Author Topic: Broader Audience Wishlist  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Vardogr

• Zinc Member
      • Myspace
Broader Audience Wishlist
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:35:15 PM »
1. 3rd Person Perspective and Hud for ground vehicles
-Allows those of us that are claustrophobic to actually be able to run around in a tank.

2. Ability to give coordinates for long range fleet guns.
-Allows more in-depth action and single-man spotting that can be infinitly more valuable during land and sea combat.

3. AI Base Defense.
-Launch 1 AI per 3 Defending players that will attack incoming bogies. Because this is a short-range purpose, the long range AI would not need to be enabled, only a command that would land the AI after an engagement is over.

4.Ability to BUY perk points.
-More money for you, more access to big planes for us without disrupting the perk system.

5. Cross Compatibility with Xbox360 via XboxLive and Xbox Marketplace.
-Adds a HUGE audience to the game. Voice and Text are already available over Xbox, and the most used controls can be easily mapped to the Xbox 360 Controller.

6. Adjustable map size per Population
-Instead of changing maps all together when the population meets a certain threshold, clip the cell size. For example, when a map changes from population 500 with a 10x10 to 400, clip the map to fit 8x8 cells.

7. Less Airfields.
-Adjust the amount of airfields in a ratio to the amount of players on the server. Something circa 1 airfield : 5 players.
Can't Bite? Don't Growl.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: Broader Audience Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
And it is your first post.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
 :huh

I say NO....
Tours 86 - 296

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »
wow and probly has never played the game and make less sense than i do thats  :(
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
wow and probly has never played the game and make less sense than i do thats  :(

no...he makes more sense than you do
Tours 86 - 296

Offline splitatom

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »
shut up i dont want to waste my best gramer here i need it at school
snowey flying since tour 78

Offline Vardogr

• Zinc Member
      • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »

So what part don't you get?

Purposes are to consolidate combat space to create a faster environment. That way you dont have to fly for 30 mins before you find action, and then fly 30 mins back to base.
Can't Bite? Don't Growl.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »
-Allows those of us that are claustrophobic to actually be able to run around in a tank.

A HUD isn't needed.  All the relevant information that you need is already present via the dashboard dials.  3rd person view is just gamey and I see the only reason that it's being asked for is to be able to see the other guy easier.

-Allows more in-depth action and single-man spotting that can be infinitly more valuable during land and sea combat.

Fleet guns already have quasi-feature like this called "Land Mode".  It allows you to click on the map and the guns will slave to that target.  Though it does help if you have someone acting as a spotter to fine tune the impacting rounds.

3. AI Base Defense.
-Launch 1 AI per 3 Defending players that will attack incoming bogies. Because this is a short-range purpose, the long range AI would not need to be enabled, only a command that would land the AI after an engagement is over.

This has been brought up before and while it is a good idea, one that could be trouble to implement in a PvP centric game such as ours.  This is from a discussion in another forum about the use of AI in the game to help balance out the numbers.

Quote from: Ack-Ack
It's a good idea but one that is dependent on how the AI is programmed.  Unfortunately, in most games the AI "cheats" in order to try and mimic human behavior, which results in the AI being able to do some stuff that a human player couldn't do.

An example is the current AI we have for the offline missions.

ack-ack

-More money for you, more access to big planes for us without disrupting the perk system.

Leave the Item Malls to the Asian F2P MMOs.  Perks are easily gained in the game without having to buy them, all it does is defeat the purpose of them.  Though, I would like to see the ability to wager perks for duels.  

-Adds a HUGE audience to the game. Voice and Text are already available over Xbox, and the most used controls can be easily mapped to the Xbox 360 Controller.

Not as easy as you think it is.  While the API for the Xbox 360 is easier to program for than the PS3, it would still take some work to port over AH to a console.  I'd rather have HTC work on improving the core game by updating the terrain, graphics and adding new planes and updated existing ones and keeping this a PC centric game than spending time and valuable development resources to make a console port of AH.

-Instead of changing maps all together when the population meets a certain threshold, clip the cell size. For example, when a map changes from population 500 with a 10x10 to 400, clip the map to fit 8x8 cells.

With how dynamic the arena population is and the varying numbers that frequently change, this would be rather difficult and the map would always be in a constant state of change as the population increases and decreases.  You'd be attacking a base one minute and if for some reason while in the middle of the attack, arena population either suddenly increases or decreases, the map would change while the attack was in progress, possibily eliminating the base that was being attacked.

7. Less Airfields.
-Adjust the amount of airfields in a ratio to the amount of players on the server. Something circa 1 airfield : 5 players.

You'd run into the same problems as the ones for #6.  The arena numbers are dynamic and fluctuate constently, airfields that were present when arenas were a certain number might not be there if the numbers decline.  Would suck if you were attacking a base only to see if disappear from the map just because the arena population dipped below a certain number.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »
shut up i dont want to waste my best gramer here i need it at school
You never "waste" grammar, all you do when typing like a kindergartner is reinforce bad habbits.  Then when you take your English tests you fall back onto your bad habbits, because that is how you are used to writing, and fail the tests.  Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

Now get to work...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »
True dat. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »

3. AI Base Defense.

7. Less Airfields.

"Definition of a gamer..."
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 08:12:19 PM »
"Definition of a gamer..."

Gee...what insight but by the virtue of you playing a game, doesn't that make you a 'gamer' as well? 

ack-ack

Offline Allen Rune

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »
Should I say squeaker instead?
The Screwed One

"And so it begins, may it never end."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
Should I say squeaker instead?

Sure, only if you throw yourself in to the same bag.  Honestly, there was nothing wrong with his wish list other than they really don't fit a game of this type.  There was no reason for anyone to come down on him at all.

ack-ack

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
Yep and at least he put some thought into it. And he used decent grammar ! If people are able to play this on a XBox then you'll never need to buy perks !! :) Just shoot them down  :t
now posting as SirNuke