Author Topic: Why does it never happen to me???  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: Why does it never happen to me???
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
Actually it is because your up against an opponent who is not interested in the fight... just the kill. Normally it is a person that has not learned how to use their aircraft and has no idea what it can actually do.

I think these nose to nose I am not shooting passes are fine in the DA but in the MA i don't expect to fight duels. Anyone who is surprised that they get hoed if they fight like that in the ma is at best naive :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 12:14:03 PM »
Still has the same meaning..... someone that does not know much about their plane of choice or maybe they know their lack of ability in said plane.

I was up on one side last night for a couple hours then switched because numbers changed. Someone I had been flying with earlier came to defend a base I was approaching and commenced to attempt 2 HOs and made hits with third HO. He was in a trainer too.... about as sad as you can get.

If you want to defend the Ho go ahead, it says alot about you to the Ah community.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »
Look up the words "Responsibility" and "Taking" then make a sentence including those words and "its" "time" "to" "start" "and" "acting" "like" "an" "adult" :pray

"Its" my "Responsibility" to not "Take" such posts seriously "and" assume that the "adult" behind the keyboard is able to "take" a joke.  If not, "its" "time"  for said "adult" to "start" developing a sense of humor instead of "acting" "like" a baby.

How is that?  :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »
"Its" my "Responsibility" to not "Take" such posts seriously "and" assume that the "adult" behind the keyboard is able to "take" a joke.  If not, "its" "time"  for said "adult" to "start" developing a sense of humor instead of "acting" "like" a baby.

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »

Sorry I have got sick of all the whingeing on here lately otherwise I wouldnt have made the post in the first place, its even worse in the game and is a self fullfilling prophecy anyway i.e. "Its not like it used to be".

The paradox is you end up moaning and complaining about all the moaning and complaining. None of the terrible injustices occur to me so I cant relate. The reason they dont happen is because Iam not an overgrown tetosterone fuelled adolescent living at the centre of my own universe and thinking I am a great pilot when i am clearly barely average.

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
Still has the same meaning..... someone that does not know much about their plane of choice or maybe they know their lack of ability in said plane.

If you want to defend the Ho go ahead, it says alot about you to the Ah community.

If someone isnt a good pilot or doesnt know their plane and you are/do you kill them, if you let them HO you 3 times you arn't as good as you think you are. Thats my experience of the game.

There are allot out there who cry when others dont fly how they want them too. Its the unpredictability of real people that makes the game appealing.
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 01:46:27 PM »
Sorry I have got sick of all the whingeing on here lately otherwise I wouldnt have made the post in the first place, its even worse in the game and is a self fullfilling prophecy anyway i.e. "Its not like it used to be".

The paradox is you end up moaning and complaining about all the moaning and complaining. None of the terrible injustices occur to me so I cant relate. The reason they dont happen is because Iam not an overgrown tetosterone fuelled adolescent living at the centre of my own universe and thinking I am a great pilot when i am clearly barely average.

$1 says that they happen but you don't notice or exaggerate about them because it does not bother you and you are having fun
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
$1 says that they happen but you don't notice or exaggerate about them because it does not bother you and you are having fun

Honestly now (and you can keep your dollar this is free), I am not NEO from the matrix but I can see why things happen and how they can be avoided. Like I said if you fight like in a duel in the DA in the MA you risk being hoed. I dont want to get HOED so I dont give people the chance.

Also when my squad fights another in the DA we fight first merge no HO'S after that anything goes and their are very few if any. As far as all the other stuff is concerned it logically evens out over time and in reality also so I dont take it personally and dont get upsett.

Furthermore I ve been on many surprise mass atacks with the knights and its all WTG, Bish or Rook do it and its a Horde of some sort of tard's or others. Its not surprising allot people go to war its a way to fill otherwise empty heads with noise :uhoh 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:02:04 PM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 02:07:11 PM »
Actually it is because your up against an opponent who is not interested in the fight... just the kill. Normally it is a person that has not learned how to use their aircraft and has no idea what it can actually do.

