Author Topic: Is the KOTH CM's gonna have a January KOTH tourney?  (Read 4523 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Is the KOTH CM's gonna have a January KOTH tourney?
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:56:31 PM »
just wondering, it is already January 24th and not a word or post regarding a scheduled date!  :noid
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Is the KOTH CM's gonna have a January KOTH tourney?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 07:21:59 AM »
I was wondering the same. I would suppose that Friday KOTH is Jan. 30th and Saturday KOTH is 31st.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:16:08 PM »
Some tweaks are being made in the rules. I believe they are just about finalized.
Dates will most likely be the 30th and 31st but we were waiting until we did finalize the rules to make them official.
Probably the biggest change, due to people using methods of communication we can not monitor, will be the elimination of CM Eye mode.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 03:57:15 PM »
Some tweaks are being made in the rules. I believe they are just about finalized.
Dates will most likely be the 30th and 31st but we were waiting until we did finalize the rules to make them official.
Probably the biggest change, due to people using methods of communication we can not monitor, will be the elimination of CM Eye mode.

Whoaaa....

Im gonna try and say this as politely as I can......

I personally think eliminating CM eye mode may be one of the worst things you could do for koth. I wont speak for others but one of my favorite things about KOTH is that you are able to watch and learn from the other fights after you die by using CM eye mode. Some of the better fights I have seen came from watching in the CM eye mode during koth after I died. I know for me personally if you disabled that it would be taking a large chunk of fun out of the event for me.

My 2c take it as you wish.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:18 PM »
Please keep CM eye.  Thats one the the great thinks about KOTH, you die, and watch the others duke it out.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
Some tweaks are being made in the rules.

this is gonna less'en the fun in the KOTH, if the KOTH CM's implement this rule...........

I agree that people really do learn from being able to watch others go at it via CM Eye Mode

I hope the KOTH CM's give this a second look and realize that the fun & learning far outweigh any negatives that might arise from this feature
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 08:20:40 PM »
Yup, I agree that your going to get a lot less turn out without CMeye mode. Dunno why its such an issue.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:56:35 PM »
Sorry, it is gone for now.

Everyone KNOWS why it is an issue.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 11:13:42 PM »
Please keep CM eye.  Thats one the the great thinks about KOTH, you die, and watch the others duke it out.

Don't worry, there will be an alternative.
USMC/71sqn

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 01:03:16 AM »
Ive been waiting 3 years to be apart of KOTH

oohhh btw schedule has changed and i am IN changes or no changes

Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 05:40:58 PM »
I am replying as "just another player" here with my personal opinion...

I am not going to sit around in the tower for 20-30 minutes at a time twittling my thumbs just because a very small minority of players who are, for lack of a better term "rats", and *might* be at a KoTH, and *might* abuse the communication rules.  I have better ways to spend my time.

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

I am not going to sit around in the tower for 20-30 minutes at a time twittling my thumbs just because a very small minority of players who are, for lack of a better term "rats", and *might* be at a KoTH, and *might* abuse the communication rules.  I have better ways to spend my time.
Well said.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 07:58:54 PM »

Again, as I said above, we are working on an alternative to CM eye, to give you guys something to do while waiting.

The big gripe is not having anything to do while you are waiting for the next round, Right?

I think we can come up with a solution for that. ;)

that would solve the problem, correct?

:aok

USMC/71sqn

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
A diversity of flying styles show up for KoTH.  The regulars are sitting on the sidelines not only with a sporting event atmosphere, but also observing how the remaining participents fly for future reference.  Sort of like watching the opposing teams prior games to help formulate a strategy for the upcoming game.  Absent that ability, it sounds like it pays to show up as an unknown, because the only people that will see how you tend to fight would only be the ones you fight first hand.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Christ are we going to need to get a law degree to fly in koth now? CM's do a great job but you don't have to regulate it so much. Stop the stuff you can stop and forget about the rest.

Vlkyrie1