Author Topic: Alright fellas... Wish me luck...  (Read 732 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Alright fellas... Wish me luck...
« on: February 16, 2009, 08:53:42 AM »
(no school today... but) tommorow, I leave for Washington D.C.

I get up at 3:00AM, leave at 4, arrive at 5 AM in the airport, leave at 6, arrive sometime in the Afternoon, then... well, I'll be in D.C.

As for someone whose never been farther north than Tennessee, this is huge ( :lol)

I got a camera, 500 pictures, first place we're gonna stop is the Smithsonian... I'll get pictures.

:rock
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Alright fellas... Wish me luck...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:55:23 AM »
Good Luck.

Make sure you get some shots of the TA152 if it's back on display  (besides any other German stuff, of course)  :aok

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:03:29 AM »
I'll see if I can get it all... I'll make sure to get extra shots of rare German aircraft... (262, 152, 163... oh, and name some on here, I'll look fer 'em so I don't miss out on something cool)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:05:15 AM »
(no school today... but) tommorow, I leave for Washington D.C.

I get up at 3:00AM, leave at 4, arrive at 5 AM in the airport, leave at 6, arrive sometime in the Afternoon, then... well, I'll be in D.C.

As for someone whose never been farther north than Tennessee, this is huge ( :lol)

I got a camera, 500 pictures, first place we're gonna stop is the Smithsonian... I'll get pictures.

What airport are you at at 4AM? ALWAYS try to get some pics of planes, even when you get to BWI :)
Also what airline aare you flying?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 09:07:23 AM »
What airport are you at at 4AM? ALWAYS try to get some pics of planes, even when you get to BWI :)
Also what airline aare you flying?

SouthWestern Airlines, leaving at the Austin Airport at 6:20, going to Houston, then about a 4 hour flight to Baltimore.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:10:25 AM »
SWA, good choice. Weird, I just got done with a SWA flight to KMCO from KSYR. At Houston you should be able to get nice pics too, I hear theres plenty of windows. Should be light by then too.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
SWA, good choice. Weird, I just got done with a SWA flight to KMCO from KSYR. At Houston you should be able to get nice pics too, I hear theres plenty of windows. Should be light by then too.

Yea, I think it's a 2 hour flight to Houston...

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:36:26 AM »
SouthWest?

Be in the front when they call you group if ya want a good seat (if they still do that).

Other than that, I will never fly with them again.  They are 3 for 3 on losing luggage.  (first mine (when I was still in the Army and it was my duffel bag no less , then my wife's, and then my friend's wife's)  Maybe it was because we were all going to Vegas together  :rolleyes:

Then again, it could be the caliber of people they hire.

Since then, my wife and I have refused to check on luggage, no matter where we go.  If it doesn't fit in a carry-on, it doesn't go.  I also ship stuff to myself that is now taboo for carry-on (contact solution, shampoo, etc) the day before I leave.  It's worth the UPS charge for the non-hassle of the check-on luggage rituals.  We get off the plane and go.  Usually there is a package waiting for us at the hotel, already.   :aok

As for clothes, most hotels have laundry service and, if not, there is always a laundromat nearby.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »
1plus, Hope you have a marvelous trip. :aok

Every SW flight I've ever had has been super. I guess it's hit or miss.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:35 AM »
SW is a great airline overall, glitches happen but all in all they do well and the ticket policies are great. Probably flown them 400-500 hops or so...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
SouthWest?

Be in the front when they call you group if ya want a good seat (if they still do that).

Other than that, I will never fly with them again.  They are 3 for 3 on losing luggage.  (first mine (when I was still in the Army and it was my duffel bag no less , then my wife's, and then my friend's wife's)  Maybe it was because we were all going to Vegas together  :rolleyes:

Then again, it could be the caliber of people they hire.

Since then, my wife and I have refused to check on luggage, no matter where we go.  If it doesn't fit in a carry-on, it doesn't go.  I also ship stuff to myself that is now taboo for carry-on (contact solution, shampoo, etc) the day before I leave.  It's worth the UPS charge for the non-hassle of the check-on luggage rituals.  We get off the plane and go.  Usually there is a package waiting for us at the hotel, already.   :aok

As for clothes, most hotels have laundry service and, if not, there is always a laundromat nearby.
Yeah, they have A B and C boarding groups. You can check in 24hrs in advance to get in the front of your group, the two times we went to Daytona and back we were in A group.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 09:53:32 AM »
I flew from Houston to Baltimore about 6 months a go. Then on to Farmington Conneticut. Then came back a week later. Had no issues at all.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:26 AM »
as far as I know, I was assigned a window seat.

This'll be fun fellas, I cant wait... or as a Texan would say it... (or atleast the ones I know) shooooooohoooooooooot!

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 09:58:18 AM »
Maybe it was just McCarren or Philly airports?   

PIA just sucks, period, and at least 3 times we left Vegas to go home, the check-in line at McCarren was around the building.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »
as far as I know, I was assigned a window seat.

This'll be fun fellas, I cant wait... or as a Texan would say it... (or atleast the ones I know) shooooooohoooooooooot!
Assigned? :confused:
Odd, I thought SWA did party seating still.

FlyKommando.com