Author Topic: Getting Really Upset at Knights  (Read 3775 times)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Getting Really Upset at Knights
« on: January 08, 2009, 06:00:16 PM »
Between losing some players and the knights really going downhill. I may be taking an extended break myself. The saddest is losing constantly for about 3 months. Just aint fun for me, so Im gonna score potato the #1 in attack mode. Its where i find myself mostly.
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Getting Really Upset at Knights
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
There 2 other chess peices you can fly for you know. My squad have taken the route of rotating between all 3 countries - much more fun, and you get to meet waaaay more people.

Every country has its ups and downs, all are the same and all have good and bad in equal part.

Dont let it get to you,

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
You go girl!

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
 :noid The knight dictatorship will be censoring this thread once its seen. Nothing to see here, please move along. :noid
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:20:41 PM »
Between losing some players and the knights really going downhill. I may be taking an extended break myself. The saddest is losing constantly for about 3 months. Just aint fun for me, so Im gonna score potato the #1 in attack mode. Its where i find myself mostly.

Or..mayhap...you COULD try that aerial combat thingie
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 06:24:37 PM »
Floats I feel your pain.  A lot other do to.  Knights really do have great Furballers though.  They have to cause I never see them when we need help.  Goodluck on the attack #1 thingy.  For me just trying to get under 400 in fighter rank is my goal.  I don't do the cap a base and vulch thing.  I know a lot of people fly fighter mode this way.  Looks like we should throw in the towel and work on our goals.   Good luck Knights.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:36:17 PM »
I also know the frustration of being on the knights. And true in affect, they do have some good furballers but often they do so when others who want to take bases end up getting left in the cold. Not saying its just for the knights, even bish and rooks have those moments too. I just set goals for myself, at least I did when I was flying with the knights
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
"All we can do is furball"

Perpetual whine on every countrychannel ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »
4Deck = Floatsup? If so good luck with the #1 attack rank. Anyway,rooks aren't much better. I seen a base last week we was at for over a hour,(holding cap) :rolleyes: in other words just vulching, and the town was full up. Even the ack  :lol We could of took that base 4 or 5 times during that time but no one wanted it i guess. :rofl But that's what rooks do and thats why I'm there.I have no interest in land grabbing anymore.

My point being, I found out some time ago that I couldn't depend on my fellow countrymen to make the game fun for me. I had to figure out what I liked doing and do it. I got too fed up waiting on troops just to see them dropped on the field. Or depending on 1488475 to kill the last town building or shoot the spit strafing my M3. So, I threw my hands in the air and became a furballer. It's alot more fun and satisfying for me.

I left the bish because all they wanted to do is follow GHI everywhere and fly in huge packs. Getting help at a base being attacked was pretty much not happening because everyone was hangin' with the pied pieper. :salute

Lighten up Francis

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Floats I feel your pain.  A lot other do to.  Knights really do have great Furballers though.  They have to cause I never see them when we need help. 
:lol

What a horses bellybutton statement.  Because they aren't doing exactly what you want them to do they aren't helping?  Last I heard shooting down the enemy was a big help to one's country. 

Toolshedders need the furballers.  They can't shoot down anyone by themselves, which is why they travel in huge packs annihilating every hangar, strat and outhouse in the way.  Smash everything and the enemy can't fly, so we don't have to shoot them down, cause we can't.  Furballers don't need you, as long as there's someone to fight we're fine... we don't mind the easy kills when we find you though.

:aok

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »

major mistake man! youre going to go from hating losing the war to hating losing the top rank.....do do it my friend....step away from the light.

If you hadnt noticed the one thing the nits are really good at is furballing.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
This game is all about numbers, pure and simple.  Whatever side has the most will win 99% of the time.  Not hitting this strat or that base or noe'ing that doesn't matter.  The sides are almost evenly matched (sorry Bish, almost I said :aok ) so it just comes down to who swarms the other.  If the Knights had the most fliers you wouldn't be here crying, you'd be slapping each other on the backs and circlejerking each other about how good you guys are not understanding why... actually you would whine, just about ENY and not about how people fly.

;)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »

don't take this the wrong way , but exactly what is it that the knights are losing? or what is it that they can actually win? outside of some perk points ( everyone gets these no matter who resets a map/terrain. You just get more if your country is the Country resetting the map ).

Try and find other motivational parts of the game like working with a wingman, switching up plane  types you fly, work on ACM mistakes you find yourself having, or join FSO, or Extreme Racing League. or as you posted try for gaining a #1 rank slot for a month, or maybe for a string of months.  but the whole idea is to be having fun in whatever you are doing, not to win or lose.....

and with that said, I mean that toward any event, scenario, FSO, Extreme Racing League, KOTH, etc..... the whole idea is to have FUN & ENJOYMENT , rather than winning anything.  The winning part is always going to be a chance of fate 50/50 no matter how good you think you really are.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »
This game is all about numbers, pure and simple.  Whatever side has the most will win 99% of the time.  Not hitting this strat or that base or noe'ing that doesn't matter.  The sides are almost evenly matched (sorry Bish, almost I said :aok ) so it just comes down to who swarms the other.  If the Knights had the most fliers you wouldn't be here crying, you'd be slapping each other on the backs and circlejerking each other about how good you guys are not understanding why... actually you would whine, just about ENY and not about how people fly.

;)

Good point (even though you flamed me before).  Our numbers have been down compared to the other chess pieces.  Thinking one person can make a difference by porking  bases when outnumbered, I've come to realize its just slowing down the inevitable.
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
just remember.....

the grass is always greener on the other side.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)