Author Topic: Getting Really Upset at Knights  (Read 3777 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Getting Really Upset at Knights
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
 I "win" when I am being ganged and fighting the evil hoard :aok

JETSOM's General Stats for Late War Tour 107
Total Sorties: 243
Total Sortie Time: 23:05:29
Sortie Type         End Sortie Type
Fighter    243         Landed    62
Attack    0         Discos    9
Bomber    0         Bails    28
VehicleBoat    0         Ditches    1
FieldGunner    0         Captured    39
               320 Kills    150 Deaths

and people say the hurri is a "one trick pony" "Hoicane" and such, out of those 320 killz, 254 are in the Hurri2c, with only 96 deaths,    how many HOs do you think awarded me Killz? I would bet less than 1%
Vulches? Zero
picks? maybe 3%
outnumbered? 90% easy

it has taken me so many deaths to get these numbers, and years of fighting the hoard, Never since 03 have I Captured a base,or was concerned about the "war" so have I been losing all this time?

HECK NO I have been winning, having an absolute blast, enjoying a great combat sim,
don't stick to one chess piece, don't worry about the "war" its pointless, to an extent, its there to promote combat!!!
just do what YOU enjoy, that's how you win!!!

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
Floats I feel your pain.  A lot other do to.  Knights really do have great Furballers though.  They have to cause I never see them when we need help.  Goodluck on the attack #1 thingy.  For me just trying to get under 400 in fighter rank is my goal.  I don't do the cap a base and vulch thing.  I know a lot of people fly fighter mode this way.  Looks like we should throw in the towel and work on our goals.   Good luck Knights.
I also know the frustration of being on the knights. And true in affect, they do have some good furballers but often they do so when others who want to take bases end up getting left in the cold. Not saying its just for the knights, even bish and rooks have those moments too. I just set goals for myself, at least I did when I was flying with the knights

This attitude always baffles me. Where do you think the people the furballers are fighting would be if the furball wasn't happening? They'd be shooting down your buffs and goons.

Toolshedders need the furballers... Furballers don't need you, as long as there's someone to fight we're fine...

:aok

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 01:22:08 PM »
I agree but isn't it fun to win!

When I shoot someone down, I win. That's a lot different from happening to be in the country whose hoarde allowed them to reset the map. All a map reset means to me, regardless of who does it, is I find myself suddenly flying around deep in Indian country!

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 01:42:26 PM »
Between losing some players and the knights really going downhill. I may be taking an extended break myself. The saddest is losing constantly for about 3 months. Just aint fun for me, so Im gonna score potato the #1 in attack mode. Its where i find myself mostly.

<<<S>>>  Floats....

We knights are used to being the outnumbered underdogs--but here lately when we'd be outnumbered by 30 on one side and 50 or 70 on the other it was downright demoralizing.  Five guys upping to defend a base with four full red dar bars coming at you was definitely no fun.

Hopping sides to the already bloated sides would have just made it even worse.  

It really reminded me of AW not long before it went bankrupt...one side getting gangbanged so bad that no body flew that side anymore, and the remaining two sides toolshedded it for fun & profit while nobody was home.

When the Claim Jumpers went rook the first of the year, the rooks suddenly found themselves with almost 100 new guys who were ardent base-takers...then they decided to make their former countrymen their new project.

The last few nights the numbers have been a little better, so maybe there is hope...but I see a lot of knights throwing in the towel and leaving the game.

Hang in there Floats and see what happens.  :salute   

ROX

<EDIT:  typo>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:53:04 PM by ROX »

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »

<<<S>>>  Floats....

We knights are used to being the outnumbered underdogs--but here lately when we'd be outnumbered by 30 on one side and 50 or 70 on the other it was downright demoralizing.  Five guys upping to defend a base with four full red dar bars coming at you was definitely no fun.

Hopping sides to the already bloated side would have just made it worse.  

It really reminded me of AW not long before it went bankrupt...one side getting gangbanged so bad that no body flew that side anymore, and the remaining two sides toolshedded it for fun & profit while nobody was home.

When the Claim Jumpers went rook the first of the year, the rooks suddenly found themselves with almost 100 new guys who were ardent base-takers...they they decided to make their former countrymen their new project.

The last few nights the numbers have been a little better, so maybe there is hope...but I see a lot of knights throwing in the towel and leaving the game.

ROX

Hey Rox <S>
what night was it when there was like 100 extra players on either side and we had around 70 odd? I remember about 8 of us upping for a huge horde, think it was jokers and maybe rolling thunder, but I'm not sure, sure it was A53 that was the target of the bish horde if I'm not mistaken.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2009, 01:52:35 PM »
When the Claim Jumpers went rook the first of the year, the rooks suddenly found themselves with almost 100 new guys who were ardent base-takers...then they decided to make their former countrymen their new project.

Which, I suspect, is one of the reasons HiTech is opposed to mega-squads. A change like that upsets any balance that has been gained and will not easily be offset. I, for one, would like to see them enforce their rule against such squads.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
It will cycle as all things do in life.  Eventually the Knights will be the big kid on the block, and the Bishop will get their turn.  Knights rise up and combat the evil Rook & Bishop no matter the odds!   And Remember...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
Which, I suspect, is one of the reasons HiTech is opposed to mega-squads. A change like that upsets any balance that has been gained and will not easily be offset. I, for one, would like to see them enforce their rule against such squads.

I'm just wondering how?  I can't see any way to prevent several "squads" seeing themselves as part of a mega-squad and winging up informally.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
Hey Rox <S>
what night was it when there was like 100 extra players on either side and we had around 70 odd? I remember about 8 of us upping for a huge horde, think it was jokers and maybe rolling thunder, but I'm not sure, sure it was A53 that was the target of the bish horde if I'm not mistaken.

:salute Mr iTunes (say hey to Mrs. iTunes for us!)

Oh yeah...that night was a blast.  We're thinking of changing the squad motto to : "Cannon Fodder"

ROX

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2009, 02:13:30 PM »
I'm just wondering how?  I can't see any way to prevent several "squads" seeing themselves as part of a mega-squad and winging up informally.

Well, you've got me there. I suspect if it was easy, they would already be doing it! Right now it's pretty obvious but any attempt at enforcement of the rule would simply make them go underground.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »

This was my thought.  I dislike dealing with a horde of incoming red as much as the next guy.  I however do not think any restrictions should be placed on these squads because the countries they fly against are unable to work in a unified manner to combat them.  I am not saying to create a horde to fight the horde, I am saying pork their ords, their troops, hassle them on their flanks, fighter sweep them, launch a GV attack, flatten one of their bases in their line of attack, or a myriad of other activities that will make a hordes existence miserable.  It only takes a few groups of guys attacking on multiple fronts to have an impact on a hordes ability to wage war.  Not to mention that this generates a lot of fights and fun.  This situation is something that will eventually balance over time as I have said before.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:23:37 PM by waystin2 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
Hello Gavagai,

Very cool and informative graph Sir.  I am not amazed at the disparity between the Rooks and the Knights/Bishop.  I said before in a previous post that the Rook as a nation are much harder to fight than the Bishop.  It will be interesting to see how this information influences this and future discussions.

<Salute>

Strange, I find Rookies just as easy to shoot down as Bish and Knitwits.  Only thing I've noticed about the Rookie side is the large amount of limp wristed timid players that run from a fight at the drop of a pin and their love of the hord.

Maybe that's why there is such a disparity between the Rookies and the other two.  Bish and Knitwits seem more willing to furball while the Rookies are satisfied with running and hording.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2009, 02:25:11 PM »
Well Ack-Ack you said it more succinctly than I would have,  but more or less true.

<Salute>
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:29:26 PM by waystin2 »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2009, 02:28:17 PM »

ROX

<EDIT:  typo>

The irony of your statement is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »
The irony of your statement is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

ack-ack

I've never been in an operation that had four full darbars, so I guess I miss your irony.

ROX