Author Topic: Microphone  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
Re: Microphone
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 11:15:09 AM »
I shall try that
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »
I tried with wve in off, still no work, cisco security agent told me this -

on UDP port 1900 from 192.168.1.4. The operation was denied.

1/11/2009 11:58:02 AM: The process 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE' (as user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE) attempted to accept a connection as a server on UDP port 1900 from 192.168.1.1. The operation was denied.

1/11/2009 12:22:46 PM: The process 'C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe' (as user hidden\hidden) attempted to start capturing media input from Logitech USB Headset\Mute|Microphone. The input was of type audio. The operation was denied and process terminated.
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:09 PM »
any idea on what may be causing this?
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »
Your Cisco (norton) firewall. Turn it off.

Er, lol, how do i turn off my onboard sound in my BIOS

During startup of your system, before the Windows XP loading screen, look for an option that reads, "Setup". It should have an associated key next to it, such as F1 or F2. Press that key continually until a setup screen appears. Now look around the options (please don't change anything, it could seriously hurt your computer) and try to find something for onboard audio/sound. There should only be two options for it. Enabled and Disabled. Select disabled then exit the BIOS saving your settings.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:08:04 AM by Denholm »
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »
ok ill try it thanks
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 03:57:10 PM »
By the way, would talking make any difference if i used a single USB headset with microphone, or do i need the pronged one?
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
I'm sorry, that question might be easier to understand if re-phrased. I assume you're asking if it would make any difference if you're using a regular microphone that plugs into one of the audio slots or if you're using a USB headset's microphone that plugs into a USB slot?

That depends. On my system, for example, it does make a difference. For some reason my sound-card's recording volume is simply too low to hear anything, it came that way naturally. However when I use a USB headset's microphone the volume is just perfect.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »
ummm ok that answers my question, i did the thing with going to the setup thing and i turned off integrated audio, Aces High now seems to be having a bit of a problem turning on
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »
it wont let me on AH, so i turned it back on
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
Try it again only this time have your headset plugged in before you start AH.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »
it was plugged it
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
Apparently onboard audio is all he has in that system except for the USB headset. Once again, did you try disabling the Norton Firewall?
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 08:26:30 AM »
Well it was Integrated audio, not onboard audio (but i guess thats the same thing), and i dont know what the norton firewall is
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 09:09:26 AM »
You mentioned you have some Cisco Security Suite or program on your computer. Typically that system uses Symantec's products, which in this case has, "Norton" written all over it. Look to see if you can find that Cisco Security Agent and disable any Anti-Virus machines or firewalls it might show you.

That should resolve the problem. After all, it's the security agent which reports the crash of Aceshigh.exe.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
Symantec AntiVirus? ok so where do i go to diasable anti-virus machines or firewalls
Josef Stalin

Mauser