Author Topic: Wirbelwind under furballs  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Wirbelwind under furballs
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2009, 03:25:59 PM »
Apparently from what I am gathering from this thread is that if you get killed it's lame. I mean I watch for things like this. Well as much as I can. You have to take everything into account. People want to shoot your plane down. They seem highly motivated and they get creative. I've used shore batteries to kill vulchers before. Darn fun from my point of view. I've pulled pt boats to the end of runways where there is a hill blocking the view and shot down buffs who just barely clear the hill. All lame to the guy being killed and just good wholesome fun to me. And I have done even worse from what would be your point of view. So I guess I just don't understand the whining on this. Frankly I admire folks who say hey they're furballing over the spawn hehehehe.  :devil

I think the knights were doing this at 173 last night. I just avoided the area.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
I had a buddy who flew P-47s in Europe. He's dead now but he used to tell me about it on our fishing outings. He told me dive bombing high value German targets were terrifying due to the German flak. In fact they hated even going under 10,000' and he had tons of respect for the bloody Hun and the way they would hide their flak, and, their aim. He described raids on Luftwaffe bases where they would come in with the sun, with total surprise, make a few passes, and then get the hell out of there before the flak got to heavy and zero'd in.

I myself dont take wirbels off bases, "occasionally to a town to save it", and really dont have an interest to motor around picking off low furballers. Ive been whacked by them however and often have to deal with ack huggers hugging their wirbels. Big deal! Its part of the game. Anyone who would have an expectation they should be safe from flak near enemy bases and spawns needs to get a life. We have to many Lord Von Brown Pants who think everyone else should simply watch in awe as they pirouette in their cartoon airplane in their cartoon furball.

I blame the score system for the Von Brown Pants and the daily snivel to get rid of the latest vehicle that shot Brown Pants down.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BRONK------I see your back to trolling again.  OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!  You never stopped.    :lol

Fred
Wow.... soooo ..... when did pointing out the obvious become trolling?
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »
Apparently from what I am gathering from this thread is that if you get killed it's lame.

See if you can come up with a more charitable interpretation of my position.  It shouldn't be too hard.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2009, 03:47:42 PM »
Nothing beats a field gun with tracers off when they think they've deacked a field its hilarious.  :rock

I don't think you can turn traces off in a field gun.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
Think about it.  Where do enemy gv's spawn.  Oh yeah, right next to your base.  Kind of hard to avoid the area that's a 2 mile radius around your own airfield.  Reductio ad absurdum.

This lesson brought to you by putting 2 and 2 together. ;)

Ok.. then my next question would be.. 'How do you expect to conduct a furball over a base assault offensive?'

Sounds to me you're trying to call defending a against a base capture initiative a furball.

It's very easy to avoid an area that's 2 miles around that base. Take off from a different one.  Right?

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2009, 03:58:44 PM »
Ok.. then my next question would be.. 'How do you expect to conduct a furball over a base assault offensive?'

Sounds to me you're trying to call defending a against a base capture initiative a furball.

It's very easy to avoid an area that's 2 miles around that base. Take off from a different one.  Right?

Nope, this wasn't a base assault.  They did it just to get quick and easy revenge on the people who shot them down.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2009, 04:11:22 PM »
All i see is a bunch of  :furious :cry in this thread. 
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:25 PM »
Yes they can, grizz.  Your countryman were doing it last night next to our airfield.  One second there are no gv's; we kill some enemy aircraft in a multi-bandit engagement; the next second the ones we shot down immediately up wirbels and start firing.

Dismissing a legitimate criticism as a "whine" is not an argument, but rather indicates a bit of laziness in meeting the criticism head-on.

Last time I looked muppets switch countries almost daily so I don't get the your countrymen. Seems like you guys were fighting or near the enemy spawn and got killed by people that just upped. Smart thing would be fly straight for about five second and you'd be out of range of the wirbles. Seems like lack of SA and "whining" because you were to lazy to look for GVs.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »

Last time I looked muppets switch countries almost daily so I don't get the your countrymen.
"Your temporary countrymen as of last night" would be more accurate?
Seems like you guys were fighting or near the enemy spawn and got killed by people that just upped. Smart thing would be fly straight for about five second and you'd be out of range of the wirbles. Seems like lack of SA and "whining" because you were to lazy to look for GVs.

It's not possible to look for gv's that aren't there.  Calling a failure to anticipate gv's that are going to spawn in 5 seconds, as you twist and turn with an enemy, a "lack of SA" is a categorical error.

I don't know how many times I have to explain this...  I'm fighting the enemy, someone says "watch out wirbels are spawning!" and a half second later I'm in the tower.  If that's a lack of SA, then it would also be a "lack of SA" to be shot down by an enemy aircraft that spawned onto your 6 o'clock position.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:12:33 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
apparently the only thing everyone agrees on is that we all agree on nuttin!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »
Simple fix then. Dont fight over enemy spawns. :aok
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Simple fix then. Dont fight over enemy spawns. :aok

We're going in circles. :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »
All the time trying to miss the puddles of your whine?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
We're going in circles. :D

Between 2 bases, there is One Spawn.  One small area that will cause a problem if you fight low over it.  If I had to guess, this small spawn area where wirbles will be in range is probably...less than 1% of the total area of the sector?  And the fight most ensue over this small area? 

Then you have fights near or at the base where obviously you are risking getting shot down by all kinds of assorted crap.

I play this game wayyy too much and find myself in the weeds wayyy too often and I can count the times on one hand how many times I've ever been shot down by wirbles at their spawn point.  I guess I'm just uber lucky or something.