Author Topic: Guns emptying on their own  (Read 451 times)

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
Guns emptying on their own
« on: January 16, 2009, 07:06:24 AM »
My guns start firing on their own. It's not a trigger button being stuck. Also another weird tidbit I told Murdr about: My views setup will not allow me to map my keypad 2 in a combo to save a head position. It can save the head position if the 2 is used only by its self. All the other keypad #'s can be used in combination. Has me puzzled. Did I get a corrupt file in my download of the game or something?
IN Game: Sidious

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
Re: Guns emptying on their own
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »
This could be two things. Either it's a bad installation of Aces High, or something in your system or the keyboard itself for that matter is limiting you from doing that. If you backup your old settings of Aces High along with skins, sounds, and nose-art a fresh install of Aces High might resolve the issue. If not you have everything remaining to return to how it was.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 01:09:40 PM »
Probably you need to check stick mapping.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:18 PM »
Have you had your joystick or other controls apart recently?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline drdeathx

• Silver Member
      • [URL=http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/?action=view&current=woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg][IMG]http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq77/AAdeath/th_woodland-critters-christmas-1024x76.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
Happened to me a few times. Windows calibration fixed it with saitek control panel.
See Rule #6

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
Still doing it & my son's joystick also does the same thing on his cpu. We both have Saiteks but they don't have software to calibrate with other than the windows calibration.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
I fell into the Saitek trap years ago and then bought CH and never looked back. Saitek looks cool but cool alone doesnt get the job done.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 02:14:06 PM »
Using a X52,... this happened to me 3 times last week. Not only guns but it was like every button was randomly being pressed. Restarted the PC and hasn't happened since. But it only happened 1 day and never before and not since. <shrug>

My first thought was it's a stick issue.

Animl
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:46:27 PM »
I occasionally have a similar problem with my X52. Any button I press will "stick"(not physically). Every time this has happened to me the culprit is usually a lose wire connecting the X52 or the throttle. All I have to do is plug them back in properly and restart game and it's fixed.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
Still doing it & my son's joystick also does the same thing on his cpu. We both have Saiteks but they don't have software to calibrate with other than the windows calibration.

BTW, was nice to see that name again (WOZ30BAT), ain't seen it in years.
<S>
Anim

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:47 PM »
I occasionally have a similar problem with my X52. Any button I press will "stick"(not physically). Every time this has happened to me the culprit is usually a lose wire connecting the X52 or the throttle. All I have to do is plug them back in properly and restart game and it's fixed.

Interesting, sounds like something worth checking out, maybe one of the pins has a loose fit.