Author Topic: P51 wing loading  (Read 14521 times)

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
Re: P51 wing loading
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »
According to NAA 368mph with wep at sea level and 355mph without wep. I got 353 without wep and 365mph with wep in the TA testing. Again, it's 2 or 3 mph under what it could do in real life conditions.

That means HTC has a 0.56% error from real life.  Im betting that variation from plane to plane matches this.

At 13,300 ft 412 in RL...HTCs 411

That 0.24% error.  To me it looks likes HTC has things pretty close.

I think you will find larger errors in the modeling of other planes, maybe HTC should worry about them first.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »
I just want the drag/flap ratio fixed there is WAY too much drag for those flaps.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »
I'm not going to get any sympathy in this crusade am I.  :uhoh

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Doesn't sound like it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 10:21:37 AM »
Flaps are yet another issue. They are not what they used to be. You guys are singling out the difference in the mph but thats only 1 example. The MP is wrong, flaps are wrong, speed is wrong...bottom line is that it's not right. It used to be. But why the change in the first place is my question.

Also if I had 9611 lbs of fuel in instead of the 9368 that I tested with, these numbers would be off even more. Not just 1 or 2 mph.Oh, did I mention that the wingloading is not right either?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:26:25 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 10:24:58 AM »

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »
Can HTC please give uptown the 1-2 mph he so needs when running away.  Give him his flaps that he wants.  Then and only then, finally perk the dweeb ride that so many Ho and run in.  Just my 2 cents  :aok
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
It's all becaused HT is biased against American planes and is not willing to fix them!

Just the same way he has porked German Iron (just ask Schlowy!), Japanese, Soviet & Italian planes, and it's no secret he hates British Steel too, so he gave Mossie flame dampers and Spit's wings made of paper.

He hate's 'em all, and he hates us all, so he made a game we just can't quit

:noid

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 10:35:05 AM »
It's all becaused HT is biased against American planes and is not willing to fix them!

Just the same way he has porked German Iron (just ask Schlowy!), Japanese, Soviet & Italian planes, and it's no secret he hates British Steel too, so he gave Mossie flame dampers and Spit's wings made of paper.

He called HT a biased russian Jew one time   comedy gold!   :rofl
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »
Uptown:
IMHO, 1-2 mph is not worth complaining about,(although see below), the strangely porked turning and flap performance has been noted for a long time now by Widewing and other quite knowledgeable folks, so apparently is not going to get changed anytime soon.

You're seeing something of the attitude problem a lot of simmers have with the Mustang though. It is so popular and they've been beaten over the head with the "best plane of WWII" stuff so much that it has shell-shocked them and made them bloody hostile towards the thing, almost glad for it to be modeled as a dog.

I can tell you though Uptown, if the thing was a little faster and turned a little better, with its speed, range, visibility, decent ord capacity and accurate guns, it would cry out to be lightly perked. This would be my preference but might be a bad business model for HTC, because lets face it, conservatively 70% of new players want to fly the P-51 first and might not renew after their two week trial if the first message they got on clicking upon it was "You don't have enough points for that model".

Okay, note the P-51D-15NA doing 375mph on the deck, WITH wing racks and limited to 67" MAP.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:28:10 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
Just as I suspected   :frown: I have a printout of the performance calculations of the P51D from North American Aviation,Inc. dated 2/6/46 and in comparing HTC P51D to the calculated one, the differences are stacking up in almost every catagory.

fixed

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 10:54:08 AM »
Along with a certain hostility towards the P-51 because of the History Channel shoving it down people's throats, there is another interesting attitude. The fact that HT has constructed what is possibly the *best* WWII flight sim and certainly the best MMOG WWII flight sim has made a certain percentage of the community so grateful they do not believe any allegations of fallibility on the part of HTC.  :D

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Timofei

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
Flaps are yet another issue. They are not what they used to be. You guys are singling out the difference in the mph but thats only 1 example. The MP is wrong, flaps are wrong, speed is wrong...bottom line is that it's not right. It used to be. But why the change in the first place is my question.

Also if I had 9611 lbs of fuel in instead of the 9368 that I tested with, these numbers would be off even more. Not just 1 or 2 mph.Oh, did I mention that the wingloading is not right either?

Your troll is far too weak for the HTC to respond.
Man you are weak. Not even entertaining.
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred herewith."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
The fact that HT has constructed what is possibly the *best* WWII flight sim and certainly the best MMOG WWII flight sim has made a certain percentage of the community so grateful they do not believe any allegations of fallibility on the part of HTC.  :D

I agree that this phenomenon is occurring.  Yet all you have to do is compare how much their flight models have changed over the years to know that they are fallible (the changes I'm talking about are not the "oops, it's 500lbs too light" kind of mistake).  Specifically, the P-38L was the dominant plane of the early versions of Warbirds: everyone defended its flight model, and 50% of the players flew it 90% of the time "for its history."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:04:59 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 11:10:50 AM »
Specifically, the P-38L was the dominant plane of the early versions of Warbirds: everyone defended its flight model, and 50% of the players flew it 90% of the time "for its history."

Is this what happens if a plane is both too "popular, historic" and too effective?

...could there be motivation to avoid some "perfect storm" of popularity and effectiveness in an AHII aircraft for similar reasons?

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »
Another change is the roll rate of the Spitfire IX.  In Warbirds it rolled about as well as the Spitfire V at 400mph, and now it rolls much more slowly at 400mph than the V.

The 109K-4 used to max out at around the 340mph on the deck, and the P-51 at around 350mph.  Now the K-4 does 368mph and the P-51 365mph.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!