Author Topic: Wirbelwind under furballs  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Wirbelwind under furballs
« on: February 06, 2009, 01:31:06 AM »
Is this the new fashion?  Tonight some "clever" people were spawning wirbelwinds into our on-the-deck furball.  On two other occasions there were warnings about enemy wirbelwinds parked just downhill from a runway shooting at people as they would take off or land.  The wirbel is a great tool for defending a base against vulchers, but these other uses stink and are increasing in frequency.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Re: Wirbelwind under furballs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:06 AM »
Nope, I started seeing quite a bit of it as soon as the WW was released.  Really I think it depends on the map, some have hotspots for it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »
Maybe it's a trinity thing and that's why it seems new to me.  It has airbases on little plateaus, which encourages sniping at aircraft landing or taking off, and it has spawns far away from the fields, which encourages spawning into furballs.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 01:36:03 AM »
Is this the new fashion?  Tonight some "clever" people were spawning wirbelwinds into our on-the-deck furball.  On two other occasions there were warnings about enemy wirbelwinds parked just downhill from a runway shooting at people as they would take off or land.  The wirbel is a great tool for defending a base against vulchers, but these other uses stink and are increasing in frequency.

Just some skilless ppl that cant get kills the hard way.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 02:20:19 AM »
Here we go again.  NOE's - Mega Squads - HO's - Vulching - Picking  - AND now the Wirbelwind.  :lol

Fred

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:35:08 AM »
Here we go again.  NOE's - Mega Squads - HO's - Vulching - Picking  - AND now the Wirbelwind.  :lol

Fred

different category BMW :salute

I personally think the whirbel running to the base is the furballers fault, its pretty easy to know when a enemy gv is inbound on the base itself, I mean you can hear it 3k off which if im not mistakin is well out of range for the whirbelwind to shoot, maybe osti but still hard shot. I dont see how thise is different from a Tiger rolling onto a base and caamping the runway, seems like you got to just call out gvs all together to me. :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 02:49:22 AM »
 :O .... now I have seen it all  :rofl ... "lame GV:s are ruining the furballers' fun"  :cry
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:53:08 AM by BlauK »

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 04:07:13 AM »
Oakranger I'm a trainer, and yet I enjoy doing exactly what is being complained about at times.

Going to call me a no skill dweeb too?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 04:12:26 AM »
It reminds me of donut with the PTs under the furball, added a new threat while fighting.

If they are there or not, it doesn't matter, so long as the stuff I am fighting doesn't hide within the WW fire zone, it is fine with me.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:15:47 AM »
the spawn from v2 to A1 on trinity  is usually pretty epic, 

You can't please everyone ALL the time and if you attempt to your an ass.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 04:21:02 AM »
Imagine that? Low and slow firing aircraft having to look out for flak?

Next thing you know they will try and turn this into a world war flight sim. based on actual history.

Perk the scoundrels I say! Here, Here!
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:46 AM »
I got bagged by a wirble the other night... I was in the middle of an awesome fight with B4Buster.

Luckily B4 had already shot me up a lot so he got the kill and not the spazz in the weeble wobble.

I had 'Medium Vis Range' enabled to help with my FR on the deck in a furball, so I didn't see the wirble until it was too late. I was slow, flaps out and on the verge of stall.

Not to get pissy about it, I 'died'..... big deal. Just annoys me seeing people avacadoting about in GVs in a flight sim.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 05:27:16 AM »

Fred

Feeling a little guilty and had to get that off your chest  ehh?
See Rule #4

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 05:37:12 AM »

Well, I think if one is blind enough to let a WW get that close to his base, they deserve to get shot :)

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 05:49:32 AM »
When attacking an nme field, its nice to have a guy in a wurbl to knock off a couple of em while they are trying to gang you.

Personaly I start asking when I come into the area if anybody's got one, especialy if the numbers are against me :aok
Spell checker is for Morrons