Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Public Apology
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:28:28 AM »
     I would like to apologize to everyone who was on early Saturday night.  As you may know (if you were tuned 200) I totally just blew up.  I don't think ever in my life I've had as bad of a day as today.  My behavior was totally unacceptable and I apologize to those that I may have offended.

A little while after my 200 incident, a fellow countryman that I usually always kid around with, or get him worked up, had a few words, and I did something I will always regret.  Bare with me that this kid was like the kid that cried wolf.  He had told me one too many lies in the past (really only takes one for me not to believe you).  Anyway, I made a comment about his mother only to find out later that his mother had actually died last month. 

The rest of the night only got worse for me.  It was like I was being punished.  Every sortie ended with little to no kills and a death for me. 

Yes, I know this is a game.  Like many, I get carried away sometimes, and I work on a short fuse anyway  :lol.  But as a result of tonight, I detuned 200 and even questioned my staying in the AH world.  As of now I'm still here, and that's the way I would like it to be.  But after tonight, I felt really stupid.

So, to all that was online at the time, I do apologize for my rude behavior.  That is all.

#S#  :salute

Banshee7
Tours 86 - 296

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
Re: Public Apology
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:02:51 AM »
Sorry to hear it Banshee, it happens to everyone.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 04:23:39 AM »
Seen that flip out last night on 200  :D just pull the power lead out of the wall and go do something more interesting. But it wasn't the only 200 flip out of the night or the worst by a long shot  :lol

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 06:10:13 AM »
we all say and do some dumb s&*^ from time to time. It's called the "human condition".<S> carry on.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 07:29:48 AM »
You'll learn banshee that its easier to Alt F4 when it happens than to do damage control the next morning.

Just pull the plug and walk away.

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 07:37:49 AM »
Key kiddo its all good.   You may have flipped out and said some things that you regret, but you made it all good apologizing here for all to see.

We all have those days when anything you do turns to crap.   I know I have my fair share.   

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
Banshee, don't worry about it.  It takes a lot of guts to own up to a mistake.  It takes more guts to own up to it in public.  The AH community is pretty forgiving though.  We all have days/nights like that.  (Pretty much what Heritic said.) 

<S>
Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 08:57:43 AM »
we all have bad days and say stupid stuff especially online.Much respect for ya owning up and and being an adult about it.The 200 is my show as it really gets retarded at times
been there destroyed that

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 09:02:46 AM »
Sorry to hear it Banshee, it happens to everyone.

No it doesn't. Not to crap on Banshee here, but he is just another in a long line of people who go overboard and then apologies on the boards and everyone pats him on the back and says "ahhh its ok bumpkin, we all get that way sometimes". If people who are tired of the "crap" that is allowed in the arneas continue to allow this stuff then it will continue.

In AW there was a much tighter code. If you stepped out of line once you where warned by the community. The second time you where harassed to no end by the community. The third time you were ostracized by the community. Instead of telling these people that it's ok, everyone should let them know it isn't and there will be consequences. We have Stokes in the other thread crying about be muted for his bad mouth. Tough luck buddy, learn when to keep your mouth shut!

Yes we all get frustrated at this game, but like Ghosth said, just <alt> F4 and go take a break. I've done it many a time. Enough coddling these people, you screw up, your out. HTC is too easy on the offenders. I know hes working to keep a profit here, but there has to be a limit.

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 09:14:41 AM »
We've all done it at some point, bro.  Things happen (usually in a short timeframe) that can send one over the edge.  It takes cajones to stand up, admit to a wrongdoing and appologize. :salute

I agree with detuning 200.  From what I've seen, nothing good comes from talking across countries at war in public.

No need to even think about leaving for something we are all guilty of at some point in our lives.  Besides, if you left, who could I slap around in a bomber dogfight? :D......... that is of course after you smacked me around in about 6 different fighters, of course. :o

Now get up and KILL! :salute
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:16:15 AM by Roundeye »
"Rotorhed"

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
To the naysayers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Its a game.  One where people do things that can piss you off, sometimes repeatedly.  We've all lost it at some point, yes even numerous times.  Its human.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:28:20 AM by Roundeye »
"Rotorhed"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »
Hey man, when ya have 200 or 300 competitive folks on at one time tempers will flare. It's the nature of the beast. The lord knows we've all had our share of regretable moments. I think that you coming here and publicly apologizing is quite telling of your character and is to be commended sir.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 09:42:37 AM »
<snip>

I knew there would be someone on here that would say I'm just looking for sympathy or whatnot.  Well here you're wrong.  After I found out that his mother actually DID die I felt like crap.  AS many of you know I talk a LOT on vox, and when I'm almost dead silent something's wrong.  The whole time after that I was sitting there thinking "what if MY mom had recently passed away?"

I didn't post here to get a "pat on the back."  I posted this in hopes of someone in the squad would pass on my apologies to the player because he logged off. 

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:44:59 AM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 09:49:24 AM »
I knew there would be someone on here that would say I'm just looking for sympathy or whatnot.  Well here you're wrong.  After I found out that his mother actually DID die I felt like crap.  AS many of you know I talk a LOT on vox, and when I'm almost dead silent something's wrong.  The whole time after that I was sitting there thinking "what if MY mom had recently passed away?"

I didn't post here to get a "pat on the back."  I posted this in hopes of someone in the squad would pass on my apologies to the player because he logged off. 

And like I said I wasn't just picking on you. Yes you made a mistake, and you felt bad about it, that shows promise right there.

The point I'm trying to make here is when people do step out of line it should be pointed out, and not tolerated and swept under the rug as "well it happens to everyone". It takes "cajones to stand up and apologize" to quote someone else, but it takes bigger ones to walk away BEFORE it gets out of hand. 

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 09:52:15 AM »
And like I said I wasn't just picking on you. Yes you made a mistake, and you felt bad about it, that shows promise right there.

The point I'm trying to make here is when people do step out of line it should be pointed out, and not tolerated and swept under the rug as "well it happens to everyone". It takes "cajones to stand up and apologize" to quote someone else, but it takes bigger ones to walk away BEFORE it gets out of hand. 

I do agree.  I've always been told that "it takes a bigger man to walk away."  Just seems that online all that stuff goes out the window  :lol
Tours 86 - 296