Author Topic: Global Warming :D  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
Global Warming :D
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:00:43 AM »
Well I play this other game and on the forums we had a discussion about Global warming and had quite a few debates. I personally don't believe in it, but a few people did on those forums. Give me your Views and thoughts about it. My Grandpa is a STRONG believer that there is no such thing and the earth is fine. I admit we pollute but I don't see how its getting warmer. My state has had more snow then it should of had, and oh not to mention that the universe is stretching out so we are getting farther away from the sun :devil. I'm only 15 so I might be viewed as stubborn to the ones who believe in it. If so let me know why I am, and see what happens.  :salute

-Tmac73
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline Marauding Conan

• Copper Member
Re: Global Warming :D
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:33:57 AM »
Well I play this other game and on the forums we had a discussion about Global warming and had quite a few debates. I personally don't believe in it, but a few people did on those forums. Give me your Views and thoughts about it. My Grandpa is a STRONG believer that there is no such thing and the earth is fine. I admit we pollute but I don't see how its getting warmer. My state has had more snow then it should of had, and oh not to mention that the universe is stretching out so we are getting farther away from the sun :devil. I'm only 15 so I might be viewed as stubborn to the ones who believe in it. If so let me know why I am, and see what happens.  :salute

-Tmac73

Stubborn is not the right word. Naive and shortsighted maybe. As to the weather not changing, here in Scotland, winters are warm and snow is very rare. In the Alps, glacies are melting, the deserts in Africa are expanding, the polar ice caps are reciding... Honestly, have you not hear about any of it?

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »
Use the search dude, there's already a few dozen going.

One of those "dead horse beat with a stick things"

Either you firmly deny that humanity is having an adverse effect on global conditions or you think that humanity is screwing stuff up for the earth.

Not many on these BBS are very middle of the road on this, one or the other mostly.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:57:02 AM »
It happens and we have to deal with it. We really don't know what the effects are since no one who is a scientist was here a few hundred thousand years ago to watch what happens when the world starts changing.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
Okay, my position is that there is no way that the human activities have no measureable effect on climate. That is subtle, but you still have people debating it.
We are not moving away from the sun BTW, and the last warm years and their temp records were set during a solar minimum. How's that?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 09:22:06 AM »
global warming is a political ploy - you can't discuss it properly without bringing up political agendas..

thought political discussions were banned?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
Oh man, here we go again!
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 11:15:23 AM »
Well Its banned in Game talk but this is O'Club. And I thought that it was moving away. And that all the planets and stars are moving farther away. Atleast thats what they said watching the show on History channel. And I don't think they'd show ficitional shows. Although some are and some are not proven.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »
Man made global warming is a money making scheme used by al and his cronies… very successfully too!    The p.o.s. has made millions off of it and secured a place in history by buying the nobel.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
Well Its banned in Game talk but this is O'Club. And I thought that it was moving away. And that all the planets and stars are moving farther away. Atleast thats what they said watching the show on History channel. And I don't think they'd show ficitional shows. Although some are and some are not proven.

LOL like the end of the world Nostradamus shows the History Channel put on every week..... Not fictional????

Seriously...  Read more.  Talk less.

You completely misunderstood what whatever show was trying to show you.  The sun isn't moving away... that's impossible unless somehow (A) the mass of the earth is altered lower or (B) the speed of the orbit is altered faster or (C) The earth is acted upon by a gravitational force stronger than our sun. (All of which are physics that I guess you haven't had yet) In all cases, we'd all be dead relatively quickly, as our zone of habitation is quite narrow.

What that show was probably talking about is the recession of other GALAXIES away from our own.  This is demonstrated by a doppler red-shift of the light we receive from those galaxies.  This is major supportive evidence of a large explosive start to the whole universe, "The Big Bang".  Most galaxies are moving away from each other at pretty uniform velocity.  Our orbit (As well as the orbits of all the planets in our system)  is nice and snug here in our solar system, that is, until 4billion more years go by and we get swallowed by our Red Giant sun.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:42:59 AM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:49 AM »
NO not the sun moving away the planets, but I guess I did misunderstand what they were trying to talk about. So I apologize for my idiotic post.

"E Tan Epi Tan"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 12:34:37 PM »
Two things you should examine right away if you care to.

What happens when natural gas is exposed to steam?

Look up dark matter and dark energy. You will learn that the expansion of space is accelerating.

We dont need to worry about either one (global warming or the expansion of space) but we should start heavy exploration of the seas.

Now back to our movie...
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 12:42:57 PM »
This thread will not end well.    :rolleyes:

ROX

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:33 PM »
We dont need to worry about either one (global warming...)

Yup.  Just keep sticking our heads in the sand and let our kids deal with it.   :rolleyes:
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 12:57:10 PM »
Your right Rox. I thought a great deal on the subject of global warming and even though I see it as political religion the discussions here in the OClub have proven that there will always be heated discussions on this subject. I feel now that the inevitable end of any 'intelligent society' (not so intelligent as proof is often provided by the illustrious Al Gore) is self-destruction because not only does discussion only get more heated and no solution found but the population still favors expansion which will only lead to over-population. Technology will eventually either lead to terrible creations of our own doom or fail us in the expansion of agriculture required to feed the ever increasing populations. Instead of worrying about global warming we should be working on food synthesis so we can get off this rock and move on or we will overpopulate and destroy ourselves.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.