Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7817 times)

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:51 AM »
In both cases the other 1/2 are at the town.

These squads have reason to be proud of themselves!
I salute you.  :salute
Or in your words... "oink".

Wow that is Rooks and Bish. We dont even fly Rook or Bish....DOH :aok  Not very smart are ya!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:11:38 AM by rip033 »
JaCkRiPr

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2009, 02:03:55 AM »
You have got to be kidding.  Your bragging about all your skill and knowledge, and yet you state it takes 15 minutes to mount a defense.

Fred

Think that one through a bit there bmwgs, it really is a ridiculous statement.  You tell me how long it takes to get 10-15 players together to mount a defence.  You act like there is always a couple dozen players just sitting in a tower somewhere waiting for an alert call to be put out.  Point out to me exactly where I am wrong in my assessment.  (i'm not)

Granted, I understand you trying to justify your actions, but please stick with the reality of the situation and that is that you and yours NEED that 10-15min of time it takes to get a defence up or your attack will fail (as your squaddie put it) 99% of the time.

The ONLY reason a NOE attack is successfully is that 10-15min it takes to gather the forces to defend against it.

I'm good but even I can't make defenders appear out of thin air.  Most players are in the middle of something else and as we both know the NOE hoard raid is COUNTING on that fact.

(sigh)

as far as "bragging" I would refer you to my sig.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:07:57 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 02:06:12 AM »
Wow that is Rooks. We dont even fly Rook....DOH :aok  Not very smart are ya!

Keep reading until you realize it's not about highlighting a specific squad, but a detrimental attitude shared by many. POTW wasn't the only squad I made reference to. Though I have some nice screen shots of your horde "mishuns" tonight.

"Oink".
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:12:46 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 02:13:22 AM »
You included us when you said Oink.  :rolleyes:
JaCkRiPr

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 02:15:52 AM »
Yes, I did. What are you not understanding?

These large squads need to realize what sort of influence they have on game play (and MY $15) when forming up in squads or "wings" (read hordes) and generally pillaging any sort of sport in the fight. Assuming they even allow/seek a fight as a side show to their "map rolling skillz". It's fairly obvious to me what will happen if this trend continues. It's already happening. The spirit of the dogfight is dying.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 05:17:20 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2009, 03:03:05 AM »
Heres a few thoughts from my viewpoint:

First of all I like the big maps.  They allow all sorts of different styles of gameplay in the same sandbox.  Moreso than the samll maps do.

Second, while I have only ever participated in a couple of NOE missions and I can count the number of organized missions that I've participated in overall in AH on one or two hands I don't really have a huge problem with the inept doing it.  There are certain squads that I've defended against successfully single handed and there's no greater sense of gratification that wiping out an entire squad by youself.

Third, I'm a Bish so this isn't isolated to a single country.

My final thought is that yes, this has largley contributed to the deteriation of the game.  Not specifically NOE but hoarding in general.  I totally understand the allure of safety in numbers.  I really do appreciate the newer players who actually attempt to learn to fly and fight.  I look forward to occasional great fights against those players.  At the same time, I look forward to clubbing the clueless baby seal hoardlings.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:05:27 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2009, 03:25:11 AM »
Think that one through a bit there bmwgs, it really is a ridiculous statement.  You tell me how long it takes to get 10-15 players together to mount a defence.  You act like there is always a couple dozen players just sitting in a tower somewhere waiting for an alert call to be put out.  Point out to me exactly where I am wrong in my assessment.  (i'm not)

Granted, I understand you trying to justify your actions, but please stick with the reality of the situation and that is that you and yours NEED that 10-15min of time it takes to get a defence up or your attack will fail (as your squaddie put it) 99% of the time.

The ONLY reason a NOE attack is successfully is that 10-15min it takes to gather the forces to defend against it.

I'm good but even I can't make defenders appear out of thin air.  Most players are in the middle of something else and as we both know the NOE hoard raid is COUNTING on that fact.

(sigh)

as far as "bragging" I would refer you to my sig.

OK, I gave it some thought.  I can't count the times that an alert has gone out on county text and within 2 minutes 20 planes up with as many GV's, assuming the hangers are up.  I can't count the number of times that I have seen bases defended in this manner.  You might need 15 minutes to get a Typhoon up to 15,000 feet to have an advantage though.

As for your countrymen (chess pieces) not coming to assist when the call goes out, well, not much I can say about that, it also happens to us.

I also like the way you say I have to justify MY ACTIONS.  What actions are you referring to?  Are you saying that all I do is fly NOE missions?   If you are, then it goes to show how little you really know.

With Due Respect   :salute

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2009, 03:47:35 AM »
But but but folks, We did about 20 missions one day of what I would call In-Your-Face missions and Rooks and Knights both backed down. Several were into areas of 2 full dar bars. I thought wow, this is going to be fun. Guess what, they all towered. Now if we, bish, are such skilless dweebs why did they do that? Oh btw they complained about that. We did this at 15 on the map where 15 is a large base and also a port. Rooks had the cv there and were constantly resupplying the field. They had a high cap of 262s, tempests, and p51s. All the uber planes they could muster. Ghi put up a mission of just 12 p38s. Only 12 mind you. We sunk the cv and took down all the hangers and captured the field in like 10 minutes. Then you want to complain about a few NOEs. If I were you guys I would look within to solve your problems instead of trying to conform everyone to your set of rules here on the forums.