Sounds like the 4th D-Chicks that have been flying around 25k-30k in the MW arena and running from anything that can shoot a spitwad.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 02:44:05 PM »
lurking around 600ft just outside a bad guys base is my latest past time, sometimes it pays off and you get a good fight with someone, but othertimes you end up with the usual assortment of crates all fighting each other to feed of the scraps, makes me laugh sometimes when I'm all busted up, oil damge, flap missing etc and you get around 3-4 of them all probably bickering on local vox about who's kill it is as they are trying to finish me off :)
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 03:12:54 PM »
lurking around 600ft just outside a bad guys base is my latest past time, sometimes it pays off and you get a good fight with someone, but othertimes you end up with the usual assortment of crates all fighting each other to feed of the scraps, makes me laugh sometimes when I'm all busted up, oil damge, flap missing etc and you get around 3-4 of them all probably bickering on local vox about who's kill it is as they are trying to finish me off :)

WHAT works sometimes too, is to come in at about 5 or 6k, and fly slower.....like bomber speed slow........often someone will up, and grab like a bastage to get an easy buff kill...only to find some fun awaiting him.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »
lol AKAK those D-Chicks were really quiet last night weren't they.

It was not one of them. It was actually the guy that was flying with me earlier when I was on rooks side.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rising41

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »
Hi! I'm Riceball. A new player and I HO.

It's not because I prefer too. It's because often it's the only shot I get on the alt monkeys who think they have dogfighting skills in this game will allow.

In the MA. My job is to kill you. Not be your dance partner for ten mins. As I am most likely in my Zeek. I know you will HO me. So I do unto others before they can do unto me. I am defending or attacking a base. You need to be dead and gone.

I fly the zeek because I PREFER the twisting turning dogfight. I have killed, and been killed in many twisty turny fights. But if bnz is all the enemy is doing, then I'm taking the shots presented.

So lets put everyone on notice here. If your supierior ACM skills put you in a HO situation w/me. Pull the trigger. Because I am. If your hot on the tail of a teammate. I will drop in and attempt to kill you unless waved off by my teammate. You can call it picking. I call it your inability to reconize your situation.

I tried in my first weeks to play in the manner some here promote. I wound up HO'd and in the tower far more often than not. I realized the MA is not about 1 vs 1. But base taking and defending. The DA is a whole different story and I abide by the established rules. Written and unwritten.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »
Hi! I'm Riceball. A new player and I HO.

It's not because I prefer too. It's because often it's the only shot I get on the alt monkeys who think they have dogfighting skills in this game will allow.

In the MA. My job is to kill you. Not be your dance partner for ten mins. As I am most likely in my Zeek. I know you will HO me. So I do unto others before they can do unto me. I am defending or attacking a base. You need to be dead and gone.

I fly the zeek because I PREFER the twisting turning dogfight. I have killed, and been killed in many twisty turny fights. But if bnz is all the enemy is doing, then I'm taking the shots presented.

So lets put everyone on notice here. If your supierior ACM skills put you in a HO situation w/me. Pull the trigger. Because I am. If your hot on the tail of a teammate. I will drop in and attempt to kill you unless waved off by my teammate. You can call it picking. I call it your inability to reconize your situation.

I tried in my first weeks to play in the manner some here promote. I wound up HO'd and in the tower far more often than not. I realized the MA is not about 1 vs 1. But base taking and defending. The DA is a whole different story and I abide by the established rules. Written and unwritten.

No thanks....I'll take the chance of getting towered by a weaker players Ho while I try to get someone who can actually turn fight. In a "GAME" it's all about having fun and that is what makes it fun for me, the fight. If I run into a zeke that just Hos because he can't actually fly his cartoon plane then so be it. I'll still take the chance that it might be a good stick looking for a fight.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »
WHAT works sometimes too, is to come in at about 5 or 6k, and fly slower.....like bomber speed slow........often someone will up, and grab like a bastage to get an easy buff kill...only to find some fun awaiting him.  :devil

Dunce (old 479th squadron mate) and I used to up fully loaded P-38Ls (100% fuel, 2 DTs) and fly to the nearest enemy HQ, cruising at bomber speed.  Sure enough, just like you described, some would up looking for an easy buff kill (this was before buff formations) and instead got the shock of seeing 2 P-38Ls instead.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song