Author Topic: Perk it!  (Read 1907 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Perk it!
« on: February 09, 2009, 09:45:19 AM »
We really need to perk the Wirbelwind.  It take a beating like a tiger and its guns are lethal up to 1.5k. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
Re: Perk it!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 09:59:10 AM »
Takes a beating like a Tiger???  Hmmmmmmmm, no it really doesn't normally.  You usually see them getting killed with one shot or two at the most and I can tell you that auto ack can make very quick work of them.  What's wrong with lethal up to 1.5K?  Auto ack guns will pluck you right out of the sky way above that.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
Don't perk it.

Just randomize the rounds like they did with the Ostwind.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »
We really need to perk the Wirbelwind.  It take a beating like a tiger and its guns are lethal up to 1.5k. 

Ive killed plenty of both and the wirbel isnt even close to a Tiger in toughness. And they are fairly easy to take out, all you need are 2 or 3 aircraft working in tandem and drop on the thing together. Against Tanks, any kind of tanks, they are chopped Liver. I'll bet even an M-8 or an Ostie can kill a wirbel almost every time. I get shot down by wirbels all the time but dont take it personal. Its my own fault Im in range of the thing in the first place.

On the other hand vulching is not quite so easy with wirbels around. However if you have ords for a VH and/or GVs they are easily dealt with.

One thing is I see a lot less of is those 45 min. score padding vulchfests going on. I dont see what perking them would accomplish, other then helping those few who think they have a right to fly low around enemy bases.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:16:47 AM »
Takes a beating like a Tiger???  Hmmmmmmmm, no it really doesn't normally.  You usually see them getting killed with one shot or two at the most and I can tell you that auto ack can make very quick work of them.  What's wrong with lethal up to 1.5K?  Auto ack guns will pluck you right out of the sky way above that.

Too man y times i seem one get scarfed by 10-15-20 planes.  we hit it with bombs, rockets, .50 cal, 20mm, 30mm.  Just wont die that easy.  As far as the ack, you have one than one shooting at you.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:17:06 AM »
Before you all get excited, read this thread: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,257973.0.html.  The Wirbel did not have a powered turret like it does in AH, and consequently its rate of traverse was significantly slower than what we have.  What's more, the ammo came in small clips and had to constantly be reloaded, and so the practice was to only fire two guns at a time.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 10:42:07 AM »
I'll bet even an M-8 or an Ostie can kill a wirbel almost every time.

We have noticed that 1 or 2 shots from an M8 kills the turret allowing you to bypass it or manuever for the kill.  That is unless he has supplies.   :(
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »
Maybe the Tiger has gone soft. 
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:50 AM »
Too man y times i seem one get scarfed by 10-15-20 planes.  we hit it with bombs, rockets, .50 cal, 20mm, 30mm.  Just wont die that easy.  As far as the ack, you have one than one shooting at you.

I kill them all the time with a few shots from an IL-2, or a single shot from a tank. I dont take videos of it cause I dont think killing a wirbel is worthy of a video. I do however take videos of killing Tigers and I'll show you a few passes of what was a long ordeal, killing a overturned Tiger , driven by FBBob, in LWB last night. I went thru two IL-2s full of cannon and thats not even counting the bombs dropped. A wirbel would simply have taken a spritz of MG fire and a few hits of cannon.

They were, are, mounted on a tank chassis. You shouldn't expect to kill them with fighter rounds designed to kill other fighters. But you can at least put them out of action with 0.50s. Try doing that against a Tiger.

The Wirbel did not have a powered turret like it does in AH, and consequently its rate of traverse was significantly slower than what we have.  What's more, the ammo came in small clips and had to constantly be reloaded, and so the practice was to only fire two guns at a time.

What about all the other GVs you'd have to do the same with? All the aircraft are modeled in ridiculous "easy mode" too. When I get this video uploaded I'll show it to you, even tho it only shows the end of what was a long ordeal. FBBob started off with a wirbel watching his back at the spawn. Had the flak stayed with him he probably never would have gotten killed, and without free wirbels the GV'ers would suffer heavily.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
Whirbles have little to no armor protecting the turret.  

No need to perk, but perhaps you need to TA more.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
I don't know who was doing all of that attacking on one Wirbel, but something was either up or they need some TA time or something.  I usually never have a problem with killing them with bombs, now with rockets and anything else, I'm not that good but usually with 1000 lb. bombs it's pretty easy.  I'll shoot you a pm explaining how I do it.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:15:01 AM »
What about all the other GVs you'd have to do the same with? All the aircraft are modeled in ridiculous "easy mode" too.

Please be more specific.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »

my wirbles seem to die rather quickly.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline LTARghst

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Another vulch gone Bad? Why perk any ground vehicle on here. To easy to get the perks to use them, what if you die you going to lose 5 perks. These post on perking the WW are to funny. As far as WW and M8 I very seldom lose one to an M8 cause with supps it will eat M8 up, same with an IL2. Before I attack a base I will lay a line of supps out just for IL2s and eat em up. Perking is not the answer. Kill VH and all WW before you start the vulch.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 11:26:38 AM »
Another vulch gone Bad?...Kill VH and all WW before you start the vulch.

If you're implying that the Wirbelwind is only used defensively, then we must be playing different games. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!