Author Topic: DA Dweebs strike again  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: DA Dweebs strike again
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »
They were at it again today.  "madman4" announced that rooks ought to defend A2 because he was going to bomb it. :rolleyes:

Still, I think the furball pond has its place in AH.  It's the best way to get lots of stick time as fast as possible.  For that reason, I like it for practicing in whatever obscure, under-performing plane I have to fly in FSO.

Just a couple of changes would fix it:

1. 50k mountains around it so no bombers can toolshed.
2. No Tempest.  I'm singling it out because some make a career of flying it there.
3. No f3 view.
4. Inability to form squads
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline bg108

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2009, 05:33:37 PM »
Why in the hell would you ever need drop tanks in the DA? 

because isnt there a 15k wall between the ba and da?

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »
You do realize how far a P51 will go just on a full tank of fuel, right?

:confused:

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2009, 05:45:55 PM »
You can probably fly around the map 15 times with 100 and a drop.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
Why not implement a koth like setting anything above say 12k you get a 100mph vertical wind
that outta put a pretty little crimp in all the BnZ and buffs?
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
So what your saying is that we should have arena, just for the rejects in the Aces High? Wait we had that, H2H and that was taken away wasn't it. If their not going to behave by rules now, why should we give them an arena and reward them?

We are not giving anything to any one and are not allowing anyone to do anything.  We don't have that power.  HT created collects $15 per month and allows them to play the game in a way that does not offend the majority of the player base.  No one cares if a couple of us get pissed off and leave.  Skill does not matter in this. 

So, what I am saying is that there is nothing to be done.  The decisions have been made.  We adapt, leave, or get banned from the BBS witch is going to be the most likely outcome of these threads.  You are only welcome here if you have good things to say about the company  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
I have said nothig wrong about HT or any member of the staff in general.
So they pay $15/month, and your also saying that it dosn't matter who leaves or gets pizzed off. So, it dosn't matter who gets ejected from the game and or the boards, right? Well then why not get rid of the ones that cause the most trouble in the game? If someone is not doing somthing right on the boards, either they get PNGed or paroleed. You speak about politics on 200, you get a mute for X amount of minutes or days. Why is this any diffrent? There doing somthing wrong here, HT wouldn't have known if someone said anything. For all he knows, everything is hunky dory. Skuzzy came on the other day and made that message about politics on 200, country or range. Someone has to tell them whats going on in the game, becasue there never going to be on for special occasion, such as the one a couple of days ago. Who do you think told them about the politics?
This is not a communisim Ded, you should know that. Staff members are not gods, there like you and me. Down to Earth people, that are doing their job to make other peoples fun. When it's infringed, then they have to take action. And that's the pourpse of this post, our fun is infringed and there should be action taken. That's the majority of the people of AH community.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »
They were at it again today.  "madman4" announced that rooks ought to defend A2 because he was going to bomb it. :rolleyes:

Still, I think the furball pond has its place in AH.  It's the best way to get lots of stick time as fast as possible.  For that reason, I like it for practicing in whatever obscure, under-performing plane I have to fly in FSO.

Just a couple of changes would fix it:

1. 50k mountains around it so no bombers can toolshed.
2. No Tempest.  I'm singling it out because some make a career of flying it there.
3. No f3 view.
4. Inability to form squads

If people in furball area would actually furball it would be awesome...

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
been goin to the DA a lot in the past month or so. furball lake is what it is. lots of pickin and hoing but its fun. fast action when the  MA is boring. when I get tired of the bs in the lake I go to another field and 1v1 or 2v2. its true there are mostly tards in there and you won't find a 1v1 in the lake during primetime but you don't have to go to the lake. bombers are easily dealt with although pretty lame. 
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29:13 PM »
possible easy thing to do........when you guys are doing your thing....and you see these schmu.......eerrr.......fine gentlemen comming in...........simply bail, and go somewhere else. i know you shouldn't have to, but if they can't spoil your fun, they won;t be having any. eventually, they;ll get the point and leave.

only other option, and i REALLY HATE to even think this, much less type it here......wait'll they say something even REMOTLY offensive....and .report em enough to get em banned.
 either way, they'll be outta your hair.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:28 PM »
I have said nothig wrong about HT or any member of the staff in general.
So they pay $15/month, and your also saying that it dosn't matter who leaves or gets pizzed off. So, it dosn't matter who gets ejected from the game and or the boards, right? Well then why not get rid of the ones that cause the most trouble in the game? If someone is not doing somthing right on the boards, either they get PNGed or paroleed. You speak about politics on 200, you get a mute for X amount of minutes or days. Why is this any diffrent? There doing somthing wrong here, HT wouldn't have known if someone said anything. For all he knows, everything is hunky dory. Skuzzy came on the other day and made that message about politics on 200, country or range. Someone has to tell them whats going on in the game, becasue there never going to be on for special occasion, such as the one a couple of days ago. Who do you think told them about the politics?
This is not a communisim Ded, you should know that. Staff members are not gods, there like you and me. Down to Earth people, that are doing their job to make other peoples fun. When it's infringed, then they have to take action. And that's the pourpse of this post, our fun is infringed and there should be action taken. That's the majority of the people of AH community.

I think that what does did not register yet, is that they are the majority.  Look in the DA?  How many people are dueling and how many are in the lake?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »
Flying in the lake makes me feel good.  So many easy kills.  Hard to keep my SA high enough to keep track of all the buggers though.

Ki-84 in the DA furball lake is pwnage.  The spixtweenies and 4hogs don't know how to fight it.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
Score/Stats in the DA attracts pilots who want to "game the game" at whatever cost. Temps n Chogs are the plane of choice for this style of play.

Eliminate the pilot stats from DA please. We have the MA score system for that.

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2009, 03:28:51 PM »
Ki-84 in the DA furball lake is pwnage.  The spixtweenies and 4hogs don't know how to fight it.

um it's more like they don't know how to fight anything...

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »
um it's more like they don't know how to fight anything...

Shhhh....let me revel in the momment of feeling like a crack pilot for a bit :D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace