Author Topic: $%#$ , ^&^%&*% il2`s  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: $%#$ , ^&^%&*% il2`s
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »
You realize it's hard to argue that the wirbel should be perked but not the Il-2? :D

The 37mm package should be a diff AC and a very light perk. IMO
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 04:06:23 PM »
The 37mm package should be a diff AC and a very light perk. IMO
Perk Ord System.   :noid
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 04:11:36 PM »
If the 37mm Il-2 were given a small perk along with the wirbly all would be well. :aok

...at least then we'd have something to spend bomber perks on.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 04:24:28 PM »
Fair enough... here is the reason I ask.

(Image removed from quote.)

I'm afraid this argument isn't sufficient ;)

Wirbel has just the same % of kills as Ostwind had before...and Ostwind wasn't perked either, nor did anybody seriously ask it, IIRC
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »
Aye but we still have the osti and hows the % on the M-16?
See Rule #4

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
Lately Ive been noticing IL-2 sticks and friendly armor working together. The tanks focusing on the wirbels, the IL-2s hitting enemy tanks, and, spotting for their own tankers.

Enemy armor seems to have better wirbel protection of the tanks now that guys are adopting. The entire situation has forced people to work together to be effective. The only ones suffering are the campers. Anyone else notice far less, "#### lands 40 kills in his Tiger-ll"? People are only going to take so much spawn camping before they come back with an IL-2.

IL-2 courtesy , at least I try to, is avoid upping them for GV base vs GV base tankfights. Or TT tank fights. If its an airbase however? I'm upping an IL-2 for defense. Another thing I try and do more, now that I'm an IL-2 fanatic, is to run GV supplies out to the tankers more between flights.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 02:06:33 AM »
Well we dont want a lethal, historically accurate, tank killer interfering with the rights of AH campers. :lol So lets "dumb the IL-2 down".http://www.vectorsite.net/avil2.html

At the Battle of Kursk was first used PTABs (anti-tank bombs I mentioned above) as primary IL-2 anti-tank weapon. Single IL-2 can carry about 200 (two hundreds) bombs, when dropped from ~150-200 meters they covered about 15 х 200 square meters (1 bomb for 15 sq.m., average area of tank is ~20 sq.m.) and single hit was enough to disable or destroy any tank. Because of large masses of german tanks was crowded at limited spaces, PTABs was very effective, sometimes hitting several tanks with single drop. About 500.000 PTABs was dropped during the Battle of Kursk.

Once again, PTABs was primary IL-2's anti-tank weapon, not guns. Stop spreading myths please.

Speaking about NS-37, though it was able to penetrate armor of medium tanks, real effectiveness vs tanks was quite low. Guns was used agains soft targets mostly.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I don't think this shows the whole picture about the tiger! I would say most people who use tigers, use them very conservatively as the sherman is used very liberaly. If the tiger was used as often and without care as the sherman I believe the K/D for the tiger would be far worse than that of the sherman. You also left out the kill comparison tween tiger and sherman! Which is very close to being even, with the tiger costing 6 times as much  :aok  Also don't forget to take into account that the tiger is always the 1st consideration of ALL planes that are heavy and looking for GVs.