Author Topic: PRELUDE TO STALEMATE: OPERATION AVALANCHE DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 999 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Re: PRELUDE TO STALEMATE: OPERATION AVALANCHE DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 03:46:37 PM »
The 190A5 bears a closer resemblance to the performance of the earlier G series 190's, IMO.  Outside of wing drop tanks, ordnance capacity is almost identical.  Plus, the in-game F model and its PB-1 rockets were not introduced until later--mid-to-late 1944 if I understand correctly.  So, short answer is no.  The A5 will stay versus the F8, unless someone can provide a more convincing argument.  Thanks for the question though.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »
 :aok

:salute

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
The F8 could be restricted to only use the 4x50kg bombs on the wings to simulate the abilities of the G.  The 190G was a long range version of the 190F; the F has better range than the A5, which has extremely short range and can't carry both ordinance and a drop tank.

Second part of the argument:  the 190A-5 will be used as an air-superiority fighter if it's available, the 190F-8 would be used for what the 190G was used for.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 04:00:27 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
Sorry, we're going to leave the A5s as they are.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »
You don't have to say "sorry." :lol  Just make the most accurate choice for the event and I'll be happy.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!