Author Topic: 3 countries  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: 3 countries
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
I love ENY.  Makes me fly planes I wouldn't ordinarily.

Same, it's usually the only time I fly the P-38G  :D

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:22 AM »
Why do we have 3 countries? I hate the idea of 3 countries because its always the knights that have the least amount of players, which gives the other two countries ENY. So can we just get rid of the knights?

Now before you start saying "dude if you don't like it switch countries", well first of all, you get flamed for it and called a "SPY" :noid And second of all, both bish and rooks have ENY, and the nits side... just sucks.

And to all you Knights out there that don't like this idea and are offended, it doesn't have to be the knights to be gone. It could just as well be the rooks, or the bishops. And why not rename both countries to create that "new" smell.

Okay, after thinking this over, there would still probably still be ENY troubles, so IDFK what to do, but something new needs to come!!!

which gives the other two countries ENY

You have me completely confused.

Are you saying, it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers because the other countries can not fly the better planes?

Or are you saying it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers, because perk planes cost the Knights less?

Or are you saying it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers, because the Knights earn more perk points?

Pardon me if I am missing something, but for the life of me I can not see anything is detrimental about the perk system to the country with the lowest numbers.

HiTech

« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 04:56:35 PM by hitech »

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 06:41:44 PM »

Are you saying, it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers because the other countries can not fly the better planes?

Or are you saying it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers, because perk planes cost the Knights less?

Or are you saying it is bad for the Knights when they have lower numbers, because the Knights earn more perk points?

Pardon me if I am missing something, but for the life of me I can not see anything is detrimental about the perk system to the country with the lowest numbers.

HiTech

No. He is saying that with so few Knits....they should be discontinued.  :D

His problem is that he fails to understand the differences of 2 country, 3 country and 4 country system.

NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »
No matter who "wins the war" in the MA, we'll all be speaking the same language tomorrow we were yesterday.

Within those parameters, the MA game is often more fun on defense than offense. As long as things are not too lopsided, it gives you a target-rich environment. Nothing more boring than rolling bases with overwhelming numerical superiority.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:19 PM »
No matter who "wins the war" in the MA, we'll all be speaking the same language tomorrow we were yesterday.

Within those parameters, the MA game is often more fun on defense than offense. As long as things are not too lopsided, it gives you a target-rich environment. Nothing more boring than rolling bases with overwhelming numerical superiority.

There must be an awful lot of bored people in this game.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
My question is that if one country is in the bucket and being outnumbered with 3 countries, what do you propose we do when it's only two countries and one of them is vastly outnumbered?
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »
My question is that if one country is in the bucket and being outnumbered with 3 countries, what do you propose we do when it's only two countries and one of them is vastly outnumbered?

The AvA was a two country setup.

We all know how THAT ended up working out...
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

HiTech

I think what he is getting at is: because one side is <most of the time> getting ganged by a 15+ advantage by one country, and a 45+ advantage of by the other, why not just eliminate one of the countries and force people to just fly one side or the other...not three.  I think his main focus is the major side imbalances as the originating core of the problem...not so much the resulting consequential perk/ENY issue.  He might come back and clarify, but...

While you are in here Mr. HiTech, and also right on topic...for those of us who like flying knights...only because we like flying together and there actually are those who have loyalty to other players they have flown with for many years...please reconsider the side-evening idea that was brought up in the past. 

Mr. HiTech:  Please write it into the game where one side cannot get a 40 or 50 or even 100 player advantage over the other two.  Once any side gains a clear 40 or 50 player advantage in an arena, players wishing to enter that arena would have to pick one of the other sides as they enter.  As it is now, if you want to fly for the knights our of loyalty---you pretty much get slaughtered on any given evening CST in LW.

While you may not clearly understand what the original poster is asking for--he does bring up a valid point about the side imbalances over the last year, that have even been more grossly imbalanced here in the recent weeks.

This screenshot was from 01/13/09 at 8:00 PM CST:

Take a good look at that picture...the rooks had an ENY at the time of 6.2.

It's definitely not any fun getting on in any LW arena--only to find out that it's "Alamo Night".....again...and your Davy Crockett....again.

When the game isn't fun anymore--people tend to go elsewhere.

ROX

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »
Didn't we win at the Alamo?   Oh wait.  nevermind.

The knights are usually at a numbers disadvantage during U.S. prime time. At least when I play. If you're into flying perk rides, knights are the side to be on.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »

I think what he is getting at is: because one side is <most of the time> getting ganged by a 15+ advantage by one country, and a 45+ advantage of by the other, why not just eliminate one of the countries and force people to just fly one side or the other...not three.  I think his main focus is the major side imbalances as the originating core of the problem...not so much the resulting consequential perk/ENY issue.  He might come back and clarify, but...

The problem with having a 2 sided setup is there will ALWAYS be an imbalance. What happens if the wish is granted and the 15+ of one side joins the 45+ against the Knights... your stuck in the same boat, but there is no chance for a reprieve because you have combined the other two teams so they will NEVER fight against each other, only you.

