Author Topic: Man kills pit bull who attacks his wife & dogs  (Read 2944 times)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Man kills pit bull who attacks his wife & dogs
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:29:08 AM »
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dog-pit-perry-2275294-bull-wife

This man ran to the neighbors house, borrowed a kitchen knife & killed the attacking dog. I don't think I would have thought to do that. I would have continued to wrestle with the thing, jam my fist down it's throat until it suffocated or asked an onlooker to bring me back a knife instead of leaving. I don't think I would have left & came back with a knife. 

So, would you stay or would you go, or do you carry a knife on family walks? :)
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Man kills pit bull who attacks his wife & dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »

This man ran to the neighbors house, borrowed a kitchen knife & killed the attacking dog. I don't think I would have thought to do that. I would have continued to wrestle with the thing, jam my fist down it's throat until it suffocated or asked an onlooker to bring me back a knife instead of leaving. I don't think I would have left & came back with a knife. 

I generally carry a knife, these two were gifts from the GF for christmas:

The first is just a display piece. The second I carry with me. However, as long as I was the only one being attacked and not Ash, I would probably never use it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:22:00 AM »
I'd just pull my carry and shoot a garbage dog like that. Then sue the begeesus out of the idiot that brought him to the neighborhood.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:13 AM »
Those dogs are just a menace.  I've known a few good ones in my days.  But as a whole, they're not worth the risks.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »
This is England.....the only weapon I'm allowed to carry are the steel toe caps on my size 12s. 

However, they are very effective and that dog would have had a serious headache.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:24 AM »
My little town has banned pittbulls in the city limits after one attacked a mail carrier. I've hated those things with a passion ever since my sisters killed my Red Bone coon hound puppy. Alot of young adults want these pittbulls because they think they're "cool". I personally would like to see a huntin' season on them. :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline PhantomBarron

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »
I always carry a knife with me. When my wife goes for a walk alone, she likes to carry a 6" standard screwdriver. Im sure that would be effective.
Seems every day there are dog attacks on the news. Can you immagine loosing a loved one to a damn dog.
Very scarry.
Game ID: Tyrant

Relax, What I’ve taken from you now will eventually be inherited by the Meek

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 07:21:04 AM »
This is England.....the only weapon I'm allowed to carry are the steel toe caps on my size 12s. 

However, they are very effective and that dog would have had a serious headache.
It's just a matter of time before you're relieved of those as well - for your own good...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 07:48:54 AM »
it's more the dog owner than the dog itself

some people should not be allowed to own a goldfish let alone a 4 legged lethal weapon

see the silly Dog Whisperer show for examples of stupid people with uncontrollable pets
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sharrk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »

I grew up in a household full of the so called rabid type Pig dogs, and have raised a couple of straight out Bull Terriers since adulthood, with no issues coming even close to these incidents(except for the feral pigs that is).

It is a shame that sheople are so easily fooled by the media into thinking just because it is a certain breed of dog it must be a natural born wanton killer.

Completely not true, as said, the Dog Whisperer basically just preaches a bit of common sense, of which is not so common. The dog is just a product of its owner.

The owner should be held accountable for anything that the dog does, just as if you had any other type of weapon and didn't handle or store it in a safe manner.

Either way I would have just kicked that mutt into next week, and found the owner for the next serving(no knife necessary).

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »
It has more to do with the type of person who is drawn to an animal that has such a reputation than the breed itself.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
I grew up in a household full of the so called rabid type Pig dogs, and have raised a couple of straight out Bull Terriers since adulthood, with no issues coming even close to these incidents(except for the feral pigs that is).

It is a shame that sheople are so easily fooled by the media into thinking just because it is a certain breed of dog it must be a natural born wanton killer.

Completely not true, as said, the Dog Whisperer basically just preaches a bit of common sense, of which is not so common. The dog is just a product of its owner.

The owner should be held accountable for anything that the dog does, just as if you had any other type of weapon and didn't handle or store it in a safe manner.

Either way I would have just kicked that mutt into next week, and found the owner for the next serving(no knife necessary).

I don't know. Alot of pitbulls are bred just for fighting and they're the ones that have this instinct in their blood. My sister has been a life long pitbull owner and she has always said the same as you, but in the same breath told me not to trust them and be careful around them.

I've always been a german shepherd owner having 2 females and 1 male. Always treated them the same as far as training and treatment goes. But the females i've had would eat you alive if you didn't live under the same roof as them. The male I have now I've never seen him so much as bark at a stranger. But he is extremely protective of my family and have a good feeling he'd come unglued if he thought harm was coming to any of us.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:44:26 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »
I have had two roomates with pit bulls over the years.  Both were great dogs.  One of my all time fav. dogs I owned was 1/2 timber wolf.

It is how you raise/train them not the breed.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 09:10:56 AM »

A kid in town, iirc he was 11, was recently attacked by a pitbull. Jokes on the dog, the kid trains at a local brazilian jiu jitsu gym. He choked it to death.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »
http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=5857

Here's the kid that choked out the pit, it happened in Cali but I think I heard it miss reported as houston also.