Author Topic: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!  (Read 8458 times)

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: Stats! Stats! Stats! Another year of AH2!
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 04:12:35 PM »
great stats Lusche :)

your country graph is the main reason i rarely fight rooks. they are ALWAYS higher than me, no matter what alt i use. They often have more players in any given square 25miles too, so often end up getting picked, or start a good fight with one only to be jumped by someone else. Team work indeed, and that's why there KD is highest.... They fly like Americans in WWII.

Knits and Bish are a bit like Japanese. Lack many doctrines and suffer at the hands of a better enemy...

...anyway.... enough of that.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »
great stats Lusche :)

your country graph is the main reason i rarely fight rooks. they are ALWAYS higher than me, no matter what alt i use. They often have more players in any given square 25miles too, so often end up getting picked, or start a good fight with one only to be jumped by someone else. Team work indeed, and that's why there KD is highest.... They fly like Americans in WWII.

Knits and Bish are a bit like Japanese. Lack many doctrines and suffer at the hands of a better enemy...

...anyway.... enough of that.
i would describe you as Russians because we lose bases ether because of a surprise attack or you out number us
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »
HTC says the FM on the La hasn't changed, but it feels much more heavy, mushy. I think this is a subtle cause for folks leaving it for other planes.

ENY limitations almost never kick in, so I can't really blame that on the loss of the La7 pilots, but I did notice a while ago it is far far less frequent.

Spit16 pilots are everywhere, however. And spit8s, only a few mph slower and climb/turn the same or better.

(rather than all the "unperk the 14!" shouts, we should be hearing "Perk the 16/8!" hehehehe)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

My perception: Bish are impatient, have no clue how to at least hold thier own against enemy, and have no clue about how to get to the heart of an enemy's advance, a.k.a. porking vital strat. Rooks are birds of a feather. Very well organized, patient- hence the "orbital approach", and demonstrate quite solidly how to advance, resupply, pork, fight, etc... Knights I know little about.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
Knights I know little about.

Think "trying to herd cats".
See Rule #4

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 05:08:10 PM »
Think "trying to herd cats".

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

I can picture what that might look like  :rofl

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
Does the Drop in the N1k usage happen after the remodel?  :confused:
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 06:03:25 PM »
Does the Drop in the N1k usage happen after the remodel?  :confused:

Yes
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 07:01:30 PM »

If you were using these stats to figure out what you were doing right or wrong, what would you find?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 07:43:31 PM »
You'd find out that 38J pilots do it better :)

Good thing I'm a 38G pilot or I'd have driven the stats down.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:49 PM »
Sorry for flying tonight and driving up the P-38J stats.

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2009, 05:47:13 AM »
I blame the decrease of usage of the La-7 on the Bish.  I haven't seen the NOE La-7 raids as frequent.  Of course Knights in the last week have been outnumbered by 100 a couple of times and the eny did just make it over 5 just once.  Think the bish are using the Typhoons more.  Just what I've seen.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:26 AM »
  I believe the La-7 has been defanged and falls apart easily. The Bish did a good job in taking Bases last night a-13, a-17, a-15 with a combination of GV's, Bombers and fighters. We Rooks stopped them at the next base. A lot of Rook kills come defending bases where we will defend viciously against the incoming hordes that have to fly longer. Got 3 kills had my engine shot out and was still able to glide to a sucessful landing.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline WarTooth

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 11:56:31 AM »
rather than all the "unperk the 14!" shouts, we should be hearing "Perk the 16/8!" hehehehe

+1 vote

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »
Hi Lusche:

Thanks for putting in all the hard work!!!  :aok

There are several issues with the stats however.  One major one that needs to be considered is that combining kills+deaths is double counting.  I know we went over this issue a long time ago before but it bears repeating.  Have you removed the double counting from the equation?  If not we have the following major issues.

1) For each model you would be double counting kills/deaths for a given model vs. itself. 
2) The aggregate totals for your %'s would also be off by overcounting kills/deaths for all models.

Consider the following matrix:

A KillsB KillsC KillsTotal Deaths
A Deaths55515
B Deaths 42915
C Deaths 111315
Total Kills1082745

If we us the Kills+Deaths method if we are examining Plane C for instance we would get the following:
15 Kills + 27 Deaths = 42

The problem is this number is double counting the kills and deaths for Plane C vs Plane C so in this scenario we are over counting by 13.  The number should be 29, not 42 in this example.

Secondly if we are basing the % on the aggregate totals of all kills + all deaths then the total is off as well because we are including double counts for all models.  For instance back to our example if we just count all kills + deaths we get:
45 kills + 45 deaths = 90

Removing the double count in the total would mean subtracting (5+2+13=20).  So the total number that we should be using is 70 not 90.  The double counting in this case is inflating our total by almost 30%.

Tango, XO
412th FS Braunco Mustangs
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:40:01 PM by dtango »
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)