up in flight or down for that matter, that's bogus.

It doesn't go up or down during a sortie ... read ImADot's post and what exactly happens.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
If your on the high number side and upping a tiger..... consider it rental fee.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
It doesn't go up or down during a sortie ... read ImADot's post and what exactly happens.

Cool, there shouldn't really be a complaint then.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
Dot got it, but I'll copy/paste my last reply on this topic anyways :)

Currently, it is only the server that has the official real time perk modifier info.  The info you find in the hanger is computed on your front end based on your roster data when you entered the hanger.  If you logon and do not allow your roster to populate before entering the hanger, you'll see an inaccurate number.  Depending on the arena population, then length of time you linger in the hanger before launching may also give you an inaccurate number.

Why does it work that way?  Probably because the game was not designed with perk modifiers in mind since they were add-ons to the existing game.

HiTech has stated previously that he has looked into complaints and players do get charged for the perk cost at the time of spawning.  Any discrepancies should be due to the price in the hanger not being up to date with the actual price at the instant of spawning.

This is incorrect...
You are charged for the perks at the end of your sortie. If you roll a 262 and it costs 200 perks then die ten minutes later and it costs 300 you lose 300.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »
ImADot's explanation is correct ... Larry's is wrong.

Lol no, its not. Iv upped perk planes before when I barley had enough perks to fly it then when I lost it I had negative perks. If I'm wrong then how was I able to roll that perk ride if I didn't have enough perks?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 04:33:21 PM »
If I'm wrong then how was I able to roll that perk ride if I didn't have enough perks?
Because your slightly out of date front end info said you had enough.  When you spawn, your front end requests and logs the true current cost from the server.  The hanger price is only as up to date as the roster info that your front end has.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »
Because your slightly out of date front end info said you had enough.  When you spawn, your front end requests and logs the true current cost from the server.  The hanger price is only as up to date as the roster info that your front end has.

But shouldn't it say then "you don't have enough perks" instead of getting you into negative perks?  ;) (Not that i ever had negative perks myself, a negative "gain" from a sortie: yes. But never a negative total.)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »
Since I don't care about perks, I only hope in one of the next patches, HTC implements a pop-up when you try to spawn a perked ride, which shows you what you will actually be charged and allow you to cancel the spawn if you decide (or don't have enough perks) to up that ride.  Then this subject will forever be laid to rest.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »
But shouldn't it say then "you don't have enough perks" instead of getting you into negative perks?  ;) (Not that i ever had negative perks myself, a negative "gain" from a sortie: yes. But never a negative total.)

Oh yes, I can see the complaint and bug report threads now asking why they can't spawn when the hanger info says they do have enough perks  :)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »
Oh yes, I can see the complaint and bug report threads now asking why they can't spawn when the hanger info says they do have enough perks  :)

What? People complain about stupid crap?  That's silly....  This thread is a waste of time, the question has been answered, lets move on to a more productive topic.  What do you guys think about Head-on shooting?  Valid tactic or no?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2008, 04:48:41 PM »
What? People complain about stupid crap?  That's silly....  This thread is a waste of time, the question has been answered, lets move on to a more productive topic.  What do you guys think about Head-on shooting?  Valid tactic or no?

I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

head on is the only way to shoot your enemy. it's dishonerable to shoot someone in the back.   :D :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)