Author Topic: It may be a lop sided victory but......  (Read 2590 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
It may be a lop sided victory but......
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:27:04 AM »
Top Squads: Objects Destroyed
   LCA: 74
   353rd Fighter Group: 20
   332nd Flying Mongrels: 15

Top Pilots: Objects Destroyed
   Provost (353rd Fighter Group): 20
  DAKone (LCA): 20
   office (LCA): 13
   40puppet (LCA): 12
   cntrl (LCA): 10
   xdan (LCA): 8
   18whisky (LCA): 5

Enough said  :rock

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:29:17 AM by HighTone »

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
Re: It may be a lop sided victory but......
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 08:17:32 AM »
nice going LCA, we intercepted you just a few miles from the TG, our Tonys were running low on ammo after we engaged the first wave of bombers but we did what we can.
i must say the Box you held in the front of the formation was impressive and intimidating, anything who got close saw a endless stream of tracers.
we picked up the lonely ones who didnt hold the formation well but one by one our cannons and MGs went dry and we RTBed leaving the TG alone.
if only we had N1ks.... <drool>  ;)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »
It helps when three or four guys in chutes over the middle of the task force are drawing ALL the AAA fire allowing the rest to make low-level bomb and strafing runs with impunity...

:noid
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline xStrato

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:54:14 AM »
That was me above the TG is a chute. I grabbed some great video of the group getting destroyed by my squadies. We didn't have much of a choice to stay tight, the 25's don't have much for defensive weapons. It was fun though.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »
Nice job LCA. Just wondering if you guys managed to get any of the ships after we got whacked?
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »
WTG LCA!  :salute
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
Strato,

There were a total of 3-4 chutes altogether. I had a count.

Qrsu,

They sunk the rest of the ships after the cruiser went down. However three of the four destroyers were sunk while their AAA was distracted by the above-mentioned guys hanging in their chutes.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 12:27:43 PM »
 :aok
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »
Well, what did you want them to do, go down in the plane.  It really dosent matter if they bailed 5k ro 1k near the CV, the AA will still shoot at them.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:44:01 PM »
Actually, yes I would. Because then there wouldn't have been four guys slowly floating to the deck drawing fire from every gun in the task group. TG Ack is neutered in FSO as it is, and it doesn't help matters that this is such a well-known exploit.

I'm not saying it WAS intentional, but there's no way they could have NOT known about it.

Offline AKKaz

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »
Seeing how chute or goin down with your aircraft is of no advantage in the consideration of receiving "half points" versus full points of the loss of their aircraft, There would be only 2 reasons to bail out in an FSO.

To provide intel reports on locations size and strengths, and to divert the ack fire.  For some reason, the ack seems to see the chutes as a higher threat than the aircraft and stays focused on them instead of the aircraft.  I have no clue as to how the AI chooses its targets.

But whether this was done intentional or just by accident, don't know.... but you can bet that now it is out in the open, it will be used to that affect more in the future by some that never realized of the great affect it may have on their strike initiative.

AKKaz
Arabian Knights

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 01:19:31 PM »
I have always tried to bail in FSO and now that our squad tracks all records from FSO I try to punch out rather than take the death. But I have never used it to draw Ack fire or gather intel.

You get one life in most FSOs, I try to preserve it even if I am shot down.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »
Kaz,

Problem is this exploit is ALREADY very well-known from the Mains. It's why you see guys dropping troops and supplies on enemy airfields while the AAA is still up.

Is there a way things can be set up to automatically send bailers back to the tower? The log records the a bail, but doesn't leave them hanging around? At the very least, I would think bailing with intent to draw AAA fire away from other aircraft should fall under the same category of someone bailing on an enemy airfield to CAP the runways with his .45.

Offline Jaxxon

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 02:10:56 PM »
Hanging in your chute to draw ack is a new one on me, you think mabey it would be new to anyone else?
"I had found the one thing I loved above all others, to me it wasn't a bussiness or a profession, but a wonderful game".
WA Bishop

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 02:15:37 PM »
Ive seen people in the MA, drop troops at 6K. Then let their friends vulch the field
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27