While you are in here Mr. HiTech, and also right on topic...for those of us who like flying knights...only because we like flying together and there actually are those who have loyalty to other players they have flown with for many years...please reconsider the side-evening idea that was brought up in the past. 

Mr. HiTech:  Please write it into the game where one side cannot get a 40 or 50 or even 100 player advantage over the other two.  Once any side gains a clear 40 or 50 player advantage in an arena, players wishing to enter that arena would have to pick one of the other sides as they enter.  As it is now, if you want to fly for the knights our of loyalty---you pretty much get slaughtered on any given evening CST in LW.

While you may not clearly understand what the original poster is asking for--he does bring up a valid point about the side imbalances over the last year, that have even been more grossly imbalanced here in the recent weeks.

This screenshot was from 01/13/09 at 8:00 PM CST:

(Image removed from quote.)

Take a good look at that picture...the rooks had an ENY at the time of 6.2.

It's definitely not any fun getting on in any LW arena--only to find out that it's "Alamo Night".....again...and your Davy Crockett....again.

When the game isn't fun anymore--people tend to go elsewhere.

ROX

The side evening you suggest will back fire in much the same way. Your pretty strongly set to fight for the Knights. What happens when as it always does, things come around again and its the bishops that are out numbered by 50. You will willingly join a different team? Maybe, but I doubt it, as well as a bunch of others who are VERY country loyal. Then the crys of "I can't fly where I want to!" will be heard around the world.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 09:11:03 PM »
Just reposted these a couple of days ago...

Just so everone knows,

Pyro and I have created a game with 4 countries.
Pyro and I have created a game with 2 countries
Pyro and I have created a game with 3 countries.

We think  3 works the best for unstrucksured game play.

HiTech

TT We are going to remain 3 sides in the main arena.
What 3 sides does for arena play.

1. It balances out 1 side having more players than the other.

2. It Spreds the fights out accross the arena. If you only have 2 sides you would see a lot more of everyone fighting in 1 spot.

3. It provides everone with more enemys to fight. If all 3 sides are = numbers you always have 2 enemys to fight for your sides 1.

4. It creates a more dynamic enviorment because who each country is attacking changes . As opposed to 2 sides where you are always attacking the same side.

5. Countryies devlope a personality over time. With 3 countries we end up with a more diverse flavor.

HiTech

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2009, 09:28:14 PM »
The AvA was a two country setup.

We all know how THAT ended up working out...

Two counties isn't the problem in the AVA. The problem is people like you cant fly their 1945 planes every week so they go to the LWMAs.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »

Two counties isn't the problem in the AVA. The problem is people like you cant fly their 1945 planes every week so they go to the LWMAs.

:rofl

Yeah... Lord knows I can't fight unless i'm in a late model plane. 

It is not like in a typical tour I fly 20+ diff rides or anything.

:lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:28:08 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 11:55:40 AM »
The problem with having a 2 sided setup is there will ALWAYS be an imbalance. What happens if the wish is granted and the 15+ of one side joins the 45+ against the Knights... your stuck in the same boat, but there is no chance for a reprieve because you have combined the other two teams so they will NEVER fight against each other, only you.

The side evening you suggest will back fire in much the same way. Your pretty strongly set to fight for the Knights. What happens when as it always does, things come around again and its the bishops that are out numbered by 50. You will willingly join a different team? Maybe, but I doubt it, as well as a bunch of others who are VERY country loyal. Then the crys of "I can't fly where I want to!" will be heard around the world.

Let's see....forcing a resonalbly fair (50 is even far too many, but at least an example) 50 man advantage...where one country cannot get a massive numbers imbalance will backfire HOW?  If someone cannot fly on a side that already has a 50 man advantage---then just how many more to they friggin need?  "I can't fly where I want because THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS" is more appropriate.   Again..how many more do you need?  If you are saying you need 25 or even 50 or even 94 more player advantage to be happy---what does that say about you and your country?

Ideally, each side should be reasonably even.  In that case, if a side gains or loses bases, wins or loses air or ground fights, you can chalk it up to a better or more skilled side.  As it is now, with one enemy with a 25 or 30 man advantage, and the other with 80 or 90....it's slaughter by numbers.  What get's accomplished in that? 

I will GLADLY fly on a different country if it means not being constantly gang-banged by countries with a 50 or 100 man advantage....and who wouldn't?  That's a heck of a lot better than how it is now.  If flying somewhere where there's not a 25 man advantage on the one side and a 94 man advantage on the other side and it's the Alamo every night....count me in.  With the massive numbers imbalances as it is now, it's a flippin joke...and got old a long time ago.

More importaintly, I don't see an answer from HiTech (who I asked my question/proposed a soloution to in the first place).  I guess no answer means as long as you are a bish or rook the gross side imbalances are just fine...if you are a knight....go look for a different place to spend your $15 a month.

ROX
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:24:46 PM by ROX »

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »

More importaintly, I don't see an answer from HiTech (who I asked my question/proposed a soloution to in the first place).  I guess no answer means as long as you are a bish or rook the gross side imbalances are just fine...if you are a knight....go look for a different place to spend your $15 a month.

Oh I sooooo hope HiTech does respond to this gibberish.