Author Topic: Bar dar  (Read 4842 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Bar dar
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:52 PM »
Your in denial donkey, when will you let it go.... save some face what little you have left.
Stick with your horde... you need it.
See Rule #4

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
Stick with your horde... you need it.

same song and dance......

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2008, 01:25:03 PM »
How many times have NOE's been busted by 1 guy? More than I can count. One guy with the guts to up in the face of 20 to 1 odds, pilots with the foresight to fly defensive air patrol at frontline bases. Most NOE captures can be accomplished with less than is used,I agree. But the fact is if any side doesnt take land,then they lose the war.
 I love NOE flying, the only time I autopilot is if i have to go afk, the whole of the flight is the pure love of weaving through valleys,missing the windmills and ribbing squaddies who crash. I kill far less during these,the thrill is in the journey and not the destination.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2008, 01:27:13 PM »
same song and dance......
Kinda like rolling bases noe ?
See Rule #4

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »
Read my sig on what the game is about.....
Combat ...not avoiding it by horde monkey noe. See anax repost of HT.

Take all the bases you like...just have actual combat over em.

Your signature is not the stated objective of the game as published on the offical AHII web site.  Also if you read your entire signature. 
"The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up."  It appears to me that you don’t understand your own signature.

stated another way: Conquering bases by no means is more or less justified then just going out and mixing it up (furballing). 

The idea was to promote combat, be it on land, sea or in the air.   However, it takes two sides to have combat.  So the next time the horde strikes at a base go defend at the base.  Then you will get your combat.  One side can not know if a base will be defended or not when they plan a strike.  If no one defends at a base, the base gets rolled, that's not the fault of the attacker if the other side does not defend.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:48 PM »
Up a fast plane and goon hunt...problem solved...at any monent there is 1 PERSON in the tower to up at that field and grab 2k alt and come in fast to kill the goon...NOE has been part of the game for awhile no point in getting rid of it now.
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2008, 02:26:22 PM »
  If no one defends at a base, the base gets rolled, that's not the fault of the attacker if the other side does not defend.

I see your hyperbole and up the anti with a well reasoned reply.

Killjoy: Element of surprise, while sounding great from an offensive mode, create big problems for actual game play.

Think of it this way, if the element of surprise is so overwellming that there is no way to defend against, then that is the path of least resistance, and hence will become the primary mode of attack. That is the state of affairs as it stood previously with big maps.

Now there are NOE raids that do not cause this, I.E. NOE raids to acheive  singular objectives, I.E. hitting cities, factories, possibly 1 open field deep in enemy territory. But if all objectives can be taken by NOE raids, IT creates non defensible game play.

2nd it easy to say, well people should just defend then. Think about what it really takes to defend against NOE raids, and do you really want to do that defense.

To defend successfully at NOE raids, you need more than 1 player.
2nd to defend against them you have to sit in the tower, waiting for the base to flash, and then up soon as it does.
Does that defense sound fun to you ? I.E. do you really want to just wait in tower for something that might or might not occur? Sure if you new a NOE mission was otw, but didn't know where it might be fun. But not where you don't even know if one is going to occur.

Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture.

HiTech

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:47:15 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2008, 06:13:20 PM »
I see your hyperbole and up the anti with a well reasoned reply.

You don't understand your own signature.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:08 PM »
Bronk, you keep posting that quote from HiTech, and it isn't saying what you think it is.  The last line says it all:

"Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture."

Essentially, yes, they are fun, but they are not the best or easiest way to accomplish base captures.  The system they implemented works well to balance out NOE and high-alt attacks.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 07:13:41 PM »
I am IN.  This was going nowhere from post #1.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008, 07:23:38 PM »
You don't understand your own signature.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat.

Hmmm thats a tough one.
Does it mean hide under dar with horde and steam roll undefended bases?

Please... enlighten me.
See Rule #4

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2008, 07:29:14 PM »

"Hence what we are talking about is simply balance. I see where NOE raids can be fun, but we have to have a system where they do not become the path of least resistance for base capture."

Go to that thread he is speaking of the test base capture system.. It was tested because of the noe crap. Shortly after that big maps went poooof. I fear that is OTW again.
See Rule #4

Offline NEARY

• Nickel Member
      • The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
Noe's should remain in gameplay....

if you take an undefended base u get a horde of people trying to take it back and a large gv battle or most likelya furball produces...
The 18th FG Killer Chihuahuas.since tour 97.        CO: KCTHUNDR(me)
 ( NEARY tours 96- 107) 2nd in command: Penguin. www.freewebs.com/18thfg   in game i.d.: KCTHUNDR

OBey Teh ChIHuaHUa!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!11!!!1

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »
Noe's should remain in gameplay....

if you take an undefended base u get a horde of people trying to take it back and a large gv battle or most likelya furball produces...
You missed the point my young friend. I do not wish to remove NOE.  I wish to remove horde noe  as the mainstay of base taking in the MA.
See Rule #4

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »
"Fair, there is nothing fair in a fight.  What you want in DA is an optimal start of an engagment, if you have practiced for that and anticipate the move, its easy."

Dads...if you like...I will give you 5k alt adv.  Same planes tho...you can pick.  And feel free to HO...well...try to.  Let me know when a good time would be(as long as it is before the 7th, I have an underway).  Best 3 out of 5.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++