Author Topic: Vehicles Please  (Read 624 times)

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
Vehicles Please
« on: January 16, 2000, 08:04:00 PM »
You guys promised us some vehicles after you would make the film recorder.  My picks:

Tiger Panzer
M4 Sherman
Half-track
Jeep w/ light MG

------------------
mp-ten
2nd Lt. 352nd Fighter Group

[This message has been edited by Rendar (edited 01-17-2000).]

Offline Rendar

• Copper Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2000, 01:32:00 AM »
Punt.  

------------------
mp-ten
2nd Lt. 352nd Fighter Group

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2000, 01:55:00 AM »
HT said (in the arena) that there will be 3 vehicles for a start (Jeep, Flak, Tank).

Az

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2000, 02:09:00 AM »
Panzer III ?

The thing was long gone in 1944. We want Tiger to negotiate those Shermans, not Blitzkrieg tincans  

[This message has been edited by Hristo (edited 01-17-2000).]

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Vehicles Please
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2000, 06:55:00 AM »
I'm all for vehicles, but what purpose could they serve in the game(as it is now)?

The "Flak" would be very useful for defending airfields, in fact probably too useful - Imagine: Vulcher sees fighter pop up at runway end and swoops in for the kill. Suddenly, several flakpanzers materialise and vapourise the sucker in mere milliseconds with the huge number of 20mm shells they fling in his general direction. Capturing a defended field would become practically impossible.  

I dunno what you would do with a Tank and Jeep, it would be hours before you got anywhere...

Offline Tern

• Zinc Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
Legally speaking... Aren't "we" getting a little too close to mirroring Air Warrior?  I mean AW is nice and had it's day, and WB was nice and damned expensive.  But, AH is proving to be far better than either of it's predecessors.  Would really hate to see it all get blown away on some legal dick... uhm technicalities from a rival company. =(

IF, you need a tank, make it the Patton or Sherman.  Flak vehicle can be the US Halftrack w/ quad .50's or the German Neblewerfer, Jeep...?  Well they had the Rat Patroll so I guess it would be safe.

Anyone notice how like the submarine canyons AH terrain appears in the new version?  (hint hnt HT).

Terne sez: "Live to FLy, Fly to Fight, Fight to Live!"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2000, 11:06:00 AM »
juzz,

What you describe is exactly how FP's were (are) used in AW to defend fields, making it necessary to close the field and kill all the FP's before capture.

popeye
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Vehicles Please
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2000, 02:45:00 PM »
Hm.  Since everybody will be using the same vehicles it isn't so important what vehicles are used.  I'd say use the Willys Jeep, Soviet T-34/76, and the German FlakPanzer.  Or some other combination, so long as each vehicle type is from a different nation - to be fair.

I think their uses would be as follows:

flakpanzer - defense against aircraft
tank - defense against other vehicles
jeep - used to take over an enemy airfield's HQ

------------------
leonid, aka grisha
129 IAP VVS RKKA

ingame: Raz

Offline MiG Eater

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.avphoto.com
Vehicles Please
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2000, 08:23:00 PM »
Heh,

The ground war portion of this sim that will develop can be called Aces Low     :P

MiG