Author Topic: They did not take the HO. Nice.  (Read 1023 times)

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
Re: They did not take the HO. Nice.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »
Ranking is nothing, drop a bomb on a factory in a Ju87, capture a couple towns and you're in. Having a good rank does not equate to ability, in certain cases the opposite is true.

i understand, im just trying to make everything relative, this is as opposed to some guy with a 5000 ranking, someone with that rank doesnt really have a clue as to what theyre doing

most in the 1-2000 range have a pretty good understanding of the game, keyword MOST

now the guy whos rank was around 100 had racked up alot of kills, so like i said, he ho's for score and doesnt care about having a good dogfight
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 12:46:29 AM »
'splain Lucy.

He said 1000 out if your finger is twitchy... you should know that the actually range that you begin your move will vary by type. If you turn at 600 in a 202 it would probably be more like 1.4k in a P51... just depends on what 'move' you are making. If I am hot I am not making the same move I make in low E situations etc. Doing the same thing in every plane wont earn you much more then bruises.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 12:48:40 AM »
i've had alot of people with a ranking of under 1000 ho me recently, I'm assuming they just do whatever they can to get a kill (yes i usually check their rank after a ho to see if they're just a total moron)

the other night had a guy who was ranked around 100 ho me(forget the name), which i think is just dumb, now theres someone who is sololy concerned with their score, and not general gameplay

I 'HOed' you if you call a high 1/4 shot from the beginning of your move to my nose a HO. Had you tried to HO me it would not have worked for you. The tell tale sign of your tail falling off should have given that away.  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 01:22:28 AM »
Del this guy is the noob, I will give him 8k alt advantage anyday of the week

ROFL  You either got spanked by me in the past or you dont know me at all! Either way you are way out of your league.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 07:36:51 AM »
He said 1000 out if your finger is twitchy... you should know that the actually range that you begin your move will vary by type. If you turn at 600 in a 202 it would probably be more like 1.4k in a P51... just depends on what 'move' you are making. If I am hot I am not making the same move I make in low E situations etc. Doing the same thing in every plane wont earn you much more then bruises.

Now it makes sense ... thanks.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAVPFCDD

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »
I 'HOed' you if you call a high 1/4 shot from the beginning of your move to my nose a HO. Had you tried to HO me it would not have worked for you. The tell tale sign of your tail falling off should have given that away.  :D

i dont recall that... but I know for a fact this guy wasnt you, this guy made a direct move to get on my 12 o'clock. I guess i should have finished the story... he does that, then i break right real hard, he sets himself up for ANOTHER ho, I break again, and finally the 109k4 gets the nice turn advantage over his pony  and i get on his 6 and 30mm him to kingdom come. I then proceed to call him a hotard, feeling proud of myself for surviving his 2 ho attempts then takin him down.

I usually fly the 109k4 so a ho basically always puts me out of commission.

now i will say about a month ago i had run into two f4us and had a similar story, where we both happened to merge setting up perfect hos and both held our fire, so i saluted and talked to those guys. It seems like only once in a blue moon will you someone not take that shot.

My advice if you see a ho, turn, its as simple as that, i've gotten proficient at it, and it works well. I don't count on them not being a ho tard anymore, its become too much of a pandemic these days.

Chivalry is dead.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Georgia I eat a peach for peace." - Duane Allman

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil." Jerry Garcia

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 07:07:22 PM »
In a fight 9 times out of 10 the guy is going to try for the HO.

Guess what, 9 times out of 10 the guy is a clueless noob who couldn't kill time with a sledgehammer and a stopwatch.

Which one are you?
:rofl  Im out of watches :cry
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »
   :rofl If your missing  your tail section, I would agree. probably not a HO. :cry
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins