Author Topic: Why are they leaving?  (Read 9503 times)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
Re: Why are they leaving?
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2009, 11:38:18 AM »
To try and get back on topic, not to speak as to why others have left (only they know) but I can tell why I am seriously considering cancelling my account... Arena Cap.  I get on last night, see all my squaddies are in LW Orange which is 302/300.  Try for 5 minutes to get in, go have a smoke, try for 5 more minutes then alt F4 and go  do something else.  I know the arena cap subject has been covered a million times, but that doesnt mean I can't have an opinion on it.  What's the point of me paying my $15 to fly alone, or, then what's the point of having squadmates if you can't get to them?  Again, just my .02 as to why HTC is getting closer to losing my money.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
I see quite a few from your squad in MW alot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ODBAL

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
I see quite a few from your squad in MW alot.

Yea, Von plays only MW, a couple other play in there here and there.
ODBAL

39th FS "Cobra in the Clouds"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Armed & Lubricated)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
go to tour 106 LW smart guy and check yourself  expanded format show me where i flew a nik within the last 3 years.
U have brown eyes?
BTW next time you want to look me up genius try FlyinFin thats my in game name.

Another 1,

Fin

Nice troll u classless twit :)

ahhh sorry mistaken identity....wrong shade I guess. However, for the comment on Corky, you can keep the "classless twit" moniker.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2009, 12:41:48 PM »
ya mean Like this .... muahahahahaa
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

Ah, the good old days, and my first shades.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2009, 01:00:31 PM »
well.. luckily you guys still have a bunch of 13 year old kids buzzing around in unperked super planes, at least you have somethin going for ya. ;)

gameplay sucks, bottom line. :rolleyes:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2009, 01:27:43 PM »
Looks like AKAK may be telling the truth and the Fin is full of crap.....again.

AKAK vs Finn

Just another classless twit. Another prime example of "Why are they leaving?"

I was actually incorrect for that tour, used the wrong handle.  However, using the correct handle and looking back 13 tours, this is what I found.

AKAK vs. FlyinFin

I accounted for 71% of his total deaths to a P-38J that tour, only tour I could find within the last year that I encountered him.  On a side note, it also appears that whenever someone from the 479th flies near him, he likes to grab his ankles because he sure does seem to be a favorite kill of the Raiders.

Anyway, I'm done with him.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »
Each night there seems to be over 900 people on spread out over the arenas....not sure who is leaving...

If HiTech "ended the misery" of about 4 posters in this thread...this thread would be done as well... :devil

For you guys who can't figure out how to have fun in this game anymore...I am honestly sorry...it is a great game.  But as with everything in life (marriage, job, kids) you have to continuously adapt your expectations or be miserable...most of the original guys i flew with in AW left the game long ago...they were replaced with other guys...perhaps I am the dinosaur because i cant think of any other game i have played for more then 1 year without moving on...

But there is nothing HTC can do to make it fun for a handful of guys when 900+ are having a great time...when those numbers drop I'm sure they will be more concerned :salute  When I quit having fun i'll be gone too...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2009, 02:03:45 PM »
Each night there seems to be over 900 people on spread out over the arenas....not sure who is leaving...

If HiTech "ended the misery" of about 4 posters in this thread...this thread would be done as well... :devil

For you guys who can't figure out how to have fun in this game anymore...I am honestly sorry...it is a great game.  But as with everything in life (marriage, job, kids) you have to continuously adapt your expectations or be miserable...most of the original guys i flew with in AW left the game long ago...they were replaced with other guys...perhaps I am the dinosaur because i cant think of any other game i have played for more then 1 year without moving on...

But there is nothing HTC can do to make it fun for a handful of guys when 900+ are having a great time...when those numbers drop I'm sure they will be more concerned :salute  When I quit having fun i'll be gone too...

After numerouse encounters in game and on this BBS I absolutely couldn't care less for anything you have to say.

A fair share of people who are good for this game have left.  The game is worse off for it. 
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2009, 03:35:55 PM »
If and when I ever leave this game it will be because it has become too "gamey".  There are too many things that are too same-same.  Base lay outs are the same.  Win conditions are the same.  Towns are all the same size.  Each base has the same number of ord, barracks, fuel, etc. 

I will also hit the road if and when the ENY/OBJ scoring gets too out of hand.  I am still baffled each and every time I play and see some planes ranked as they are (190A-8, P47N, 109K4, etc).  The lack of explanation from HTC and the lack of variety get old.  Ive been here a year and wonder sometimes just how much longer I will be here.  But, I really enjoy flying the sim. 

