Author Topic: justice for Oscar grant  (Read 4668 times)

Offline E2hawkey

• Zinc Member
Re: justice for Oscar grant
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:06 AM »
Please show me Dick where I "selfishly turned this tragedy into a selfish, flaming, borderline troll"?  I take it reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

That was my post you're referring to and is not even close to what you described but thanks anyway for proving what a total and complete idiot you are. 

Have a nice day Dick.

ack-ack

wow! you fellas still hung up on each other? this issues changed wonder what will happen if i brought up the up and coming carbon taxes? or the money based micro chip that's already in mass production? Line up and roll them sleeves up the doctor will be right with you make sure  the contract is completed
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:59:20 AM by E2hawkey »
sandman

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »
what kinda man names himself Elfie

It's not the first time you have made a juvenile reference to my internet name. It's just another way that you try to put others down.

and were still waiting for information on all those incidents you've been alluding to Elf.

I gave two incidents that were discussed on this board besides this one. There have been others as well. If you wish to see more, I suggest using the search function that is available on this board. Or you can find plenty on the internet I'm sure.

I noticed you did not deny the professional courtesy that is extended from one LEO to another. That professional courtesy only puts officers above the law and no one should be above the law, ever.

Like it or not, as a public servant you and all your fellow LEO's are subject to public scrutiny. When one of you screws up or even appears to screw up, there WILL be public outcry, and rightfully so. Even though you like to talk down to us mere civilians, if it wasn't for us paying taxes you wouldn't have the job you have. The public servants in this country act as if they have no need to answer to the civilians and that is wrong. You work for us.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486108,00.html

OAKLAND, Calif. —  The transit officer who shot and killed an unarmed man may have mistakenly pulled his service pistol instead of a stun gun, according to documents filed by his lawyer Friday.

Attorney Michael Rains made the argument in urging a judge to grant bail for 27-year-old Johannes Mehserle. Alameda County Superior Court Judge Morris Jacobson later set bail at $3 million.

Mehserle has pleaded not guilty to one count of murder in the death of 22-year-old Oscar Grant, who was killed early New Year's Day. Cell phone videos of the incident, widely viewed on the Internet, showed the officer standing over Grant as he was lying facedown on a train platform and firing one shot into the man's back.

Grant died of the gunshot wound to his torso.

In a court filing Friday, Rains said witness accounts indicate that Mehserle meant to draw his Taser, but instead pulled his pistol. The lawyer blamed inexperience by the young officer, who passed his Taser user certification test on Dec. 3.

"The bulk of the discovery, including witness and officer statements, seem to indicate that this young officer, who carried a taser for only a few shifts prior to this event, may have mistakenly deployed his service pistol rather than his taser, thus negating any criminal intent," Rains wrote.

The court documents contain statements and reports from several officers who were on the platform with Mehserle at the time of the shooting.

The officers — who had just pulled several men, including Grant, from a Bay Area Rapid Transit train after reports of fighting — described the scene as chaotic and confusing.

According to a statement from Officer Tony Pirone, Mehserle told Grant to stop resisting and put his hands behind his back. Then, according to Pirone's statement, Mehserle said: "I'm going to taze him, I'm going to taze him. I can't get his arms. He won't give me his arms. His hands are going for his waistband."

Pirone said he didn't know if Grant was armed, but said Mehserle told him he had believed Grant may have had a weapon.

Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »
i forget what model they carry, but i had a friend that used to be a cherry hill cop......the handguns they carried, and no safetys according to him.

I think you missed what he meant.   The gun doesn't fire itself.   

Bottom line is this, the Cop should be prosecuted.   They drill this into you all through CJ classes on up (I only needed the Academy until my marriage happened, thent he wife wouldn't allow it).   "Don't pull your service weapon unless you intend to use it."   

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
The cop is gonna have to live with his mistake for the rest of his life and his career is probably over. If it was a mistake by him, that is punishment enough.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17:56 AM »
The cop is gonna have to live with his mistake for the rest of his life and his career is probably over. If it was a mistake by him, that is punishment enough.
We should just give him a hug and send him home to mamma.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
"IF" it was a mistake it is tragic at best. The possibility of that mistake happening could have easily been avoided by the victim.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »

Hope no one kills you by "accident" for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  We'd have to just say oh well, it was a mistake, mistakes happen, huh?

:rolleyes:
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »

If he "made a mistake"?   He needs to pay consequences for his action.   Prison.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2009, 11:57:52 AM »

If that was a civilian that made that mistake law enforcement and DA's wouldn't let it be punishment enough. That civilian would still have to go to trial and prison, this officer should not be exempted simply because he is an officer.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »
"IF" it was a mistake it is tragic at best. The possibility of that mistake happening could have easily been avoided by the victim.

Thats the whole point. The group wasn't giving the officers much co-operation and it got out of hand.

Then there are those that want to put ALL blame on the officer and forget that they are human as well and can make mistakes.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2009, 03:36:21 PM »
If that was a civilian that made that mistake law enforcement and DA's wouldn't let it be punishment enough. That civilian would still have to go to trial and prison, this officer should not be exempted simply because he is an officer.

Hello, he is going to trial. Did you even read the article?
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2009, 05:04:44 PM »
Thats the whole point. The group wasn't giving the officers much co-operation and it got out of hand.

Then there are those that want to put ALL blame on the officer and forget that they are human as well and can make mistakes.

I'm sorry but Manslaughter isn't something to be happy about.   I know MANY cops and this has been discussed and not one thinks "he should walk."   They all say "given the evidence so far, have fun in prison."   

This was something more than a "mistake", it also seems he chose the wrong career to begin with.   If you confuse the location of your stun gun, with a Glock on your duty belt, you have some issues to begin with.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
Hello, he is going to trial. Did you even read the article?
But you said earlier that if it was a "mistake" that they should just let him go.  Make up your mind.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »
I'm sorry but Manslaughter isn't something to be happy about.   I know MANY cops and this has been discussed and not one thinks "he should walk."   They all say "given the evidence so far, have fun in prison."   

This was something more than a "mistake", it also seems he chose the wrong career to begin with.   If you confuse the location of your stun gun, with a Glock on your duty belt, you have some issues to begin with.   

I don't think ANYONE is happy about all this. It just strikes me as odd how some in here put all the blame on the cop when the victim and his buddies had a part in it as well.

I have a brother who is a Fed and he says the court will decide his fate and that many people don't have a clue about how tough law enforcement is.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks