Author Topic: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?  (Read 6095 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2008, 12:17:20 PM »
Zazen just had to say it, what you got against pigs?    :)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
The more important question is are they having fun?  That's how you grade the success of a squad as far as I'm concerned.

We are just cartoon pilots, sitting at our computers pretending after all :)

Well Said. That's mainly our squads' focus.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Cee64E

• Zinc Member
« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »
I`can only hope that the original post was done sarcastically.

If not, my first response was, who cares?

To be a hero of the cartoon real estate business in a cartoon air combat sim, amounts to a whole lotta nothing.

The more important question is are they having fun?  That's how you grade the success of a squad as far as I'm concerned.

We are just cartoon pilots, sitting at our computers pretending after all :)

Speaking for myself, I have a blast...
R2, did we just blow up a gas station?

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »
I say the squad I am in is a great squad...we dont have to be flying to have a good time, we can usually just sit in the tower and talk  :aok  THAT's what makes a squad.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2008, 12:43:29 PM »
hmmm flamming wtg 24
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2008, 01:03:04 PM »
Getback and DCCBOSS I have clearly caused offence last night with my somewhat alcohol induced incoherent drivel..... for which I apologise.   

Let me clarify my posts so that when you take offence today, you do so knowing it's caused with a sober messure of conviction.

Firstly nick names are just that....nick names.  Although I have witnessed behaviour from both squads that make those nick names apt....blunder and strokers.  Akin to tongue in cheek humour.  Which addresses part of this reply by Getback.

In addressing the final part to the above post   It's my understanding that Rolling Thunders is a multi winged squad....is that still correct?  Within 1 of these wings 2 guys in yaks were banned.  Your squaddies could provide you with their names as I have forgetten  and deleted the film.  Fester may still have his.

When it comes to Tools and Rules some folk are clearly using tools, in both senses of the word I might add, in underhanded ways.  Spying with shade accounts, switching sides, Pm's, rerouting Cv's after switching sides and promptly logging off......etc!  The above in response to

The fact that certain squads don't condemn such antics justifies the analogies of farts and lipstick pigs.

In reference to your post last night and today I see no difference it still sounds incoherent.

As for a EX member or members of our squad doing something that got them banned from the game well I'm sure that we are not the only squad that has had bad people in them, we of course would have reported them to HTC ourselves if it any wrong doing was know to us at that time and we may have kicked them from the squad already (it would be nice to know who you are talking about), so the point your trying to make is what to imply or to simply to cast aspersions on our squad I see no other value in your statement.

In your last statement you say that "some folk" are using the tools in the wrong way again implying that we do, I and all of my squad mates do take offence to that.

In your last line I and most of the good people and squads in any country would happen to agree with you, that the practices of all you mentioned is not condemned by enough people in order to curtail it.
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
I think this should get down to the DA, for both aspects of the game. GV and fighters., we will send our best fighters and our best GVers and you send your best fighters and your best GVers, thats all that we need to do.

Off topic: Del, why would you call us toolsheaders? I think I see you everytime landing 10 picks in a 38J, thats not toolsheading?

LYNX, I've held my tounge for too long. Every time you see something about the Jokers, you have to post about us being accused of being spies and cheaters. You want to prove it, go ahead, by all rights be my guess, but your not going to find anything. I hope you get banned from this boards from your constant trolling. I want to say ALOT more, but I think I will keep that to myself.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2008, 01:19:42 PM »
I think this should get down to the DA, for both aspects of the game. GV and fighters., we will send our best fighters and our best GVers and you send your best fighters and your best GVers, thats all that we need to do.

Off topic: Del, why would you call us toolsheaders? I think I see you everytime landing 10 picks in a 38J, thats not toolsheading?

LYNX, I've held my tounge for too long. Every time you see something about the Jokers, you have to post about us being accused of being spies and cheaters. You want to prove it, go ahead, by all rights be my guess, but your not going to find anything. I hope you get banned from this boards from your constant trolling. I want to say ALOT more, but I think I will keep that to myself.

Well said :salute
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »

lolzzzz  Just because some need to pick to get 5 kills doesn't mean others have to. Del gets down n dirty tree level all the time. The 38 is a great turner.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
Here is an idea.

I challenge both squads to spend one tour NOT doing a single NOE attack.

Attack the base with the largest nme dar bar, and keep attacking it untill you capture it.  (or at the least one that has a dar bar with more than a couple of nme planes.  It has to be be defended)

At the end of January we can compare how many field captures they have vs. December.

Would be a decent judge of how good they are at taking bases.

ANY two week noob in a hoard can capture undefended fields.  A true test is taking one that is defended.

(with the numbers ya'll typically put up for a base take, this should actually be a pretty simple thing to do)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
Here is an idea.

Attack the base with the largest nme dar bar, and keep attacking it until you capture it.  (or at the least one that has a dar bar with more than a couple of nme planes.  It has to be be defended)

At the end of January we can compare how many field captures they have vs. December.

ANY two week noob in a hoard can capture undefended fields.  A true test is taking one that is defended.

(with the numbers ya'll typically put up for a base take, this should actually be a pretty simple thing to do)

My Pigs think I am crazy, but this is usually what I ask them to do.  Not because it is the biggest dar bar, instead it is because the most targets are congregated there (therefore the biggest threat). The satisfaction of whittling down a defended base to a capture is awesome.  Does not always work, but it is fun as heck.  As far as no NOE to do so...what does it matter as long as they are attacking a defended base? I would love to see this sort of competition more often with other squads involved.  Hey your squad might come out on top, so what's to lose?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2008, 01:53:04 PM »
Here is an idea.

Attack the base with the largest nme dar bar, and keep attacking it untill you capture it.  (or at the least one that has a dar bar with more than a couple of nme planes.  It has to be be defended)

Yea... snowballs chance in hell.
See Rule #4

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
Heres my take on you clowns:Massive squads that depend on numbers and crappy tactics to get anything done. I've seen you guys use 4 or 5 sets of lancs and troops to take a V base. Stupid, gamey sportsmanship. I fought 2 rolling blunder guys the other night and they hoed every single pass until they were out of ammo.No skill whatsoever.Both you're squads will resort to any chitty tactic needed to achieve your goals.That is why you'll never be respected in this game, except by the warm bodys you recruit to do your bidding.You throw up these massive noe missions because you don't have what it takes to fight a good fight. You know it..that's why you do NOES. Most if not all of you, will not fight unless you're in a pack. I've seen some in your squads bomb and bail just to avoid a fight. But yet you pat yourselves on the back about how good you are :rofl. I don't speak for my squad but if it was up to me,I'd call both squads to the DA and collect your scalps. But I doubt you'd go for you know what the outcome would be.Just know this:I get extreme enjoyment everytime I kill anyone from either one of these squads. It's not the person but the concept of what you stand for is what I dislike.
Lighten up Francis

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »
Im better then both.

:rofl :noid :O :lol
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2008, 02:23:46 PM »

Unfortunately, no conclusion was reached about these very elite bish squads. These squads have mastered all aspects of the game and have become a significant force to recon with.

i prefer to recon alone with just a jeep and pair of binoculars, but suit yourself  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:34:24 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.