As far as base defense goes I've seen a handful of Bish hold off 2 dar bars of rooks and knights. I bet they do that more than iRookies and Knits combined.

Recently, after leaving Rolling Thunder I thought about going back to Rooks. I thought well they have too many mouths and chest thumpers. I could just squelch them though. But then I was at a base where a handful of Bish were holding off 2 dar bars of rooks. The only thing the Rooks were into was vulching and picking and they weren't doing a good job of that. Every now and then a single rook would take a swipe at town. After being there an hour sitting in a ww I just rolled back to base and went elsewhere. Then I thought what was I thinking and I dropped the whole idea of going rooks.

Back to NOEs, Those are the easiest missions to stop if you are alert. If you're not then that is your fault. I saw where rooks did a bunch of NOEs the other day on the Trinity map. I didn't see one complaint about those here. Didn't matter we had all those bases back a couple of hours later. It seems it's only bad if bish do them. According to the rules trying to be laid out here one Noe is okay, 2 is bad, and 3 is just way wrong.  :rofl :rofl

Addendum: What really slays me is that I see people on this thread that don't hardly ever play in the MA's and yet they want to comment on the play. You know they have a furball arena. You can pick in there like you can in here and you can't take bases (I think). Maybe even find a duel if that is what you are into. I learned a week into this game that dueling skills don't do it. You are almost guaranteed to get picked. So nothing has changed and unfortunately we still have the whiners too.

Let me tell you about whiners and this applies to real life as well. They are going to find something to whine about no matter what. If you cater to one problem they will whine about another, if you cater to that they move to the next. They never ever take responsibility for their own destiny or rely on their own problem solving skills. Everything is some one else's fault. When I look back over my life and see the many mistakes I made at least I can say I did them and I was responsible for the solutions. I'm also responsible for my fun. Not Lute, not Scotch, not Nobaddy nor anyone else. Just me! Try real hard to learn that and you will be much happier people.

And I want to thank you all for giving the bish the power over your fun. We'll take good care of it I assure you. Do you think Scotch will have fun if we take this base. Yes. alright lets take it for Scotch. About if we pick nobaddy. Most definitely he will have fun. Alright lets pick him. Yeah!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 06:36:53 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2009, 03:54:53 AM »
Yep and I have a screen shot of you sleeping in your Spixteen Scotch. Whoopee you have a screen shot and want me to play YOUR game. I will do what I like with my money and you will never be able to change that. By the way,did you not see the post by Sol that says we are not just about taking bases or hording? The POTW do it all.

I do seem to remember that some of the bases we took tonight were defended very well. Hats off to the defence for making it harder for us to do what we planned.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2009, 03:57:37 AM »
Buzzard, what a great signature line!

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2009, 03:59:15 AM »
Shhhhhhhh!!!! Don't tell anyone. I stole it :D

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »

somebody types "A23 is flashing"  but they themselves don't go there.. figuring someone else will go, they called it out, did their part.

Happens frequently to me, and guess why? I'm already airborne, deep in enemy airspace, at least 15 mins away from any friendly field to land on. The only thing I can do at that point is to alert my current fellow countrymen.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 05:06:45 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2009, 08:16:57 AM »
If AH is going to continue down this road of mega hordes grinding out bases, I think a few changes should be made

1. Get rid of NOE via dar bar
   -It is not a realistic idea to simply say, if you don't want your base taken, defend it.  If you have 40 guys attacking from NOE, what possible type of defense can be mounted. Mission guys have long periods of time to form mission..defenders typically have only minutes to up a massive defensive force, before everything on the field is destroyed.   

2. Arena alert for missions upping/mass uppings from field
    -Goes along with 1., and though mission planners still have unlimited time to plan mission, the defenders now have a smaller window time to mount defense, but at least have a chance to field some troops.

These hordes should have close to 100% success rate...It's really hard to imagine that these missions even fail....

Even a base taking sim needs to have some form of defense...other than suicide bomb'n' bail, pork'n'auger other fields.

Base taking strategy should be more than getting as many people as you can and ramming everyone down the throat of the enemy who doesn't know your there in the first place or enough time to respond.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:22:43 AM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2009, 08:19:10 AM »
Tell you what, for anyone that is concerned about the detriment of game play, and feels that the sprit of dog fighting is fading away.  Just take a new player under your wing and teach him/her the ropes of dog fighting, furballing, ect.  Instead of saying; use alt+f4 for god mode, invisibility, bomb sight, go to the training arena and so on.  The complaints about the land grab part of the game are getting old.  If you like the game enough and want it to be played more like you want it to, put something into it other than your $14.95 a month.  I for one enjoy the game, and enjoy helping folks out.  I just took on a new squad member and he was very appreciative of the hour I spent with him getting him set up properly, teaching him some maneuvers and tactics, and didn't take much effort at all, just a little patience.  This is an online game played with people who want to have fun, either DO something about it, quit, or just be quiet.  Like I said before, these topics are getting old.

Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2009, 08:20:58 AM »
Like I said before, these topics are getting old.

Amen!!