If the game portion becomes old and stale... and it takes quite a bit of nothing for that to happen... I'll fade away.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Murdr by far, has the best grasp on what is going on.  No one will care what I have to say, since I'm consistently vocal about this subject, and have been deemed a "whiner" by many of you.  I've been teetering on the edge of pulling my subscription for about 6 to 8 months now, and many would no doubt be happy about that, although not the people I fly with.  

I've been around versions of this game since the original AW.  I've always had fun, flying and dying.  That is, up until the past year or so.  For those of you that say there hasn't been a change in the gameplay, I'm sorry you weren't here for the days when it really was different.

You didn't know the days when swirling dogfights started at 15K and people paired up and danced all the way down to the deck.  The fights ended, alot of times, when someone got heavily damaged, not killed, and leveled off.  You let him go and he saluted you, you both laughed about the fun you just had.  Kills weren't the end all, be all to the game.  Vulching used to be non-existent due to the heavily involved policing by the player base.  Unless a field was actively being captured, 5 or 6 vets would jump on and berate the one noob that buzzed over a field to vulch people, and countrymen would offer assistance to help "train" the person.  I can't be the only one that remembers this.  When "Knock it off, 190 at A14, out of fuel" over common channel ended the fight.  You try that these days, 10 guys will pile on you.  You used run into guys limping back to base, pouring smoke, and 15 or 20 enemies would just let him limp it home.  That attitude is long lost in this incarnation of AH.  It's all about the name in lights at the end of the flight.

Nowadays, I find one of these things happening.  
I up singly, and cruise around looking for a fight....sit over a field waiting.... and nothing. Single con over a field, nobody ups.  Snooze.  Fly back home.

I up again, closer to active fights.... and I'm dodging guys with 10K+ advantages dropping in threes and fives on me.  If I happen to actually get to the "front" and try to peel guys out for a fight on the fringe 1v1, as soon as I get into the 600 range, I have 6 "friendlies" zipping in with 150+ mph advantages, even when I'm calling them off.  By a miracle, should I find a good one on one, 95% end in one of two ways:    

I get in firing position....He drops the nose of his P51 (the new official flower of AH) and is gone.
I find someone who wants to fight.... have a good fight started, only his countrymen pick, even with him calling them off.
The other 5% end with one of us shooting the other down.  (Successful flight in my estimation)

I was actually surprised to the point of tears, flying the other night with a group of old vets that did follow that old code.  Asked if you needed help.  Pushed for a good one on one.  Called sixes.  If a friendly was within 800 to 1000 of a con, it was his.   It's been a long time since I saw that.  It gives this game a slim chance at hope.

More than likely I will be one of the old guard gone, thoughl.  The reason is illustrated by my foray yesterday.  Up at a base with 3 cons in radar with three just outside.  Get to about 8K in a Ki84, to have a P51, Typhoon, and Spit16 all come in at around 19K.  All dive on me at once.  I last about three turns, the 51 ends up face shooting me.

I up again, by now all cons are over the base.  I get vulched.  Twice.  By a guy with 155 victories in 24 sorties (geez wonder how he gets em).  Six guys hanging over a field, not trying to take it, just padding scores.  When I say something over 200, said pilot gets indignant, saying "You shouldn't up from a capped field jack---". I agree.  I log off.  There is no fun in that game, for either participant in my estimation.    
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »
Very nicely said.
-AoM-

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »
agree nicely said..

I for one consider it a "kill" when damage that will force the guy home is done..  If im fighting a con far from his nearest base (3 or 4 sectors) and give him a oil leak.. for all intensive purposes i WOULD.. be done with him, because to be realistic all he can do is try to get as close to home as possible and ditch..    but considering this is Aces High and death nor the attempt at playing at least a little realistic means nothing to the vast majority, Im forced to shoot him till he explodes..  because if I dont, and break off when I cause the oil leak, more often than not he will turn and try to HO and or RAM the first guy he can..  which is pathetic, gamy and stupid.. but.. well I digress.

and yes, i try to land every sortie I go on,ask any squaddie..

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »
After numerouse encounters in game and on this BBS I absolutely couldn't care less for anything you have to say.

A fair share of people who are good for this game have left.  The game is worse off for it. 

Well I have been insulted by a pothead....awesome :aok

I have no idea who you are but you take yourself way to seriously.....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
Where's Skuzzy when ya need him?  The big stick needs swinging on a few people here
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||