Author Topic: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena  (Read 7760 times)

Offline Raygun

• Zinc Member
Re: Perk the P-38J in the Mid-War Arena
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »
OP, would you like some cheese with your whine? You Will not deter our aspirations of world domination.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 12:05:45 PM by Raygun »

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Ingame name: Apollo

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
No one ever complains about the 38G.  I must be doing something wrong :(

You need to get your g model out of the hole you made in the ground first. I just figured out why the g model is only modeled in green....it spends so much time in the shrubbery the mistook it for a gv.  :devil  :rofl
 :salute corky i always enjoy our fights win or lose ya gamey 38 pile-it  :t
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
 :rofl funny stuff Ispy
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2009, 12:29:44 PM »
Like lazy says the guys that are getting all the 38 kills in MW have been flying it for years. In the hand s of an inexperianced 38 pilot it's an easy kill. If you don't like being bounced by the 38 guys then fly a pony and run, except try and get kills flying a pony isnt as easy as everyone thinks.. I rather like fighting the likes of akak and shuffler. I doubt that I will ever be able to be on the end of killing them more than they kill me but it's a ton of fun. I have now able to dupe Von Holtz most of the time but it took a ton of engagments agaiinst him to do so. I have come to know his fighting style and counter it most of the time 1vs1.

Being able to hold your E against a 38 is paramount . If I can't stay behind a 38 then I'm dead. If they are able to out climb me I'm dead. Non of these really good 38 guys miss their shot either so screw up once and your back in the tower. Perking the plane is not nessisary imo.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
Flying since tour 71.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
so starts the 2009 WHINE OF THE YEAR
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
Like lazy says the guys that are getting all the 38 kills in MW have been flying it for years. In the hand s of an inexperianced 38 pilot it's an easy kill. If you don't like being bounced by the 38 guys then fly a pony and run, except try and get kills flying a pony isnt as easy as everyone thinks.. I rather like fighting the likes of akak and shuffler. I doubt that I will ever be able to be on the end of killing them more than they kill me but it's a ton of fun. I have now able to dupe Von Holtz most of the time but it took a ton of engagments agaiinst him to do so. I have come to know his fighting style and counter it most of the time 1vs1.

Being able to hold your E against a 38 is paramount . If I can't stay behind a 38 then I'm dead. If they are able to out climb me I'm dead. Non of these really good 38 guys miss their shot either so screw up once and your back in the tower. Perking the plane is not nessisary imo.

my two biggest problems in the 38........gunnery, and knowing when to cut n run.....or extend for the reset.
i'm gettin better though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2009, 01:25:37 PM »
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2009, 01:35:12 PM »
Never!!!!!!   :aok

YEA  i know........but that's why i die a lot. i keep fightin when i shouldn't........ :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
Me too.  They keep giving me a new plane every time though, those suckers!
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2009, 01:58:36 PM »
I just find it strange that it's only those in SAPP that are able to make shots in a vertical zoom climb from d1.2 out and kill with just a single 20mm round.  Or why is it only that SAPP players are able to out turn planes that are well known to be better maneuvering planes like the Hurricane IIc, A6M5, Seafire, Spitfire 9, Spitfire 8 and the P-51B (which hands down in real life was far better than the P-38 ever was, which was recently shown on that Great Planes on the Military Channel).  Not to mention that any of the Luftwaffe aircraft were far superior with the exception of the Stuka and maybe the Bf 110C-4.  The others blow the P-38 out of the water but that's not the case here for certain players, which proves that SAPP players get specially 'tuned' P-38Js and the Luftwaffe fighters are extremely under modeled.  I just watched last week on my Wings of the Luftwaffe DVD how easily a Bf109 could out maneuver in both the vertical and horizontal against a P-38 and basically thought they were nothing more than flying targets.  But that's not how it is in here.  Need any more facts or proof?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHA!!!!!!!
Omg, Im sorry but this just soooo funny here. Ive got my fair share of kills on a P38. And Although I fly in a the LW, I fly the A6M, therefore makes the match up equal of the MW, ya? The plane is not uber. The pilots are.

Just give me a second to run through your complaint here. Your saying that guys that have flown for nearly 10 years almost exclusivly in the one plane, should LOSE to your fight?  :huh CONFUSED.COM! Then you say that paople you take the time to become proficiant in a plane should be penalised for it, and be perked? What happens when the become proficient in almost all of the planes? Heck, Ive got a squaddie (Snaphook aka Humble-Look him up, he'll teach ya a few things) who is deadly in a SBD! SO PERK IT? You then go on to say that HTC has a spy and a cheater in their midst, Pyro, who helps the SAPP, those guys I mentioned who have flown for nearly 10 Years, tweak their planes and gives them an amazing FM with apparantly 0G? Dude, you got problems

How about instead of whining on the boards and yelling cheater when you get owned by one of these 'GODS', you simply PM them a <SALUTE> And ask for advice. Clearly these gods should be willing to give out help, something about the 'AH TRAINER CORPS' tells me they might. Got no idea what gives me that idea. If I get owned by an uber player (I generally know who they are) I ask them how they did that. I generally get the reply 'meet me in the TA in 5 mins and I'll show you'. I met Snailman a few weeks ago whilst on a big buff run. He got one of my drones from about 800 out. I just groaned when I saw that name and almost bailed. I never got the chance ot ask him for advice, but I may well look him up sometime. His Buff hunting skills were amazing, I never once got my guns on him on the 6-8 passes on the 3 sets of buffs around me. ASKING people generally gets a good reply. Try it sometime  :aok
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2009, 02:07:47 PM »
I think what he's asking is to perk the pilots

because there unbalancing the arena
known as Arctic in the main

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
Holy crap guys, you ALL need to lighten the hell up!

The only guy who "got it" appears to be Anaxagoras.

This is a joke.  And, yes, it is funny.

The little gunsight thingy with the "shoot here" didn't give it away I guess.

Step away from the keyboard.  Take a breath.  Recognize this thread for the whine parody it is.
  :rock
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »
Hey toonces,

I'm a careful reader, that's all. :aok
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline ISpyWithMyLittleEye

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »
ISPY,

This whole notion is nonsense.  Do you have tangible proof that SAPP has any of these "special mods"?  Sure, we have a vast library of training films, guides, and resources.  And SAPP's Consortium of 12 meets regularly with certain people involved with the game to give their input.  But as far as I know the Blenders are the only upgrade we have.

Do I have to repost the gunsight that was created specially for them to use?  Why is it they are the only ones that are able to use a gunsight that tells them exactly where to lead and shoot?  Is that not concrete proof enough?  Or the deal with torpedos.  Last night in the Mid-War arena I overheard two SAPP players on the radio talking about bombing a town with torpedos, why can they do that and us normal players cannot?  Again, need anymore proof there is a bias going on here?

Sure, you can deny it all you want but I think I've layed out a pretty good argument full of proof and facts, which you have not produced yourself to counter any of mine.  This just goes to show that you guys have something to hide.

PERK THE P-38J!