Author Topic: The HO Tard..  (Read 1935 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: The HO Tard..
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2009, 09:32:47 PM »
If I watch someone else HO a teammate, I'll go out of my way to HO them... :)

If I'm in a bad mood I'll also HO occasionally...  Misery loves company I suppose... :P
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »
Maybe so.. but do u think 90% of planes (in WW2) HO'd on 1st pass putting there life at risk just to kill the other person 1st or do yo think they would avoid and kill them with some skill either in a turn, merge or pick.

actually yes they did. the first rule taught was to turn into your opponent and face him head on. this served multiple purposes.

1 you shorten the distance between you and you opponent faster than he was anticipating

2 you cannot shoot at what is not in front of you, it is better to lose taking the shot than to lose without putting up a fight

3 you have more option engaging an opponent from your 12 than you do from your 6

4 you will spook an untrained uncombat seasoned pilot by the confrontation, increasing the likelihood that he will make a critical error

5 in air combat only the offensive pilot can win

6 maintain constant aggression

7 by turning into your attacker you force him to change his strategy, if he wants to survive he must move, this gives you the advantage of momentum, you have now taken control by forcing him to react to you instead of you reacting to him.

and the reasons go on and on. but the point is that they did teach the HO as a counter tactic to being bounced or attacked from an opponent with advantage. be that advatage superior alt or plane or ect....

but here in AH i have realised that the HO really is just a fight and fun ender. it takes no real skill. it does have its place and its application, but that is not every 1v1 and in every plane you fly. if your in a dog like the TBM and you get a HO shot youd be foolish not to take it, if your in a 110 mossie b25 ect and some tard in a fighter want a nose job then by all means give it to him. but when your 1v1 and your in relatively matched advantage and fighter types then damn it fight dont HO.

well just my $.02
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »
Here's some true HO-tardation for ya.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zcegx8mzd2i

The irony is that the guy in the Mossie,who has every reason to wish for a HO in this situation, did not even seem to try for it.* On the other hand, later we have two dedicated fighters engaging a singleton. They have superior numbers, superior maneuverability, and, at this altitude, at least rough parity in performance. They are facing a fighter with firepower that could easily destroy them in a HO joust if the pilot chose to engage in one. So what is the logical thing for one of them to do? HO of course! (I'm sorry, I mean FQ snapshot  :rolleyes:.) I must actually blame myself on this one. Making a HO pass in this situation is so abysmally illogical that I didn't expect it and was lax on my juking and jiving. I should have realized something was odd when the second P-51 practically flew on top of the other and made no attempt to bracket. The sad part is that the twit probably thinks he has a very clever "tactic" worked out here.

OTOH, he is as deserving as of my pity as my wrath, because as the following illustrates, this individual seems fairly helpless in situations other than HOs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0dcxcm0mszx

*In case you're wondering Mech, yes I DID do a quick .f batfinkv before deciding I wanted to attack the %@%$$ mossie*  :D

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 02:05:06 AM »
lol!

The mossy sure is good sor hoing with if you look at the guns, but the major downside is that a big target doesnt often get through a ho in one piece. The price of losing an engine or elevator, or getting a pilot wound is just not worth it in the mossy, in my opinion. Sometimes of course its the only option and has to be done quickly without hesitation.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 02:07:35 AM »
Maybe so.. but do u think 90% of planes (in WW2) HO'd on 1st pass putting there life at risk just to kill the other person 1st or do yo think they would avoid and kill them with some skill either in a turn, merge or pick.

In real life i expect it was more of a risk to give up an opertunity to fire your guns on the enemy than to chance a head on attack. In our game of course it is a skill less tactic, my only point here is that it has to be done and soemtimes leads to beautifull luck afterwards.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2009, 06:40:08 AM »
..this is undoubtably the most usefull and legit time to be one.

http://www.freeroleentertainment.com/doublekill.ahf  -  1 min film

nuff said

LOL!!! nice one mate :D
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Tr0jan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2009, 07:50:10 AM »

In real life i expect it was more of a risk to give up an opertunity to fire your guns on the enemy than to chance a head on attack. In our game of course it is a skill less tactic, my only point here is that it has to be done and soemtimes leads to beautifull luck afterwards.

Ho's dont botherme...rams do

:noid

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »
Ho's dont botherme...rams do

:noid
Don't fly into people.. problem solved. :D
See Rule #4

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 09:28:13 AM »
In real life there were no icons and an enemy on a near-collision course often went from being "What's that speck on the windscreen?" to "Holy %@$%%!" and past you in a twinkling, somewhat increasing the difficulty of lining up a HO.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."