Author Topic: KID Ack (the new enemy)  (Read 2176 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: KID Ack (the new enemy)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »
My kids learned long ago to stay away from daddy when he plays his game. He gets mad and cusses alot  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 04:39:04 AM »
My kids learned long ago to stay away from daddy when he plays his game. He gets mad and cusses alot  :lol

:aok

What makes this really funny for me is my two are adults and were adults when I started playing.  They still learned this valuable lesson.   :D

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 07:55:39 AM »
Two words tuk DUCT TAPE :lol
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
Talk to SHawk about disabling the windows key. :)

Start the Registry Editor   (Run>type 'regedit')
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Keyboard Layout
From the Edit menu select New > Binary value
Give this new value the name Scancode Map
Double-click the new value, and enter the following binary data (0 = zero): 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00
Close the registry editor
Log off, or restart Windows for the changes to take effect

If you don’t want to go through all the above steps, you can download the following two registry files to quickly enable and disable your Windows key.

Download:

http://www.sizzledcore.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/enable_windows_keys.reg

http://www.sizzledcore.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/disable_windows_keys.reg

Here's the link for KeyTweak:

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:06:54 AM by Hawk55 »
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
I try not to log on at all until after they're all asleep (except on squad night).  If I end up playing while they're awake, I spend more than half of the time afk... which is fine since I don't fly. Just turn the engine off & leave.

Have three boys; if they ask me for anything I always stop to get it for them. Sometimes I do say "Hang on sweetie, Mommy's trying to kill someone first."
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12:33 AM »
Can kid ack count as your 18 year old brother turning off the computer, then whoopin your arse after you try to fight him away?

:rock :rock :lol
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »
Sometimes I do say "Hang on sweetie, Mommy's trying to kill someone first."

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
Sometimes I do say "Hang on sweetie, Mommy's trying to kill someone first."
:rofl that's going to give me nightmares  :rofl
Lighten up Francis

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2009, 11:42:32 AM »
lol Your kids will be grown and out of the house before your know it. Cherish these times :) <S>

Mine aren't there yet...but I've learned that kid ack is the most important ack around.  It is the real deal...if it starts just shut down the machine and go outside and play with them.

I did this on Saturday...kids just wouldn't let up (although I wasn't flying AH I was surfing on the net).  Finaly I got up and went outside and kicked a ball around with them....which is really what they wanted the whole time.  We had a great time.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Demetrious

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »
I try not to log on at all until after they're all asleep (except on squad night).  If I end up playing while they're awake, I spend more than half of the time afk... which is fine since I don't fly. Just turn the engine off & leave.

Have three boys; if they ask me for anything I always stop to get it for them. Sometimes I do say "Hang on sweetie, Mommy's trying to kill someone first."

I would give up six kingdoms to have a mother who understands ACM.

Parents, I posit that thou art doing it wrong. Given the modest requirements of the Aces High II client, I suggest that you build a few cheap computers and hook them up to your home network, and then ask your kids if they would like to help mommy or daddy pwn n00bs. Never leave base without a rear gunner again!  :devil Fun for the whole family!

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
"Hang on sweetie, Mommy's trying to kill someone first."

That should be your new sig :lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:17:48 PM by stickpig »
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
I dont know who gets more food on the keys,,, me or the kids...  :lol

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »
I dug out my old Athlon 2800XP for my 4 year old, he plays Transformers, Red Baron (Arcade), and Star Wars Battlefront II on it. He is keen on AH already, including flying with the headset (but it's a little loose on his head right now).

Offline Rebel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
Wow, man. 

I can't even consider jumping on if my little man is loose in the house.  If I'm on, my son is either snoring or spending some time out time in his crib because he's been whining (usually yields a nap, ;) ).

Wife ack is one thing- if I forgot to fulfill my obligation around the house, I hear about it, and have to log.  Generally it's a simple matter of taking care of what needs doin', and then it's back to flying. 

But when the little man is up, he can't stand to be 10 feet away from me, or if he is, he's doing his best Evil Kaneival impression on the kitchen table, with the oven, the dishwasher, anything electric..... he's busy :)

"You rebel scum"

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2009, 02:20:05 PM »
"Daddy, bubba pooped and it is all over the floor and he is wiping it on the walls." :uhoh
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.