Author Topic: All hail...  (Read 7810 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: All hail...
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2009, 01:39:32 PM »

I think it is a perfect representation of the elite so-called furball crowd....I didn't ho, horde, noe, ram or pick him...but I am a poor pilot..... :confused:

No the truth is that unless they can kill you on their terms then there is something wrong with you.  Again i am amused that this the film being shown....I am sure there are much worse films of me out there...I can only hope there are better ones of him...

And don't lump BKs and AoM together....the BKs are a truer furballing squad then AoM has ever been...Stang, Jaxxo Hubs et al are part of what once made this community more interesting for ACM.

Well you just admitted to picking him when he was fighting a P38.

"furballer's terms"...it's pretty simple, Fight.  Don't try to rope and pick 6 times in a row before running for the hills.  Now I know what you are thinking..."I am going to fly to my plane's strength".  Well if you are continuously flying b&zing planes you are choosing to fight like that, don't blame the plane for your passiveness and lack of skill. (and I doubt you are skill less, Just saying in general)

You keep clumping together the terms 'furballing' and 'acm' as if they are the same thing which they aren't.  Furballing is a style of flying just like B&Z.  You don't have to be a great stick who has mastered acm to furball although it does help obviously.  ACM is not Furballing.  ACM is controlling your plane and knowing how to defend yourself.  Similar to real life and martial arts.  You can learn the arts and become able to defend yourself if someone tries to punk you in a bar, or you can have your cronies just jump him from behind and hit the guy across the head with a beer bottle and then kick him while he's on the ground.  That's what the horde is, a bunch of frat boys jumping people, beating them to a pulp, and then doin keg stands and lookin up girl's skirts.  Party on dude!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:57:15 PM by grizz441 »

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2009, 01:44:45 PM »

You can't judge a pilot by one sortie.

Lord knows he (Falconwing) and I have had our fair share of run ins and disputes in the past.

And the Lord also knows he and I have vastly different opinions on many things pertaining to AcesHigh.

But I also know the guy to be honorable and he is a fairly decent stick.

I for one have drug my fair share of target fixated pilots through ack over the years and I am also pretty sure every poster in this thread has done the same. 

The film has two sides actually.  One CAN view it as Falcn. running to ack and refusing to fight, and one can also view it as Scotch making several poor decisions and dying because of them.

Sure I would rather have seen Falc. duke it out with Scotch.  I think that would have been a decent fight actually.  Scotch is a good 109 stick and I am sure Falcn. knows how to handle a Tempest.  But the reality of it is Falcn. probably was getting low on gas and ammo and there is nothing wrong with his wanting to land.

If I choose to follow an enemy back their base, fly around in their ack and surrounding myself with nme's, I really can't blame my opponent because I made that choice and died dumb because of it.

I won't judge either Scotch's or Falcn's. flying by this one film.  (you can't really)  I have fought both fair and square in the LW's and both pilots know how to fight.  I have had film over the years of most all the "elite" sticks running to ack, ho'n, and/or just plain flying like dweebs in general.  Just as I have had film of them showing amazing skill and doing some pretty incredible stuff with their planes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 01:54:32 PM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2009, 02:11:04 PM »
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
Some of the complaining in here reminds me of a gal I dated years ago.  She didn't like my car, my clothes, my furniture, my hair, my friends, my apartment...  

You dated my ex-wife?   :huh
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
Don't try to rope and pick 6 times in a row before running for the hills.

The rope-a-dope is now frowned upon, too?  :lol  That's like playing poker without the check-raise.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:44:50 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
You dated my ex-wife?   :huh
Well at least I didn't marry her!  ;)
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
Some of the stuff going on in this thread is an exact example of what is part of making the game environment go down hill.  You know who you are. Grow up.

Animl <walks away shaking head>
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2009, 03:07:29 PM »
But Scotch, you sure missed a great shot on that p51. Fedj was practically stalled in front of you. Too much target fixation there.

It wasn't fixation. I knew where everyone was at that point. Where I should have put in right rudder to keep my nose steady on his path, I shot a burst while crossing to get back down on falconweenie. The 30mm rounds went to either side of the 51 because of that drop. It would've been a good kill though but that flight was really just about getting falconweenie out of the sky since he wouldn't fight (well, I guess he tried with Nitefox, Canucka, and Keystone...sorta).  :aok  :rofl

My point in that? He liked to cast stones about how others fly, buzzing a furball etc, when that's exactly what he's doing. The difference between him and Kappa or Fester. Even if they were in jets they would've turned around and fought me. Not run away looking for another pick, multiple wingmen, and field ack.  They took the time to learn how to fight outside of the horde and how to use both advantage and disadvantage. :pray

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 03:18:38 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
Well at least I didn't marry her!  ;)

Ouch!!  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2009, 03:12:26 PM »
Been playing AH since Jan 2002...

Myself from February 2002, but I respectfully disagree with you.

Starting the JB's we thought we were noble warriors of the skies, and flew with a "code". It was all well and good, I left because of some personal reasons, and got sick of the LW only rule we had.

From there I moved on to lone wolf flying until I was invited into the Muppets. I don't fly as often as I did for numerous reasons, but one of them is gameplay. I am no great stick but I have learned a lot about AH being in the Muppets. There really is a difference in mentality, and sense of gameplay.

I wholeheartedly agree with Scotch that mass misshuns and giant squads are killing AH. There used to be a time when fighting, be it land, sea, and air all happened at once, a good balance, and the fight for a base could last hours (think A45 area on Baltic). Even on the big maps back in the single MA there were fights like that.

Over the past few years it has progressively gone downhill, and I fear it is picking up speed. The statements of new players not wanting to learn really seems true to me.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »
Wow, and to think this all started when scotch accused POTW as being horders and base takers. Hey im all for the dogfight, i say we fix it to where you cant take bases any more to promote dogfighting just like Combat Flight Simulator did.... oh wait that game doesnt exist anymore. Simply because there was only one thing you could do and that was dogfight. Doing the same thing over and over gets boring after a while which i think makes this game thrive. For those of you that dislike the gameplay of others and quit, then there will only be someone to take your place. Because there are so many things different things to do. I dont care for the people that talk crap on 200 like they have the little man syndrome. That irritates me to no end but it wont stop me from playing. Just enjoy the things you do. thats what is important ,after all it is only a game. :salute

While eddieK needs a flippin WALL-O-TEXT (sorry, didn't bother to actually read it), rip summs it up pretty well.   :aok

ROX

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2009, 03:17:01 PM »
Neither of you are addressing the actual issue that was presented. Base taking by itself is fine. It's the horde mission that's now used to take said base.
-AoM-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2009, 03:57:04 PM »
....the BKs are a truer furballing squad then AoM has ever been.
:rofl

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Mark!  where have you been?  I needed you a week or two ago
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »
The rope-a-dope is now frowned upon, too?  :lol  That's like playing poker without the check-raise.

No, that's perfectly fine but if it doesn't work the first 3 times, the pilot should probably try something else... but most the time that's the only weapon in his ars3nal hence is in the B&zer to begin with.  There's nothin more annoying and dweeby than a pony diving 10k to shoot me, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, repeat, dodge, fire, maybe clip his wing as he flies by, "zomg i dont have enough E to continue this charade" and he runs away.  Ya know what I mean?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 04:24:51 PM by grizz441 »