Author Topic: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Who is Better? Rolling Thunder or Joker's Jokers?
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:36 AM »
Hey great idea.  Let us remove min alt for bar dar. 

*Waits for gnashing of teeth.*
See Rule #4

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »
Apparently Jokers Jokers and Rolling Thunder are doing their job, some of you guys have a unique misunderstanding of what we are and what we do and dislike us for that "I kinda like that" and also your perspectives of this game are limited in scope and juvenile. This game was designed to do what we do, the fact is that we use the tools provided to us by HTC to meet our goals within the rules and if you don't, that I'm sorry to say, is your problem. :D     

This quote says volumes about what is wrong with the game today. The most telling statement is "..if you don't, that I'm sorry to say, is your problem..". That is basically saying, "screw you...I've got mine and I don't care about anything else". I've seen much the same sentiment in other threads..."it's my $15, I will play the way I want". What has made AH and its predecessors so good (and long lasting) is that the players feel a sense of community, a desire to make the game better for everyone and not just for "me". I've seen numerous threads over the last few years asking what is wrong with the community these days.....here it. :(

What the over whelming majority of you fail to understand (and this is not an insult aimed at any single group of players) is the fact that this is a unique form of entertainment and not just another game. This "entertainment" is 20 years old (yes, there is a direct link between AH, through WB and into AW). The reason it has been so successful, with such a small player base, is game loyalty. That loyalty is based in the sense of community created by the game and its players. It has ebbed and flowed over the years (yes, I've been around long enough to have been there and done that :)). Frankly, this may be the worst I've seen in my nearly 20 years of doing this.

Here's a clue... This game is not just about "YOU" or what you want. Without your opponents, it becomes just another crummy piece of software (sri Dale & Stewart :)) and too many of you folks want to ignore the needs of the game to suit your own selfish desires to be "great". In point of fact, there is no "war"...it's just entertainment.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »
Jeez Zazen13, you must be able to come up with something better than this.  I have read your stuff.  I have a quote from you in my sig.  Please something better. :)

Awaiting,

Fred

Yes and in your 4 or 5 posts in this thread you have brought what to the table??
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2008, 10:17:07 AM »
"no conclusion was reached about these very mediocre bunch of gutless noobs"
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wow humble you have no clue about what you are saying and who you are talking about. I've seen my squadies up under heavily capped fields to defend. I've seen them go toe to toe with uber planes. I"ve seen Ghi do the same countless times. Last week I saw hoagie go in at about 5k into a huge furball with a c hog and come out with 6 kills. How I sure don't know. That's not being gutless. Now if you want to talk gutless, How about those that sit in a manned gun for hours just preaching away or those who come in at 30k and won't come down to play until they can use one of their mates as bait if then.

Bronk, the only one that got their panties in a bunch was Lynx. He couldn't put a complete thought together or a sentence for that matter. Me thinks he beena drinkin'. Buttttt Nice spin there.

Howsoever, I always say play the way you enjoy the game and allow others the same.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »
Better at what specifically... Its amazing how you all can have 7 page discussion on a stupid generalization..... :devil :devil

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »
Better at what specifically... Its amazing how you all can have 7 page discussion on a stupid generalization..... :devil :devil

<S>

:rofl :rofl :rofl True!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »
Joker's Jokers whines a lot.
Rolling Thunder hordes a lot.
End of story.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
Wow humble you have no clue about what you are saying and who you are talking about. I've seen my squadies up under heavily capped fields to defend. I've seen them go toe to toe with uber planes. I"ve seen Ghi do the same countless times. Last week I saw hoagie go in at about 5k into a huge furball with a c hog and come out with 6 kills. How I sure don't know. That's not being gutless. Now if you want to talk gutless, How about those that sit in a manned gun for hours just preaching away or those who come in at 30k and won't come down to play until they can use one of their mates as bait if then.

Bronk, the only one that got their panties in a bunch was Lynx. He couldn't put a complete thought together or a sentence for that matter. Me thinks he beena drinkin'. Buttttt Nice spin there.

Howsoever, I always say play the way you enjoy the game and allow others the same.

The conundrum lies in your last comment, the game I "enjoy" is based on some sense of honor, fair play and a reasonably even playing field. The "game" that the squads above (along with similar squads in other chess pieces) is based entirely on critical mass. So in the end the game simply has fallen to its lowest allowed common denominator.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: December 30, 2008, 10:38:49 AM »
Getback and DCCBOSS I have clearly caused offence last night with my somewhat alcohol induced incoherent drivel..... for which I apologise.   

