Author Topic: AvA Attitude  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Re: AvA Attitude
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 09:50:05 AM »
He's talking about the JG54 forum. We have that one so we can have our first amendment. There we, and anyone who wants to join us, can say what we want without having to worry about getting hit with a PNG stick.

Its funny how the tread was started talking about "attitude" of a few people that were not JG54 but the tread comes down to JG54.

To you luttrel, we are here to stay. We don't go running off crying cheat when someone kills us. When you and your merry men get tired of porking dars else were you know where to find us. :rolleyes:

I know that but what he interjected was a description of the forum not a comment about the attitude displayed in the forum compared to the attitude displayed in the AVA
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:41 AM »
The AVA is fun and exciting!! Give it a try!! and the forum is a place of constructive banter. come on down. We're here for ya!!

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »
Are yall going to continue the witch hunt or just cry on here about how bad AvA is?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Steel

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2008, 10:11:04 AM »
Larry,
   You have every right to practice your free speech and that's not an issue. On the same token I have every right to compare the attitude of that forum. Some of the comments in there are childish and down right disgusting. Most of my bad experiences in AvA revolve around you and JG54. Personally I feel such actions are ridiculous regardless of how someone plays (or doesn't) a game. I love historical match ups and it pains me to see bad attitudes ruin a great place for me to fly.

Steel

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
let he, who has committed no sin, cast the first stone!

At Jaeger's Face..........    :D

Sorry, couldn't contain myself - it was just too easy - siting right there in broad daylight.    :rofl
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »
At Jaeger's Face..........    :D

Sorry, couldn't contain myself - it was just too easy - siting right there in broad daylight.    :rofl

Easy killer!!! hehehe just more good natured fun. good one!!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2008, 10:27:20 AM »
Are yall going to continue the witch hunt or just cry on here about how bad AvA is?

That's all they do fungems. They spend hours on the forum crying about how bad it is, but if you take the time to look at the stats you'll see that alot of them haven't been in the arena for months.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »
exactly right

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2008, 10:39:12 AM »
Like I said before. It's unfortunate bad the only threads that make it past two pages are drama filled mud slinging ones. It's too bad there's not any constructive topics  :)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »
Larry,
   You have every right to practice your free speech and that's not an issue. On the same token I have every right to compare the attitude of that forum. Some of the comments in there are childish and down right disgusting. Most of my bad experiences in AvA revolve around you and JG54. Personally I feel such actions are ridiculous regardless of how someone plays (or doesn't) a game. I love historical match ups and it pains me to see bad attitudes ruin a great place for me to fly.

Steel

You have to understand JG54 is coming full circle.  In some ways you can <gasp> lay some of the blame on me for the way they express themselves (not just what they say, or how they say it, but also why they say it.)

You see, I've been in the AvA since its Tour 1 - long before JG54 was around.  At it's inception the players were heavily weighted towards ex-WBers who flew as squads/small elements.  Some like me came from AW3 as it was tanking with AW Millenium, and brought in a slightly different "culture" - the one of individuality.  I'd often get into it with those AvA squads (notice, not "skwadz") going up against them and having them turn into 3-4 v 1. AvA numbers have always been relatively small, and just as you see today with this "code" everyone keeps hypocritically referring to, it was hoping the arena would be a little more civilized than the MAs.

Fast forward to when JG54 came in... they'd be doing all kinds of newbie stuff like porking dar, milking bases, ganging and horde-ing even more so than the squads that preceded them.  JG54 was one of the first "skwadz" in the AvA.  You can imagine how'd I'd get all up in their faces about the way they were playing the AvA - and of course you'd see the usual, "we can play however we want to."  All this back and fourth led to some epic battles both aerial and verbal between them and myself (and others on both sides of the fence.) A lot og JG54 honed their skills on me - and there are some good sticks to be sure. As they improved and wee among the more consistent AvA players, they somehow felt the arena "belonged" to them.  I've always had a problem with this attitude coming from any skwad in any arena (points at some DA skwadz who've been getting recent lessons in smackdowns :aok )  My overall impact is minimized by being an individual instead of a squad.

Important aside: People wonder why I'm so "mouthy."  Some get it, some don't. For those of you don't, it's very simple. I either motivate you to get better (so you can shut me up) or faciliate taking the "lameness" to the extreme. In me vs Skawdz dynamics, this means even more ganging and picking than usual (so they think, "hah, we'll do the things he whines about even more - that'll show him!"  But.... eventually the circle either comes full or they burn out, simply being stuck on suck for way too long. I have no problem with wing and flight tactics, but too often people make claims of "teamwork" when it's anything but.  It's rare to see proper wing/flight tactics displayed in any arena - and only slightly moreso in the special events.

Fast forward to approx '05/06 (before i took my break) and you saw JG54 evolving with their gameplay (less milking, porking - but no so much less ganging. I guess from their entry until my exit they'd developed a defensive attitude - as you can still see today, but which in itself isn't so much different than any skwad's "circling the wagons" when confronted with some adversity or whatever.

Fast foward to fall '08 when I returned.  Ahhh, Jg54 is still around and I'm seeing them having evolved even further into the "the fights the thing" mindset (and ironically whining about the very same things they used to get upset about me whining about. :aok )  They're not quite there, yet, obviously and it's always made more difficult by the influx of new squad members who need to be "helped" along.

What I'm saying here is, while JG54 has their hearts in the more or less right place, they haven't quite matured enough to be a more positive force in the AvA for a variety of reasons from, personalities to pretensions.  This results in a lot of conflict with the casual AvAers, as always.  Nothing new here except the names involved.

I just wonder if the irony escapes JG54. Cod knows it was fairly easy enough to wind them up and revert them back into a luftberry when I came back a while ago.  :aok

Now to the main focus. No one can tell another how to fly (well, you can, but yanno?)  It's up to each and everyone of us as individuals to decide how we fly/fight.  Ideally we'd all be on the same page, altho maybe in different paragraphs.  Smaller arena numbers intensify *everything.*  Meh, I am who I am and it's not who you think I am.  :aok

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2008, 11:29:50 AM »
You speak as if JG-54 is a solid immovable object.  We have few, if any, of the same members you probably encountered.

We aren't all powerful or something to be afraid of.  We are just a group of guys, some more vocal than others, who enjoy flying cartoon planes together.  We aren't all perfect sticks, we aren't all smack magnets.  Heck..some of us are down right likable people.

I'll never understand the vehemence the name "JG-54" inspires in others...
P-47 pilot

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
You speak as if JG-54 is a solid immovable object.  We have few, if any, of the same members you probably encountered.

We aren't all powerful or something to be afraid of.  We are just a group of guys, some more vocal than others, who enjoy flying cartoon planes together.  We aren't all perfect sticks, we aren't all smack magnets.  Heck..some of us are down right likable people.

I'll never understand the vehemence the name "JG-54" inspires in others...

The core members are still there.  You're new and don't posess the sense of history between JG54 and the AvA. I don't dislike anyone in any arena. I will, however, call 'em like I see them in terms of gameplay, but then that's always subjective.  There have (and still, apparently) been times when certain skwadz felt they "owned" an arena (it's not unique to AH, either.) I always dispute and prosecute such claims. :aok

I can't speak insomuch for the period between my departure and return (only via drivebys of the forums), but it appears a lot of this animosity is spillover from the MW arenas, with pretty much the same cast of characters.

So instead of getting defensive, and trust me, you are, why not take an objective look at the WHOLE picture and put it in proper context?

Or in a Shane-ism, "I'm not perfect, but I'm closer to it than you are."   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2008, 11:56:05 AM »
Shane can come in and pwn me  :lol

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
So whats the morale of the story, what is A v A, not your idea of it but HT's, whats it supposed to be.

Plane sets right, purely historical plane sets against each other.

Then someone else put in the rest, no picking no grinnin must wear white socks on every other tuesday, blue pants on wednesdays.

Many nights Ive wanted to wander in and check it out to escape the MA but it just doesnt seem worth it.  

PS I'll follow HT's rules but if another player tries to impart his interpretation or his own made up rules forget it.    
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
Hungry, Go fly in the AvA. If one of the rules committee starts quoting you chapter and verse from the "unwritten" rules just post a screen shot here. That seems to do the trick.

The AvA is fun most of the time.

Ignore the admonishment to handle such things via PM or by contacting a CM unless they are being abusive or threatening. In that case you would just forward the screenshot to HTC.