Author Topic: Microphone  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Microphone
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 02:27:52 PM »
I just mentioned it.... Look at your Cisco Security Agent to see if it shows you any anti-virus or firewall machines running. If not, see if it mentions anything about a different company such as Symantec, Norton, Grisoft, etc...

Yes, you do have a Cisco Security Agent, at least that's what you told us...
I tried with wve in off, still no work, cisco security agent told me this -

on UDP port 1900 from 192.168.1.4. The operation was denied.

1/11/2009 11:58:02 AM: The process 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SVCHOST.EXE' (as user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE) attempted to accept a connection as a server on UDP port 1900 from 192.168.1.1. The operation was denied.

1/11/2009 12:22:46 PM: The process 'C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe' (as user hidden\hidden) attempted to start capturing media input from Logitech USB Headset\Mute|Microphone. The input was of type audio. The operation was denied and process terminated.

Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 03:34:19 PM »
Norton....OY!!!  It has a bad habit of NOT disabling when you disable it.  The only way to truly be sure it is disabled is to remove it from the computer.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
I dislike Symantec with a passion. If you can do it, (financially) switch to ESET NOD32. Their anti-virus will run circles around Norton any day. And if you're big on security, get their Smart Security package.

www.eset.com
FlameThink.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 04:29:03 PM »
But Skuzzy the only way to remove it from the computer is to reinstall the operating system.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 04:52:33 PM »
You are so close to the truth it hurts.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2009, 05:20:31 PM »
Try Norton removal tool. They have it on their site. If you cant reformat, that's the way to go. Make no mistake. Norton products are a virus in their own right. It causes more problems than 99% of the viruses it "protects" you against. Right now I just use windows defender and AVG. Seems to work pretty well without limiting my actions too much. On my gaming machine, i don't have anything actively running. I just keep windows up to date and occasionally do manual scans with AVG.

In my opinion no one should ever use any Norton products if they can avoid them. NRT is your friend if you cant reformat.

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2009, 06:55:08 PM »

That depends. On my system, for example, it does make a difference. For some reason my sound-card's recording volume is simply too low to hear anything, it came that way naturally. However when I use a USB headset's microphone the volume is just perfect.

Hmm, so your transmitting volume in AH (you speaking into your mic) was too low but the USB headset fixed that problem?  Interesting if I understood that correctly.

I have this unique problem with AH in that it's the only game/program on my computer that requires me to boost and crank my transmitting volume to the roof in order for it to barely work (other people can hear me).  I use a standard mic, been thinking about trying a different type if it would fix my mic problem.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »
Well, it's different for every person in relation to their system, sound-capture device(s), and the type of microphone. However in my case my sound-card is somehow faulty and even with the recording volume at its maximum with +20 dB boost enabled it's more silent than a whisper. Talking with SoundBlaster about the matter just resulted in a run-around. Just when you thought you were getting somewhere you were dropped to block 1: Figuring out what's wrong.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:03 PM »
Well im not ssure if norton cisco thing did this, it worked well for a while then would cause problems, and i didnt install the cisco thing during that time
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 05:40:54 PM »
As the game is updated security systems might think different things about it. I'm fairly certain if you disable the firewall and the AV machine while playing AH a lot of your problems are going to go away.
FlameThink.com

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »
aha, thanks ill try it
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 07:28:33 AM »
I disabled all Norton products in my computer, when i tried to talk, same results

1/18/2009 8:26:19 AM: The process 'C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe' (as user hidden\hidden) attempted to start capturing media input from Logitech USB Headset\Mute|Microphone. The input was of type audio. The operation was denied and process terminated.
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 10:17:24 AM »
I disabled all Norton products in my computer, when i tried to talk, same results

1/18/2009 8:26:19 AM: The process 'C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\aceshigh.exe' (as user hidden\hidden) attempted to start capturing media input from Logitech USB Headset\Mute|Microphone. The input was of type audio. The operation was denied and process terminated.

Is that a windows generated error? Maybe you have the windows security settings set high and its what is denying access.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 12:03:43 AM »
When was the last time you did a windows update? I noticed you only have service pack 2 and you probably have not done any updates in a while. Also, make sure whatever sound device you use has the latest drivers weather it is onboard or your logitech headset. The logitech headset latest drivers can be found on their website. Try a windows update 1st.

Another thing I noticed is these drivers are from 2004. usbaudio.sys drivers in DXDIAG. Maybe he also needs usb updated drivers?

I did a search on these drivers and there are a lot of reports of games crashing:

Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
            Description: Logitech USB Headset
  Default Sound Capture: Yes
  Default Voice Capture: Yes
            Driver Name: usbaudio.sys
         Driver Version: 5.01.2600.2180 (English)
      Driver Attributes: Final Retail
          Date and Size: 8/3/2004 23:07:56, 59264 bytes
              Cap Flags: 0x41
           Format Flags: 0x444

Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
  Default Sound Capture: No
  Default Voice Capture: No
            Driver Name: smwdm.sys
         Driver Version: 5.12.0001.5246 (English)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:56:43 AM by drdeathx »
See Rule #6

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 12:13:59 AM »
He's using a USB headset and microphone, it won't cause an IRQ conflict with his onboard sound card.

ack-ack

He never stated till afterwards he had a logitch usb headset.
See Rule #6