Let me clarify my posts so that when you take offence today, you do so knowing it's caused with a sober messure of conviction.

Firstly nick names are just that....nick names.  Although I have witnessed behaviour from both squads that make those nick names apt....blunder and strokers.  Akin to tongue in cheek humour.  Which addresses part of this reply by Getback.

I have no idea what you're saying Lynx. However I will address the Rolling Blunder comment. Obviously we're effective at what we do or you would not have said such a thing. Therefore we don't blunder.

In addressing the final part to the above post 
I'm not sure who got banned for what.
It's my understanding that Rolling Thunders is a multi winged squad....is that still correct?  Within 1 of these wings 2 guys in yaks were banned.  Your squaddies could provide you with their names as I have forgetten  and deleted the film.  Fester may still have his.

When it comes to Tools and Rules some folk are clearly using tools, in both senses of the word I might add, in underhanded ways.  Spying with shade accounts, switching sides, Pm's, rerouting Cv's after switching sides and promptly logging off......etc!  The above in response to

This game was designed to do what we do, the fact is that we use the tools provided to us by HTC to meet our goals within the rules and if you don't, that I'm sorry to say, is your problem.

The fact that certain squads don't condemn such antics justifies the analogies of farts and lipstick pigs.

Offline jam934

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
 :rolleyes:Who gives a crap just have fun play the game. AH is the best where else can u hang out with a bunch of guys and blow watermelon up.<S>

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
It's useless...
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
WTG

jk... kinda
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
I think that post was appropriate.  It's why HT took all the big maps away from us the first time.  I'd hate to lose them again for the same reasons.  I guess history is doomed to repeat itself.  NDIsles, Uterus and Baltic here we come.

BTW, I flew a mission the other night for the first time in at least a year.  Somehow it just seemed like it might be fun.  I don't know who's squad it was but at least 25-30 planes NOE to a base defended by a single Jug and a single Sherman.  I scored the only air to air kill.  The base was ours within 2-3 minutes.  All I could think was what a waste of time and left for the other side of the map.

As a Bish I can tell you that any and every time I look at the map there's a Bish NOE mission headed somewhere.  It is the SOP for the Bish squads/missions.

What's the point?  To take a base?  Without a fight?  To me it seems like a waste of $15/mo. but that's just me.  Worse yet it's going to lose us the big maps again.

Nothing's changed.  It's back how it was.

History is a funny thing, it changes, and rarely goes back to the way it once was.  Now the  really funny thing is history seems to repeat itself.

In our squad I probably particape less than any other member in missions.  I'm really not much of a real estate guy, but I do like the people that run the squad, and the members.  I do get bored when we take bases with no opposition, but I do like defending them when we do take them.

Now one of the geniuses on the boards are going to say "go in at alt. and announce it, that's what my squad does".  Well, yes they do.  They come in at 15.000 feet and when they hit dar they announce they are ready for a fight.  This is when everyone is already down low fighting. 

Now the very people that seem to complain I have seen come into a v base with wave after wave of bombers to take a simple v base.  In a way they do the same thing but in a different manner.  I don't complain about it, I just up at another base and start all over again.

You are right again it may be a waste of your $15.00, but it's not your $15.00.  Maybe if someone starts paying my subscription I will play the game their way, but then again maybe not.  Coming in at alt. and picking all day long, to me, is a pretty lame way to play the game. 

Now y'all have me really confused.  Isn't back the way is was what y'all wanted?

Went and did it again, posted my opinion.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2008, 12:16:04 PM »
The conundrum lies in your last comment, the game I "enjoy" is based on some sense of honor, fair play and a reasonably even playing field. The "game" that the squads above (along with similar squads in other chess pieces) is based entirely on critical mass. So in the end the game simply has fallen to its lowest allowed common denominator.

The game you "enjoy".  Best one I have heard yet.  If you are not enjoying the game, all it takes is a simple phone call or email to change that.  Better yet, delete it from the computer.  If I was having such a terrible time as you seem to be having, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but that is me.

Your post shows how little you really know, at least about my squad.  I have never seen you fly with us, I have never seen you on our vox, so how can you make such claims.  It just shows how little you really know, but I'm not wanting to change that, I actually find it quite entertaining.  Sense of honor, fair play, and a reasonable even play field.  The first two you will have to explain to me how that works in a war simulated game.  The last one is already done when eny kicks in.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook